4th Chapter

Match Made In Heaven
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Your daughter has definitely grown a beautiful woman Mrs. Hwang."
 

"Why thank you Mrs. Moon."


"I heard Minhwa became a doctor? Your daughter is really taking after her father."


"Indeed that is James. She has saved many lives and we are proud of her."


 

Minhwa listened as her parents and the Hwangs were chatting happily together. She felt like she was being ignored. Not that she minded at all. Her thoughts were all a huge mess at the moment. The awful plane ride still haunted her mind. There had been a crying child at the seats across the aisle from her. Once the child had calmed down, he had stared Minhwa with his big brown eyes. Minhwa could still feel his eyes staring at her soul.The kid was creepy.


 

Minhwa also wondered was this Hwang girl really that beautiful as her the doctor's Mother claimed her to be. Nobody told Minhwa anything regarding her future wife. The lack of information was scaring her and a lingering thought of running away from the room visited in her head more than it was healthy.


 

Earlier that day Minhwa arrived to Los Angeles. The first thing she noticed were the small tiny shorts on women and barely anything covering their cleavages. Not that Minhwa minded. Oh she didn't mind at all. That was all until she got whacked by her Mother. 'Don't you dare to look at other women Missy!' Her mother had said. Minhwa wasn't married yet, so there was nothing to stop her from enjoying a little, right?

 

Wrong.

 

As for a punishment, Minhwa's Father made her to clean up their whole house. From top to bottom. Her muscles still ached from reaching to tall shelves and wiping off dust. At one point she was sure she overheard her parents discussing how they were going to make the new couple get to know each other. Minhwa heard them talking about a restaurant or something. The young doctor furrowed her eyebrows, why did her parents want her to bond with that future Mrs. Moon or Mrs. Hwang so much? And why they couldn't hold this meeting back in Korea? Minhwa heard she and her future wife both had to fly all the way from South Korea to California. Weird, huh?

 

"Minnie dear. You seem troubled. Is everything alright?" Mrs. Moon asked patting her daughter's thigh.

 

"Not really, mom. I'm confused."

 

"And probably full of questions too." Mr. Hwang concluded earning a nod from Minhwa. The Hwangs seemed like nice people. She was starting to think that maybe the possibility of being paired up with a straight girl was slim.

 

"Hopefully all of your questions will be answered tonight. We are going to have a family dinner at this nice restaurant." Minhwa's Father Moon Jihoon said.

 

"I'm really tired dad. Couldn't we do it some other time?"

 

"Not a chance Minnie. Your wife has photo shoots to do the next day."

 

"So she's a model?" Minhwa tried guessing.

 

"That, and many other things." Mrs. Hwang answered proudly. Minhwa's mother Minjae looked at the watch and frowned, "When is Miyoung going to be here?" she asked.

 

"Seems like she is running late." commented James aka Mr. Hwang. Like a clockwork, the door opened and a girl wearing shorts and a loose tank top rushed inside the room. Panting, the brunette apologized. Her eyes wondered around the room until they landed on Minhwa.

 

"D-Doctor Moon?"

 

Minhwa's eyes widened when she realized who the gorgeous girl was.

 

 

 

Holy .

 

 

Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

Holy !

 

HOLY SH-

 

A slap landed on Minhwa's shoulder and the girl winced. Her own mother had landed a hard slap on her shoulder and ushered her to greet her future wife. Hesitantly and clumsily Minhwa stood up and bowed full ninety degrees on Tiffany's direction. She didn't dare to look at the idol. She was way too stunning.

 

"Miyoung-ah, do you know her?" Lisa, aka Mrs. Hwang asked her daughter as she sat next to her parents.

 

"Well...I...We..." Tiffany tried to form a proper sentence. Well actually a proper lie. She didn't want her parents to know how the two had actually met. She didn't want to worry her parent and had decided not to mention about her ER visit.

 

"Their manager had a bad headache and he was at the ER one night. Ms. Hwang had driven him at the hospital." Minhwa explained with a straight face. Tiffany smiled as a 'thank you' and seemed like the four parents had bought the lie.

 

Minhwa kept avoiding Tiffany's eyes and found the shapes covering the wooden table extremely exiting. She ran her fingers along the lines and tried to focus on how the lines curled and swirled, instead the intense staring she felt coming from Tiffany's side.

 

"How do we proceed now?" Mrs. Hwang asked, noticing Tiffany's curious stare at Minhwa.

 

"Our daughters sign the papers what we signed the day they were born." Mr. Moon said and opened a black briefcase.

 

Hold on a second. Minhwa's eyes looked at her father taking out papers from his briefcase.

 

"The day we were born. You decided this then?" Minhwa nearly whispered.

 

"Aww darling you didn't know? We signed the contract when both of you were born. You fathers made a deal with each other and then Minjae and I thought this was a wonderful idea." Mrs. Hwang explained.

Please log in to read the full chapter