Roller coasters are unexpectedly fun.

From Where We Came From...

                                                                           



 

<FAILED.>

 

The red colored screen filled the man with gut-wrenching disappointment.

 

"Just when it finally began to react further..."

 

His dark eyes became even darker.

 

"Them again... Why are they doing this?!” He slammed the table. “Could it be... on purpose... "

 

The earth rumbled as the man clenched his fist.

 

"I need to get back... no matter what."

 

He turned his eyes back to the screen, his black eyes void of any emotion.

 

"First... I need to get rid of them..."

 



7 o’ clock in the morning.

"Uhmmm...are you sure that this is alright?"

I looked back to the eerily quiet house with my bag at hand.

 

"It's okay! It’s okay! Relax! Besides, I brought a Kai!"

"Guys shush! Suho-hyung will wake up!"

"Tao! Faster! I can't believe how slow you are. Are you doing that on purpose?"

 

"Now Kai!"

The seven of us was instantly transported into the van complete with all our bags.

 

"Woohoo! Lotte world here we come!"

 

Earlier in the morning, Sehun woke me up from sleeping and just hurried me to wash up and pack up the things for when I go out. I thought that it was again a mission that we were going to at first, but it turned out that we were just going to go and play. I didn’t understand why they specifically wanted me to come though, and why Kai didn’t just teleport us directly to the amusement park.

 

And so, with my questions drowned out by the boys’ laughter and chatter, we drove to Lotte world with Chen behind the wheel.

 

Even with the unusually high-strung tension of the people in the car, after a while on the road, I didn't notice that I had fallen asleep.

 



 

*rumble* *rumble*

 

"Kyaaaa!"

 

"Earthquake!"

 

 

 

"Kyaaaaaaaaaa! Help!!! My baby is-!”

 

"NOOOOO! My baby!!!"

 



 

*gasp*

 

*pant* *pant*

 

"Sam! Hey, are you okay? You looked like you were having a nightmare." I woke up with six, worried pairs of eyes, looking at me. 

 

"I..."

 

'Huh? I can't remember...' I tried to remember my dream. I couldn't remember the contents, but I was sure it was something important.

 

"It's nothing. I-i'm fine."

 

"You sure?" Chanyeol asked worriedly as he patted my head.

 

I nodded. This seemed to finally assure the others that it was just the occasional nightmare that everybody has.

 

"Guys, we're here." Chen announced, looking at me like he wanted to cheer me up.

 

But, hearing the news that we were finally at our destination,

I didn't know why... but a sense of dread twisted the pit of my stomach.

 



I tried to get rid of the uneasy feeling by hyping myself up. It was my first time in an amusement park after all.

 

Luckily, everything I saw did amuse me, so forgetting the uneasiness and just enjoying myself was really easy.

 

"Wow!!!" My eyes sparkled in delight.

“Awesome, right?” Chanyeol grinned. “Knock yourself out. Not literally of course…” He looked at me like I was in danger of falling on my face. “Oh and… consider this as our welcoming gift to you.”

 

"Ooooooh!!! Let's ride that!!!" Sehun yelled.

 

I looked up to where Sehun was pointing and saw a roller coaster that at least six stories tall, with three loops in it.

'Woooooow!!! I want to ride it!!'

I looked to the others excitedly together with Sehun.  

 

"Uhm. I'll pass."

 

"No way."

 

"I'm gonna throw up."

 

"I don't wanna."

 

"Awwww? I wanna go! Come on it'll be fun!!!" Sehun whined. When he saw that the others weren't budging, he turned to look at me with hopeful eyes. But he instantly brightened up  when he saw my face. “Yeah! See? Sam understands. Let’s go Sam! Let’s leave these old men.”

"Okay!" I said enthusiastically

 

"Come on!" Sehun said excitedly as he grabbed my wrist.

 

"Wait! I changed my mind. I’m coming too!" Chen exclaimed.

 

"Me too!" Baekyeol said at the same time.

 

"Huh? What's going on? Okay I'll come too." Kai.

 

"Nooo don't leave me... ... ... I'll come too..." And, finally Tao also gave in. 

 

In the end, Sehun and I, ran excitedly like kids to the place where the line to the roller coaster starts. Of course, the others immediately followed us, albeit with less enthusiasm.



10 minutes later

 

"Ugh..." A few of the boys felt a bit sick after riding the extreme roller coaster.

 

"That was fun! Hahaha!" Despite the suffering the others were going through, I felt giddy because of the ride and the adrenaline rush that it caused. "Where, next?"

 

"Come on Sam! Let's ride that one next!" Sehun also looked like he would start skipping to the rides.

 

"Okay!"

