Be Nice.

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep.

                    A rumbling groan was heard from the bed, muffled by the covers. Messily, Chunji tugged the cover down over his head and glared pointedly at the small black box that was sending the offending sound into his head. His hand whipped down and hit the box, not too gracefully, seizing the sound. Once the piercing noise had stopped he sighed and his head fell back on the pillow, his whole body turning limp.

                    After a pause, Chunji ran a hand over his tired face and through his mussed up hair. He turned his half-opened eyes to the clock on his bedside table once more.

                    ‘Time to get up’ He thought to himself as he pushed himself to sit on his bed and drag himself out of the warmth of the covers. He padded out of the room he performed his usual ritual of pounding a fist on his roommate’s door before making his way to the bathroom to wash.

                    Having showered and allowed the hot water to wake him up from his groggy state he got dressed into his school uniform and began to make his way to the stairs. But before he stepped down he paused and turned around to face the hallway again. He padded back down the hallway slightly and pressed his ear to the door he had previously knocked on and heard the soft snoring noises of Niel, still sleeping.

                    Chunji smirked slightly to himself before knocking loudly on the door again, “Niel! Get up we have school!”

                    Niel replied with unintelligible mumbles from the other side of the door. Chunji rolled his eyes and pushed the door open without warning. He saw a very sleepy Niel, sat up on his bed, the covers tangled in his legs and pooled around his hips revealing a simple maroon coloured t shirt. His long hair was tangled and sticking out in all directions, his eyes were half closed and his, already thick, lips were pouted in annoyance of being woken up.

                    Chunji chuckled at the scene “You’re going to be late if you don’t get up now, idiot.” He informed before heading towards the stairs once again, leaving Niel’s door wide open, showing Niel flop back down onto the mattress.

                    Chunji skipped quickly down the stairs, carrying his blazer in his hand. He glanced quickly at the living room but his eyes were met by a closed door. This being out of the norm, Chunji hesitantly turned the knob and opened the door, allowing light from the hallway into the dark room.

                    Chunji heard light grumbling and shuffling from the shape on the couch. His heart instantly sped up at the unknown figure until the figure sat up on the couch with unbelievably messed up hair and squinting eyes as he tried to cover his face from the light that Chunji was letting in.

                    “Chanhee?” The figure spoke up in a sultry, deep, sleepy voice.

                    “Oh! Byunghun! You scared me. I completely forgot you were here.” Chunji exclaimed as he attempted to slow down his heart.

                    Byunghun chuckled at Chunji as he attempted to flatten his hair somewhat with his hand.

                    “Coffee?” Chunji enquired as he turned away from the living room and headed towards the kitchen.

                    “Sounds good.” Byunghun said as he nodded to himself and took a look around the room, familiarising himself with the surroundings. He mustered up the strength to stands up and follow Chunji’s path into the kitchen. He watched Chunji’s back as he was turned away from him and was working on preparing coffee.           

                    Byunghun noticed the uniform and saw how Chunji had rolled the sleeves of his white shirt up to his elbows and had his tie loosely hanging around his neck. Byunghun hadn’t noticed that he was staring and that Chunji had turned around to face him. He shook his head to regain consciousness of the situation and averted his eyes quickly, rubbing the back of his neck embarrassedly.

                    “You ok?” Chunji asked amusedly.

                    “Y- yeah. It’s just been a while since I’ve seen you in a uniform.” Byunghun laughed self-consciously.

                    Chunji laughed once more until he pushed his own shoulders back slightly and lifted his chin to look over Byunghun’s shoulder. Byunghun caught this look and instantly lowered his hand and looked behind him finding the tall figure of Niel very close to him. Byunghun’s eyes were level with the other boy’s collar bone and Byunghun slowly lifted his eyes to the face to see that Niel was giving him an expression that was anything but welcoming.

                    After a moment of uncomfortable silence, as Niel carried on giving Byunghun an extended dirty look, Chunji spoke up. “Morning, Niel” His voice sounded slightly apprehensive.

                    Niel slowly lifted his gaze from the shorter visitor to look at his roommate. Chunji was giving his a pointed look telling him to stop. “Morning.” Niel said with fake sweetness as he slid into the room past Byunghun and settled himself next to Chunji after checking there was nothing worth eat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter