Good Morning!

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep.

                    The shrill sound of an alarm could be heard breaking through the blissful silence of morning. A young man, lying in bed, stirred at the intruding sound until his head of brunette hair popped out at the top of the cover. An arm then made itself visible next to the fluffy mass of brown and searched for the alarm clock on the bedside table. After a couple of attempts the hand hit the beeping gadget until it hasted its deafening sound and, feeling successful, it fell limp on the pillow next to the hidden head. 

                    "Hmpf..." After a moment of silence a throaty groan was heard from the man and his sleepy face was revealed when the cover got pulled down. An oval shaped face, complimented with plump, pouting lips and full eyebrows pulled into a furrow as his eyes squinted at the harsh change of lighting. 

                    Eyes still closed he pushed himself up on one elbow and ran his free, long- hand through his mass of fluffy hair. He mustered up the strength to sit up fully which led the cover, which was once covering him, to pool at his hips. This action revealed the young man's tank-top clad torso which was thin yet obviously toned. His thin arms were bent and his long fingers were massaging his closed eyelids.

                    His eyes, once opened and uncovered, were large and doe-like. They were round in shape and a dark brown-black colour which caused his pupil to get lost within the depths of the iris, almost doubling the entire eye in size. Such darkness of colour caused his eyes to have a constant sparkle which gave him an air of permanent innocence.

                    He looked around his ever familiar room until he threw the remaining cover off his extended legs showing flannel pajama pants. He threw his legs over the edge of the bed before hesitantly standing up having not fully shaken his sleepy state.

                    Dragging his body out of his room into the corridor he sluggishly walked towards the stairs but made sure to pause and bang his fist a few times on another closed door.

                    "Niel! Get your up!" He yelled revealing a rather deep voice having lost the majority of throaty sleepiness already. 

                    Without waiting for a reply he followed his path down the stairs and into a simple kitchen. He poured a glass of orange juice and threw some bread in a toaster. After the preparation of breakfast he turned to face the room and leant the small of his back on the counter behind him. 

                    As he sipped a sour first sip of juice another boy around the same age appeared in the doorway. His hair was longer, reaching just past his ears, and the colour itself was a lighter honey blonde-brown than the previous boy. His body type was rather similar, skinny yet toned, although he was taller. His body was covered by a simple baggy t shirt and pajama pants. 

                    He had narrower, more cat-like eyes with a dark colour but the most noticeable feature on this boy’s face was the thick, fish-like lips that appeared in a constant pout. 

                    The second boy’s sleepy eyes were drawn to his waist when a strong pair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter