Introductions. Them.

From Where We Came From...

                                                                                     



 

"Good. So starting from the eldest... Xiumin-hyung?"

 

"Annyeong. I'm Xiumin."

 'What? He's the eldest?'

 

"Luhan." The headphones guy said. He seemed a bit too interested in his phone but he actually kept glancing at my direction.

 

 "I'm Kris." The demigod said.

 

 "I am Suho." The leader said with a slight bow.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Lay! We've already met in the forest. Your name is Sam right?" Lay bowed deeply and then smiled at me.

'Oh right. He's the angel.'

"Ah, Ne." I replied to his question.

 

"Okay next!" Suho reminded.

 

"Hi~! My name is Baekhyun." The bright looking guy said as he waved.

 

“I’m Chen. Hi~! I was just kidding with you earlier. Haha. Nice to meet you!" The one who kept threatening me earlier looked friendly enough.

 

"I'm Chanyeol!" The other tall guy grinned a toothy smile.

 

"You know me already right?" The next one asked. He was one of the guys from the forest. The kung-fu guy with the scary looking eyes.

'Tao... right?'

"Tao?" I said hesitantly.

"Right!" He beamed, looking quite pleased.

 

"Kai..." The next one lazily said.

'Ooh! It's the disappear/appear and also the half- guy earlier. He looks a bit sleepy.'  I remembered his look earlier and I felt my ears become a little hot.

 

"And I'm..."

The last one approached me with a serious look in his eyes. I unconsciously took a step backward.

 

"...the Avatar." He said as he made a ball of air out of thin... well... air.

 

Boisterous laughter immediately followed the introduction of the last one, while I was dumbfounded.

'Do all of them possess powers?' I wondered. It felt a bit weird when I realized how calm I was about it. Well I did already get the panic out of my system by screaming a lot earlier.

 

"Nice one Sehun!" Bacon(?) said.

"No you're not! You can only do air bending! Not anything else!" Chen(?) pointed out as he laughed.

"No! Katara will help me master all four elements! Right, Katara? You believe in me right?" The avatar went to Suho(?) and hugged him looking like he was holding in his laughter. He was referring to him as Katara.

"Why am I Katara?" Suho looked confused.

"Ya! Hyung!" The avatar pouted because Suho didn't join in on the joke.

 

Suddenly Chan-(?) approached him and said proudly. "I'm am prince Zuko! I'm looking for the avatar! Are you the avatar? I will burn you down!" Flames materialized on his palm.

"Ya! Can fire benders do that?" The avatar questioned.

"Of course, babo!(idiot!) Prepare!" Zuko yelled.

 

Then they proceeded into a frenzy of fire versus air. They were both, along with some others, laughing like little kids.

 

"Me too! I want to join!" Bacon(?) and Chen(?) said simultaneously.

 

The four continued with the rumble while the others watched with an amused expression. I also felt the corners of my mouth being tugged into a smile.

 

Until...

 

"Fire!!!" I yelled. The sofa was on fire.

 

The guys paused and looked at the sofa.

 

"Fire! Suho-hyung help!" Zuko looked panicked.

"Hey Zuko! We're not done yet!" The avatar yelled then immediately sent out a gust of wind, unfortunately, towards the sofa. This made the flames bigger.

"Gyaaa!" Zuko yelled as he ran away.

 

"Okay kids. Playtime's over. Suho will you please?" The headphones guy, Lu—(?), said calmly with his arms crossed in front of his chest. My eyes slightly widened up again when I saw the four 'kids' floating. They were being held like kittens at the back of their shirt by an invisible force.

 

Suho approached the fire and put it out. He produced water from his palm similar to what Zuko did with his fire. The fire was instantly extinguished.

 

"Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen. You WILL clean this up later... Arasseo? (Understand?)" Suho said sternly. The four tried to protest but they just nodded quietly in the end.

 

Then Suho laid his eyes on me. "Shall we continue? Ask away." He smiled.

 

The 11 pairs of eyes that was on me made me nervous…

So I stupidly blurted out the first thing on my mind.

 

"Why are you all so good-looking?"

 

"Pfft!"

 

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA! See? I told you he was amusing!" Tao laughed while the others were snickering and holding back their laughter. Some others were just quietly wondering about something.

 

My face felt like it was burning because of embarrassment.

 

I felt an arm prop onto my shoulders. "This guy here is a good man." Kris(?) said as he pointed at me.

 

"Ahem." Suho cleared his throat. "Umm, well, thank you. We're flattered. Anything else?"

 

I cleared my throat and went on with asking the relevant questions

"Who are you exactly? Why do you, I'm assuming that all of you have them… have powers?"

 

"Me! I'll answer!" Zuko...Chan(?) volunteered.

"*ehem* We are Exo. We are a group of extraterrestrial beings.” He wiggled his fingers at me. “Exo is our group name. Cool right? I invented it. And-"

 

"You mean you guys are aliens?" I questioned.

 

"Kurocchi! (That's right!)" He snapped is fingers. "But don't call us aliens, it makes me imagine myself as a green-blobby-black-eyed thingy...Ugh." He shivered slightly.

"Maybe you can call us 'out-of-this-world' or ‘extraordinary’ or something." He smirked.

"Anyway,” He continued. “Yeah. We are from another world. And for us, it is natural to have some kind of power or two. We were born with it. Controlling it is another matter though... Hmmm. I think that's about it."

 

"Oh... then, why are you here? What are you doing here? What's up with the tree monster?"

 

"Well... actually," Bacon said. "The monsters have been around since 10 years ago. We only know that they came from the same planet as us. Somehow, they came with us like a bonus item. But back in our planet, they were just like any normal wild creatures. They would mind their own business and wouldn't attack anyone, unless they were aggravated first." He pondered. "But when they arrived here... they started becoming aggressive. That's why we stop them before they even get close to the civilians. Like what Tao and Lay did." I glanced at them. "But in this case, we were notified a bit late because the appearance of the monster is similar to a local species here on earth. Sorry 'bout that."

 

'Right. It looked like a tree.'

I nodded and waited for him to continue.

 

"And to answer your former question, we don't know why we're here either." He said. "We just suddenly woke up here in this world. All of us found out that fragments of our memories were missing. We don't remember the reason. Then, after that, since it turned out that we brought the 'monsters' with us, we felt responsible. So for now, we try our best to keep the monsters at bay, and hopefully, in secret. There have been many close calls but, luckily nothing has been damaged too much..." I saw him glance meaningfully at me. "We are also doing our research how... you know... how we got here, what our purpose is, and…how to go back…"

 

I noticed when I glanced at the others that they looked somewhat sad.

 

I remembered the words of the little girl earlier…

 

"Okay. I get it. So basically, you've been secretly protecting the people from harm right? Like heroes..." I nodded understandingly. They all looked at me like I was speaking nonsense.

 

I took a step backward and bowed at a perfect 90 degrees. "On behalf of the human race... Thank you very much for your hard work!"

 

"... … …"

 

'Hey! My back is aching already you know! Say something!' I didn't straighten up yet because they were as quiet as a corpse.

 

"B-but... Why are you thanking us? We were the ones that brought them here... plus, ten years ago the disasters… and earlier, you almost died because of us!" One said with a voice that was on the verge of cracking.

 

I looked up and looked at the one who spoke.

 

‘Uhhh... Why did the atmosphere become dramatic all of a sudden? I didn’t say anything wrong… did I?’

I hesitantly said, "Chen...chen right?” He nodded. "I am alive right now though? And I would've been dead if Tao and Lay didn’t come to my rescue..."

"Plus, even if it is true that you were the ones at fault, you did compensate for it, right? You've been working hard all these years after all. Also, it’s not like you did it on purpose…”

 

“… … …”

 

The scene looked like I was comforting little kids that were guilty because they did something wrong and was crying about it. It looked a little bit amusing considering that they all looked like perfectly grown adults.  

 

Suddenly, Chen hugged me. I was surprised but I just hugged him back and patted his head.

The others smiled a warm and gentle smile at me. Looking like a heavy burden was lifted of their shoulders.

 

*sniff*

 

'What, someone's crying?'

 

I looked at Tao on my left. He hurriedly rubbed his eyes.

"G-great speech man... ugh. There's dust in my eyes."

 

That made the others laugh and Tao red with embarrassment.

 

CHAPTER END.

 



Author Note:

Fine. I'll swallow my words and post again after ONE DAY...ONE DAY! That's the longest I can hold up. *sigh* T3T

Anyway, HERE'S THE 'A-LITTLE-TOO-CONVENIENT-INTRODUCTIONS-CHAPTER'! (part 1 >:D)

Woooh! Paksu!!!

Haha!

I know it's a little silly but, whatever! BWAHAHA!

Disclaimer: Uhhh, I used some names... of characters that aren't mine. (it's fine right? That's what fanfics are for right?^^;)  Well yeah they are not fruits of my imagination. Everyone probably know their names right? If not, haha poor you...

(Fine. Fine. It's "Avatar: The Last Airbender" written by Michael Dante DiMartino and company.)

Thanks for reading yorubeun! ^w^