Introductions. Me.

From Where We Came From...

                                                                                                                       



 

"So introduce yourself."

 

It was now my turn to answer their questions. I was nervous because it felt like school all over again.

"Uhmmm. My name is Sam."

"Hi Sam!" They all said in chorus.

 

A barrage of questions came forth.

 

"How old are you?"The avatar asked.

"I'm around 18 years old." Then I mumbled, "I think…"

 

"Why were you at the forest climbing the tree?" Lay asked.

"Well, I was going home for work when I heard a girl crying from above the tree. So yeah..."

 

"From work? What about school?" The eldest asked concernedly.

"Oh. It's because I dropped out of school because I can't afford it. I'm an orphan, see? The orphanage doesn't support children at an age of around 15 or so. So I work to make a living now. It's a bit hard since the economy is really bad nowadays. They all require a high-school graduate at the minimum." I said.

"But I am saving money so that I may go to school one day."

 

They looked a bit hesitant because of the 'gloomy' topic, but Kris broke the silence.

"So that's why you’re not sure of your age?"

"Uh… Yeah. When I arrived at the orphanage, the just estimated my age by the way I looked. Actually, I can't really remember how it happened." I said matter-of-factly.

"Ohhhh..." they said.

 

Silence hung around the air again.

 

"Sooo, anymore questions?" I asked.

"Me!" Chen said as he raised his hand. "Why are you dressed up as a boy?"

 

I saw all the eyes in the room shift between me and Chen repeatedly.

 

I looked at the window and saw the reflection. The person that looked back did indeed look like a boy. With my baggy hoodie, cargo pants, short messy hair, plus my face that was smudged with mud and something that looked like dried blood.

'Gosh, I look horrible. I didn't notice. And they didn't even tell me... oh well, no harm done.' I shrugged.

 

"Oh that..." I proceeded with my reply. "Well, I told you earlier that people usually don't accept undergraduates right? So I had no choice, my jobs are mainly the labor type... and the reason I dress up like this, although I don't usually look this messy, is because they reject me.”

 

I began ranting again.

“They always say 'No girls allowed!' or 'You're too skinny!' or 'Your puny arms will break!'" I said while imitating the voices.

"But I had to make a living right??? Where do they expect will I get money for food!?" I cried.

 

The room was again, silent. They were trying to calm their shocked faces.

“Ahem! I’m sorry… I got too worked up.” I felt my face become hot due to embarrassment.

 

"...No way!" Tao shouted. "But we kept calling you 'him' and 'guy' and 'man'! Why didn't you correct us earlier?"

"And your name is Sam!" Bacon added.

 

"Well, ‘Samantha’ feels a bit girly for me." And then I answered Tao. "It’s just that l I got used to being treated like a guy. I work at my jobs as a guy after all."

 

"Hey! Don't be rude. We're so sorry for mistaking you as a boy." Suho said.

 

"It's fine. Haha. So, anymore questions?"

 

"Wait. How did Chen know?" Kai asked. He still looked sleepy and it was the first time he spoke since introducing himself.

'Was he sleeping all throughout the conversation?'

All eyes shifted to Chen, waiting for his answer. He just grinned and gestured a hug in reply. I blinked.

 

"Oh! So that's why Sam seemed to be too skinny for a guy. She's even skinnier than Chen!" Lay pointed out remembering the time that he held you.

 

"Oh~~~!" All of them had a moment of realization, while Chen pouted.

 

"Anyway... now that you all know the answer to that, next question please."

"..." All of them were silent, waiting for others to raise a question.

 

They all looked at Suho and nodded at each other like they've reached a conclusion.

"Actually after all the clarifications and other official business, we have an offer to make. After hearing your circumstances, we would like to offer you a job. We've been looking for someone willing to take on this job for a while now. But, we can't exactly just act well... normal, all the time.  So since you already know about us..." He explained.

 

"Yes?" When I heard the word 'job' my interest was instantly peaked.

 

'Money!'

 

"But, well... it might be a bit... inappropriate, seeing that you are a girl, so..." Suho looked hesitantly at me.

 

 “I am willing! I volunteer! To tell you honestly, two of my part-time jobs have been getting suspicious of my actual identity! And three of them are taking advantage of the fact I'm underage, and they've been cutting my pay!!! Even though they already pay so little in the first place!” I sobbed.

 

‘I need to live too you know! I need money! I don't want to live in the streets! TT TT’ I thought inwardly.

 

“Throughout my life I've had a total of 52 jobs! So I've experienced and learned everything ranging from sewing buttons on dolls to operating a wrecking ball machine! I even have experience as a bodyguard!!! I'm also a really fast learner!" I almost begged Suho while I held his hand. Tears bordered the corner of my eyes when I realized how hungry I was. "I.NEED. THE. JOB."

 

They all looked startled by what you said.

 

"Uh. Seeing you being that enthusiastic, I guess what I've been worrying about would be nothing to you eh?" Suho chuckled.

 

CHAPTER END.

 



Author Note:

Here's your 'TOO-CONVENIENT-INTRODUCTIONS-CHAPTER' part 2!!! Yay!

This is up in W_ _ _ p _ _ btw. Just to let you know.

Oh thanks for the first comment Nadrisa-ssi. ^^ I really appreciate that finally I'm not just talking to myself. Haha.

(I love you... (^3^) Mwaaah! )

(Don't leave me! I swear I'm not clingy or anything...  ...  ...  Love me! O^O)

Haha, joking aside. Thanks!

(Now you... yes, you... There's a little thing called comment box below. Use it. Please? )

As always... Thanks for reading yorubeun~~! ^w^