 

In the middle of our journey in Lotte world, I realized that everywhere we go, girls and boys alike kept glancing towards our group. Some even go as far as taking candid photos of the guys. The good thing about their absurd star-like presence was that the time we spent lined up for an attraction was at least halved.

 

‘Woah, going with them to an amusement park is super convenient. It’s like I’m with VIPs.’

 

The first few hours of our stay in Lotte world consisted of me, Sehun and Kai riding thrill rides while the others visited booths (mostly buying and eating lots of food) and rode other not-so-scary rides.

In this way, we were split up in two groups for a while. We just promised to meet up a bit later so that we could eat together.

 

Just before two o’ clock, our group arrived at the meeting place first so we ended up waiting for the others.  

 

While waiting, I was staring at the nearby huge wall clock in boredom, counting the seconds.

 

But when the clock struck two... panic suddenly washed over me. 

 

'Oh no, we have to get out of here.'

 

I grabbed the arms of Sehun and Kai and pulled them away.

 

*rumbles*

 

Almost immediately, the earth shook and a rift appeared on the floor where we stood earlier.

 

The earthquakes continued and the crowd was panicking.

 

<Please proceed to the open grounds. Those that are on the attractions, please stay calm. We will get you down as soon as possible. Please stay calm.>

 

When I heard the announcement, my head started to throb.

 

'I've… seen this before.'

 

"Kyaaaaaaaaaa! Help!!! My baby is-!" A familiar scream snapped me awake.

 

My eyes darted to the Ferris wheel.

 

"Kai!” I yelled in urgency. "Teleport me to the baby!"

The two looked at me with confused faces at first but then they followed the trail of my eyes.

 

A woman was hanging on the side of a carriage of the Ferris wheel and she was holding on a cloth were a baby was wrapped in. The baby was slipping from the cloth by the second.

 

I stared at the baby…  aware of what was going to happen next...

 

It fell.

 

"NOOOOO! My baby!!!"

 

"NOW!" I yelled.

 

I felt myself being teleported to the baby.

 

'Whew. As expected of Kai. Just near enough.' The relief I felt after getting hold of the baby immediately disappeared when I saw the pavement getting nearer at full speed. I surrounded the baby with my whole body and braced myself for impact.

 

At that moment, everything stopped.

 

It felt so weird. It felt like time stopped, well it did literally stop, but it was weird because I was still conscious of everything that was happening.

 

Only one man was capable of moving through the frozen time.

 

"Sam, you… You really have a habit of falling from high places don't you?" He grinned as he looked up.

 

Tao waved his hand and time flowed again. I landed perfectly onto his arms.

 

"SAM!!" I noticed that everyone was already there and that the earthquakes had stopped.

 

"Uwahhhhh!!! Uwaaaahhh!!!" The baby started crying in my arms. It's a bit amusing how it only cried now that it was safe and sound.

 

Tao let me down and others rushed to my side.

 

"Aigoo!" Chanyeol poked my forehead. "Why did you do that?"

 

"But the baby..."

 

"Kai could have done it." Chen pointed out, his tone almost accusing. The others also looked at Kai questioningly.

 

"I-i..." Kai looked like he was utterly confused. "Hyung's right. I don't know why I sent her instead of myself... I'm sorry Sam..."

 

"No! It's okay. I asked him to do it. He must’ve done it instinctively. It’s just that, I knew that the baby would fall and..." I stopped talking midway.

 

'I...knew...?'

 

My heart raced and the surroundings darkened.

 

‘What? I…’

 

"Sam? Are you okay?" Baekhyun's hand waved in front of my face.

 

"I-i'm..." My hand instinctively flew to my chest, clutching the ring through my shirt. The dreams I saw earlier flashed through my eyes. It was more vivid than ever.

 

"Who's there?!" Chen startled me with his sudden yell. All of us looked at the place where he was looking.

 

The silhouette of a man was at the forest outside the park. He slowly raised his arm, and a crack on the ground s from the forest towards us at a fast pace, the opening in the ground swallowed all that was in its way.

 

Baekhyun shot light towards the him. The attack was calmly dodged in an instant.

Tao subsequently brought out his pike and sprinted towards the forest. But just as Tao was just a few meters away, the ground shook. Surprised by the sudden earthquake, he struggled to keep his footing.

Then, the violent shaking stopped... And the man who was seemingly attacking us just a moment ago, disappeared along with it.

 

CHAPTER END

 



Author note: 

Yo! Haha, sorry if I wasn't able to update for more than a week...

Well you know, cause things happened, and my inpiration was dampened quite a bit.

If you're reading this story, chances are you know what I'm talking about.

So yeah. Anyway. Thanks for reading! ^w^

PS: HE'S HERE!!!! O.O