I watched my employers put out fire.

From Where We Came From...

                                                                           



 

"I... you..."

 

"Come here..."

 

"~~~"

 

A... melody I've heard before. Yes, he'd always sing for me...

 

"Run..."

 

"Run! Sam!"

 

"Come with me!"

 

Who are you???

 

"No! Samantha!"

 

"Sam!!!!"

 



 

"Sam!"

 

"Huh? Whu-"

 

"Sorry to wake you Sam. But, you need to get up."

 

"Ah. Yes!" I quickly stood up and fixed the bed. My eyes automatically darted to the wall clock.

 

'Three a.m.' I began to become curious of what it is that's supposed to be done at this hour.

 

"Sorry about this. It's just that there was detection from the radar." Chen-nim said.

 

"Not at all. It is my task to assist you Chen-nim." I replied firmly.

 

Chen-nim stopped walking and looked at me for a few seconds then he chuckled.

 

"Pfft! Hahaha! Wow you really changed 180 degrees. There's no need to be that stiff you know! It's not like we're some kind of lords or anything. And what's up with the 'Chen-nim'?" He raised an eyebrow. "Just call me 'Chen-oppa~♥' "

 

I was hesitant as it didn't seem appropriate. Not to mention, it’s embarrassing.

But oh well, if he insists. "Chen-oppa~♥" I mimicked the way he said it.

 

He looked startled for a second then I saw his cheeks become tinted with red.

His reaction made me reconsider if the new name attachment was really okay.

 

'Should I return to calling him 'Chen-nim'?'

 

"G-g-good." He turned around abruptly and started walking. "*cough*. L-let's quickly go to the others."

 

"Yes." I quickly followed.

 

'I guess it's okay?'



 

On our way through the corridors a mixture of voices shouting and people running echoed throughout the house.

 

"Kai wake up!"

 

"Kris your clothes and hair are fine... can we go now?"

 

"Bang! Bang! Ya! Take this! Rrratatatata!!! Woooh!!!"

 

"Baekhyun are you wearing my clothes? AGAIN???"

 

"Ya Lay! it's not the time to play the piano! And Chanyeol don't accompany him!"

 

"Oh, good morning Sam!"

 

"Tao!!!! I need to use the bathrooom!!! *cries*"

 

"...*munch* *munch*..."

 

 

"Uhmm. Won't the neighbors be angry? And how long have they been awake? They act a bit too... lively." I asked Chen curiously as they continued making a racket.

"The whole house is sound-proof." Then he grinned, "Around 12 am maybe? Yeah our body clocks are naturally messed up. You seem pretty awake yourself."

 

I nodded. 'Right, because I used to do night shifts often.'

 

"Uhm, I need you to assist me with things. Then later please cook breakfast for us." Chen explained as we walked.

 

After a while, we finally arrived at a room with a wall made of monitors. A loud alarm was ringing and the room was lit in red. Chen pushed a switch. The alarm stopped and white light filled the room.

 

"Sorry 'bout that. Loud wasn't it?"

He sat in his swivel chair and faced the monitors.

 

The monitors combined into one big picture. It showed Kris fixing his hair in front of the camera.

<Yo Chen. Do I look alright?>

 

" *sigh* Kris-hyung. Call Suho-hyung please. And no, your eyes look ugly."

 

Kris looked shocked. <*gasp* They do not!>

 

Suho appeared in the screen, he was looking at Kris skeptically.

 

Kris disappeared from the screen and him yelling 'Are my eyes weird?' can be heard in the background.

 

<So Chen... where to?>

 

"It will appear in the Han River at approximately 32 minutes."

 

"What's it doing there?" I wondered aloud.

 

Chen just shrugged. “I don’t know. They appear at really random places.”

 

<Hmm... it's close.>

 

"Yup."

 

<Okay. I'll tell Kai to survey the place for by-standers for now... Chen cover us.>

 

"Ne!"

 

<Sam! I want fried chicken for breakfast!!!> Kai suddenly crashed into Suho and was seen on the screen.

 

<No! It's unhealthy!> Lay’s voice.

 

<Let's just let her decide.> Xiumin took Kai away from the camera. <Just make it delicious okay?> He smiled.

 

"And, make it good for at least 30 people. We eat a lot, especially after this."

 

"Ne!!!" I mentally browsed my memory for recipes 'Something healthy, delicious, and could be prepared in a big batch. Kimchi fried rice maybe? Hmmm...'

 

<Okay. Everybody ready?> Suho called out to the others. Kris leaned against him coolly, showing off his sunglasses.

 

<Hyung!!! Tao's still in the bathroom!!! > Sehun reported.

 

<Chen, will you please.> Suho said with a straight face.

 

"It will be my pleasure." Chen brought out a smart phone and typed something.

