I met an angel and got chased by a tree.

From Where We Came From...

 

                                                                                   


 

A warm light was surrounding me and it felt like I was floating.

 

'Heaven? So I died huh?'

'Hmmm. I feel so comfortable...'

 

I opened my eyes lazily. Curious of what heaven looked like. Instead of heaven, I was surprised by the bright smile that was just inches before my face.

'Argh! Too bright!' I blinked.

 

"An angel?” I mumbled as I squinted. Then I stared at the angel and his glorious beauty. He was glowing with a gentle white light.

"Haha! No. Sorry, but I'm not an angel." His twinkling voice reached my ears as his beaming smile and deep dimples reached my heart.

'My heart? Wait... what?'

 

My eyes widened as I slowly became aware of the arms behind my knees and behind my back.

 

"Gyaaa!"

I instantly struggled from the arms of the stranger.

 

*thud*

 "Ooof!"

"Oh sorry! It's just that you suddenly..." The stranger approached me with a worried face. Then he offered his hand. “Are you okay now?"

"I-I-i'm o-o-okay."  I stuttered magnificently.

"Oh no!!! Mister is brokeeeennn!! Waaah!!" The little girl kept crying.

'Hey! I am not broken! I'm just not used to seeing angels! *cough* I meant strangers...

*ahem* "I mean I'm okay. Thanks for asking... uhmmm.... what happened again?"

'Wait aren't I missing something important? I jumped from a tree, broke who knows how many bones, bled to death, wait...'

"Waaah! Mister!!!" The little girl suddenly tackled me.

'Ouch.'

"I'm okay..." I comforted the little girl. Then I faced the stranger. "Thank you uhhh..."

"Lay." He smiled while offering his hand for a handshake.

"Sam." I did the same.  "So what happened? And am I hallucinating?"

 

I finally noticed the loud non-human roars and noticed the jumping, cart-wheeling, spinning-in-the-air, kicking and punching human(?) that was seemingly fighting a huge tree.

The human(?) that just planted a round house kick on the tree slightly glanced at our direction and disappeared...

 

"Yo. You okay now? Let's go?"

"Gah!"  I almost planted my to the ground when I heard a voice coming from behind me.

"You don't have to be that scared." He pouted.

"Wha- but you? Wha-?" I again stuttered while I pointed back and forth to the place where the tree is and the man before me now.

"Hehe! I know right?" He grinned at me, looking quite pleased with my reaction.

I just stood there, my mind buffering on what was happening.

"Whoops. It's uprooting itself... Ruuuunnnnn!!!"

 

On that note, I felt myself being dragged by my arm. I looked at Lay and the little girl and saw that they were now on the run too.

 



Present time.

"Kyahahahahaha!" The tree-fighting man still kept on laughing like a little girl.

"It's gaining on us!!! What are we going to do now?!" I yelled in one breath while still running for my little life.

"Hahaha! No way! It's really slow y'know"

 

I looked back. The tree indeed seemed like it was running in slow motion, but its strides were at least ten times ours.

 

"It's catching uuuuppp!" I panicked.

"So? What's your name? I'm Tao!" He ran leisurely. He even had both his hands at the back of his head.

"SAaaammm!!!"

"So  ‘SAaaammm!!!' what were you doing in the woods?"

"Can't...*huff* We... *huff* chat...*huff* later... *huff*" I panted. I was starting to get tired.

Those two were actually running so calmly, it was getting ridiculous.

"Oh right. Haha, sorry. Playtime's over." He then abruptly stopped and waved his hand.

 

The thundering noise from the steps of the tree stopped.

 

I skidded to a halt, looked back, and was once again, dumbfounded.

 

CHAPTER END.

 



 

 Author note:

They're here!!!! Kyaaaaa~~!  Ahahaha!

*ahem*

Thanks for reading. ^^ See you in the next chapter!