I moved in as a maid.

From Where We Came From...

                                                                            



 

It turned out that the thing that they were worrying about was about me, a girl, living with eleven boys under the same roof.

 

As they expected, I didn't really mind. I've practically been treated like a boy all my life. I wasn't really conscious about it.

 

The terms of the job were simple enough. I was basically like their live in maid. Even though they tried to put it nicely like calling me their 'secretary', I knew my place.

I was to help in maintaining the house, doing menial tasks for them, etc. In short I just needed to be ready at their beck and call.

I actually also offered to help in the 'intercept missions' as they call it, but they turned me down because, ‘...it is too dangerous for a girl.’, as they worded it.  I didn't argue further because I didn't want conflict with my employers.

 

'Che. Everybody underestimates me too much.'

 

In compensation with the work that I would do, I would be provided with lodging. All expenses paid. I would also be given allowances each week for my personal use. Of course, there was also the official pay.

 

Don’t get me wrong, I already checked if I was dreaming numerous times.

 

The situation is too good that it’s suspicious!

But a chance like this is really really hard, if not impossible, to come by. Okay, having aliens as employers is normally impossible, but it happened didn’t it?

 

You gotta be flexible in this age man… 

 

So in the end, I just accepted gratefully.

 

'Dreams do come true! My masters are truly generous people!’

"Ehe… Ehehe… Ehehehehe!"  I was laughing to myself as I wiggled my fingers when I was imagining the job I landed and all its benefits.

 

*knock* *knock*

I snapped out of it when I heard a knock from the bathroom door. "Uh, Sam? You okay? Your creepy laughter is scaring me."

 

"Ah! Ne~!" I replied cheerfully. Sehun-nim's voice came from the door.

 

"I'll leave your clothes here alright? They're Chen-hyung's clothes though. Also, Suho-hyung said that we'll pick up your things later."

 

"Ne! Kamsahamnida!" I said.

 

"Okay. See you at dinner." Sehun-nim left.

 

While I was at showering I tried to recall and memorize all their names. It would be rude not to after all.

After I scrubbed my body clean, and washed my hair thoroughly, I quickly dressed up and got out.

 

I was surprised to see the others already prepared at the table, waiting for me so that they could begin eating.

 

A seat was reserved for me at the farthest end beside Sehun-nim. At first, I was hesitant because a servant is not supposed to eat with her masters, but they insisted so I obliged.

When I got seated, I almost drooled at the luxurious food that was served, it made me have the urge to just use my hands and stuff my mouth. I barely stopped myself from doing just that.

I looked around and waited for others to start first. I noticed that all of them were looking at me with their mouths hanging open.

 

"Yes?" I asked clueless.

 

Sehun-nim suddenly stood up and went to Suho-nim. I heard him whisper, "Hyung! This is dangerous!"

'Hm? What's dangerous?'

Suho-nim snapped from his thoughts and looked incredulously at Sehun-nim then back at the group.

 

*clears throat*

"As you heard earlier, Sam would be living with us from now on. Everyone let’s welcome Sam. ”

"Welcome Sam!"

 

I immediately stood up  and bowed deeply. "Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity!"

 

"Haha! Too formal!" Baekhyun-nim chuckled along with the others. So I stood up straight and gave a warm smile instead, and they all smiled in return.

 



 

“So, this is your room.”

 

My eyes sparkled when we entered the suite-like room. I just realized when we were heading to my assigned room that the house I would be staying at from now on is BIG. When I say big, I mean BIG. I looked at Suho-nim with sparkling eyes. “A-are you quite sure? But I am but a humble servant Suho-nim! This is too much for someone like me!”

 

“U-uh-huh. You don’t need to mind that. Yes, this room is yours.” Suho-nim looked baffled.

“Really? Yay!” I immediately ran inside and jumped on the bed.

“Haha. You never fail to astonish me.” Suho-nim chuckled.

 

*Bam*

 

"Huff... Huff..." Sehun-nim suddenly appeared panting at the doorway.

He abruptly grabbed both our shoulders and quickly pushed  us out the door. "U-uh. Wait one sec." The door slammed in front of our faces.

 

"..." Suho-nim and I stared at the closed door.

Frantic searching noises could be heard from inside the room.

'It sounds like there's a tornado in there.'

 

*five minutes later*

 

The door creaked open and we saw Sehun-nim peek out slowly. He carefully got out of the room with his hands behind his back. Then he sidestepped while smiling nervously at us. The corners of suspicious looking magazines peeked from behind his back.

"U-uh... I just came to get uhhh... some things that I left. Haha..." Sehun-nim laughed nervously. "The room's all yours now!" Then he darted away.

 

Laughter that sounded like Tao-nim's echoed from the stairs at the end of the hallway where Sehun-nim disappeared to.

 

Suho-nim sighed and shook his head. "I told him to pack up ALL his things." He mumbled.

"Sorry, this room was actually the maknae's but we decided that he transfer instead to another room to leave this vacant for you, because it's the farthest. So, you know, you have your privacy." He explained.

 

"Ahh... ne." I was returned to being reluctant to use the room because I felt like I was intruding.

 

"It's fine. Besides, he actually hated this room. He said that it was no fun because too far from the others." Suho-nim said after noticing my expression. "So, want to get your things first?"

 



 

Kai-nim, Sehun-nim, and Tao-nim came with me to my apartment to fetch my things.

 

"U-wah." Tao-nim made a face as he entered the small door, while Sehun-nim absent-mindedly bumped his forehead on the door frame. "Ouch!"

 

"Oh right! Please watch you head..."

*bang* *thud*

"...and your step."

 

Kai-nim tripped on the doorway while he was watching out for the low ceiling.

"Are you alright?" I rushed to their side. "Uhmm, I think it'll be better for you to just wait for me outside. Sorry." They just nodded and got out.

 

I turned around and looked at my apartment. It's whole size was just about half of the room given to me in my masters' house.

 

"Okay, time to pack up!"

Although I said pack up, my things could actually fit in one knapsack. I grabbed my clothes; five shirts, two jeans, my only pajamas, a pair of shorts, and... the rental uniform from one of my part-time jobs.

 

I grabbed my secret money stash, and of course...

 

I lifted up a loose floorboard and found the thing that I was looking for. I smiled and opened up the small square box that contained my most precious possession. I decided to wear it, now that I won't be living in a shady place anymore. I fiddled with it with my fingers and stared at the engravings in the inside part.

 

'I wonder...'

 

I slid it on my finger. I smiled when I realized how it fit so perfectly now.

 

‘Oops, I can’t wear it like this.’

 

I combined it with it's silver chain and let the familiar smooth, cold, metal settle on my chest. I smiled when I felt the nostalgic warmth and feeling of safety it brought me.

 

CHAPTER END

 



 

Author Note:

Hi. Me again.

Uhhh...

Thanks again for reading. ^w^;

(Yeah, I can't think of anything to say right now. I'll probably edit this later though. Okay, maybe not.)