 

<KYAAAAAAaaaaaaaa!!!!!!>

 

I got startled by the piercing scream that came from the monitor. It was immediately followed by Chen’s laughter. "Ahahahhahahah!!!"

 

<Ahahahaha!!> Laughter also erupted from the others.

 

<Uwaaah!! Kris-hyung! Chen turned off the lights again!!!> On the background, Tao was trying to glomp onto Kris with only a towel on. Kris just kept looking in a mirror with his hand stopping Tao by the forehead.

 

Finally, Suho started giving out orders.

<Okay so everybody's here? Kai go ahead and scout the surroundings for civilians. Bring Tao with you, just in case you need to transport someone.> Kai immediately disappeared with Tao.

 

 <Chen, how much time left?>

 

"10 mins. Oh, and I just got word from Kai. Coast is clear."

 

'That was fast...'

 

<Okay everybody. Let's go. Chen, cover us.>

 

"Yup." The monitor shifted to the Han River. Kai and Tao were standing on the bay, staring in the dark water.

 

"Uhmm... what do I do?" I just awkwardly stood by the side of the room.

 

"Oh right... Hahaha! I'm sorry, I kinda just wanted to show off a little. Haha." He shyly admitted.

"Well, for now, just watch us." As Chen said that, he simultaneously closed his eyes.

 

Suddenly, I heard Chen hum a soft, mellow tune. The sound was so beautiful and haunting that I couldn’t help but become entranced by it.

 

When I turned my eyes to the screen, I noticed that the view of the Han River, which could be clearly seen just a moment earlier, became covered in heavy fog. The screen blinked once and the camera seemed to have gone into the fog, the river could be seen again and the others were now all present.  

 

"Hyung, any second now." Chen said.

 

The surface of the river began to bubble. A red light from beneath the river became brighter and the water of the river transformed into steam.

 

 Suddenly, a huge fireball with what looked like an angry face emerged from the surface. Then it started spouting out little blue fireballs at random directions.

 

<Wha-? What is a fire Pokémon doing in a river?> Sehun said.

 

<Ha! It's my time to shine!> Chanyeol jumped forward and did a stance.

 

"Guys it's an 'Atsuia'. It's angry, that's why it's like that. You need to try and cool it down. Back off Chanyeol."

 

<Awww.....> Chanyeol complained.

 

<Is it just me or is the ‘Atsuia’ getting bigger?>

 

<*Boogsh*>

 

<Gyaa! It's firing little atsuia babies!!!>

 

<Everyone calm down! Xiumin-hyung let's go!>

 

<Yup.>

 

Xiumin and Suho stepped forward towards the monster. The latter waved his hands and a surge of water exploded between them and the monster. Then just when the wall of water collapsed on top the monster, it quickly turned into ice. The monster could clearly be seen encased in ice, and just like what happened to the tree, it soon faded away into dust.

 

"Okay good job everyone!"

 

<Yeah. Thanks as always Chen. We'll clean up now. You go ahead and help Sam.>

 

I snapped back to reality after watching the sho-... video of my superiors, fighting. It really was astounding how they can use powers like that.

 

I was surprised when Chen suddenly grabbed my hand.

"Come on we have work to do."

 

'Oh right! I need to cook for them.' I mentally slapped my forehead.

 

"Ne. Right away." I quickened my pace and unconsciously left behind Chen.

 

"..." I quickly turned around when I realized that I didn't know where the kitchen was. "Chen-o-oppa, I'm sorry but I don't know where the kitchen is... will you please tell me?"

 

When I looked, Chen was still at the door of the computer room. He was staring at his hand.

 

'Hmm? What? Is something wrong with his hand?' I rushed to his side.

 

"What is it? Are you injured?"

 

"H-huh? O-oh! No! It's nothing." He looked flushed.

 

'Is he sick?'

 

"L-l-let's go. The kitchen right? It's this way."

 

*****

 

"Here we are."

 

We arrived at the kitchen and like the other rooms, it sparkled with it luxuriousness.

 

"Thank you. So what should I cook?"

 

"You decide." Chen grinned. "Just remember to make lots."

 

"Okay." After confirming the order, I immediately went through the cupboard and the refrigerator.

 

"Whoa it's like a convenience store."

 

'Did I say that outloud?'

 

Chen chuckled. "Yeah. Suho-hyung really doesn't hold back on groceries... I'll cook the rice!!!" He raised his hand excitedly

 

"It's alright! Let me do it!" I said.

 

'It's my job right?'

 

"Kwaenchanha! Trust me! I cook good rice!" Chen went ahead and grabbed the rice and started to cook it.

 

"Uhhh..." I was trying to protest again but Chen was already happily humming while washing the rice.

 

'Will it be okay?' I thought worriedly.

 

After making sure that Chen knew better than washing rice with soap, I proceeded to cook breakfast. Feeling a bit weird that my employer is helping me do the job they are paying me for to do.

 

CHAPTER END