8th Chapter

Match Made In Heaven
Please log in to read the full chapter

    

"I hate this." Leo commented holding his script. He and Minhwa were seated in a changing room for four doctors. Seoul Hospital got an invitation to participate on health campaign. The director decided to send Leo, Minhwa, Ken and another doctor who was specialized in healthy lifestyles.

 

"We'll get through it. You don't even have to speak much Leo. I got to talk about how to make one's heart healthier and that way prolong their life span. I also have to dissects two human hearts." Minhwa said pulling on her white lab coat. Luckily the fourth doctor, everyone called him as N, was doing most of the talking. Why was Ken, who opens up dead people for living, was called to the show? Their boss said that Leo and Ken were sent there mostly to show off that Doctors could be handsome too. The director added that the other cardiologist of the hospital didn't want to appear on TV, so that's why Minhwa was scheduled there instead. Great.

 

"There are tons of celebrities here! Did you know that KARA is here? Their dressing room is literally one door that way from ours." Ken entered the changing room gesturing wildly at the dressing room location with his hands. He was clearly excited to breathe the same air as his country's celebrities.

 

"Well what do you expect Ken? It's a talk show. Of course famous people are going to be here." Minhwa stated a matter of fact.

 

"KARA isn't the only girl group here though. Someone's wife is also here." Ken winked and nudged Minhwa playfully. Tiffany was here? How horrible was that?! Lately Minhwa's feeling for Tiffany had exploded. She felt hot near her, her heart rate was speeding like a cheetah running after a zebra and her hands got sweaty. Talk about falling in love hard. Instead of sitting in her office and thinking about if she will confess her feelings for Tiffany or be professional and ignore them until their marriage life. This was not going to be a good day. Minhwa could sense it. The cardiologist might have to show how to CPR correctly using Tiffany as the doll. Oh Lord give her strength.

 

"Aren't you going to say 'hi' to her?" Ken nudged Minhwa again who nearly fell off her chair. Quickly gaining her balance again she shook her head.

 

"She's your wife." Leo said. He was kind of excited how Minhwa was going to cope during the recording. Lately he and Ken had been listening Minhwa's rants about her stupid heart not co-operating with her brain.

 

"I know that, thank you very much. But....but I don't.....want to." Minhwa said crossing her arms. She wanted to avoid flooding questions from the other eight girls about their apartment, marriage plans and if they were going to buy tons of couple clothes and stuff. Minhwa had only one answer to those questions and it was: "I don't know." Sure Tiffany had sneakily offered to buy couple sunglasses for them and then slipping them inside of Minhwa's bag, which she did the next day.

 

"Doctors, do all of you have microphones?" one staff member peeked inside their room. Leo and Ken nodded, Minhwa did too until she noticed that they were missing a doctor.

 

"Anybody seen N?" Minhwa asked. Leo shrugged his shoulder.

 

"He's being overly social today. Trying to snatch some phone numbers and giving out his business card to everyone." Ken informed.

 

"But everyone is filming now." Minhwa said little surprised. Ken nodded and sighed, "Exactly, he's going from room to room placing his cards inside pockets and bags. Also probably bothering managers and stylists while he's at it. Sneaky hyung."

 

"What a weird guy." Minhwa mumbled before sipping her water.

 

"Alright. Just make sure he's ready in 20 minutes, because you'll be on air then." the staff member left.

 

 

 

"Welcome back to Star King!" Kang HoDong loudly announced. Minhwa didn't like him. He was loud. Want to know who else was loud?

 

 

 

Tiffany.

 

 

Tiffany was loud.

 

 

But Tiffany was cute kind of loud. Not this scary, intimidating, I'm going to rip your head off -kind of loud. But that was just Minhwa's opinion. Leo seemed to have hir poker face on like every day, Ken was smiling and laughing along the stupid jokes the MCs made.N stood beside Minhwa with a polite smile on his face. Damn that boy had a long neck. Minhwa decided to call him giraffe.

 

The four doctors stood in front of two hospital beds, plastic models of a human heart and organs. Minhwa was asked to bring two human hearts, one healthy and one not so healthy. One staff member kept the hearts in a cooler behind the scenes and he'd bring them when it was time. When Minhwa was to explain the usual heart deceased and how a cardiologist would fix them, Ken was there to tell how he easily could recognize a non-healthy heart.

 

"Indeed. Vegetables and fruits are healthy and important part of your everyday diet. For keeping your whole body healthy, food isn't going to do all that by itself..." N started explaining about healthy lifestyle and exercises. It was no surprise when her eyes started roaming around the studio. Her concentration level was close to a goldfish at the time. She noticed Tiffany smiling at her and stupidly, without thinking anything, Minhwa gave a small wave at her wife. Shyly Tiffany waved back at Minhwa with even bigger smile on her face.

 

When it came time to demonstrate how blood pressure was measured it was Minhwa's time to speak. She was clearly mistaken as a guy by the host of the show, Kang HoDong. She didn't mind to correct him as he was little scary. Sure Minhwa could have kicked his , but she didn't want to scare Tiffany and her sister-in-laws. The host asked if any of the celebrities wanted to come down the stage and let Doctor Moon to take their blood pressure.

 

Before Tiffany could volunteer, a woman's voice said loudly that she could do it. Tiffany immediately glared at the woman, but didn't recognize her as she only saw the back of her head. The red haired woman walked to the doctors and bowed politely to Minhwa. When the woman turned around Tiffany's eyes widened.

 

KARA's Park Gyuri.

 

 

She was on the stage of her innocent wife. Tiffany knew that Gyuri had a little flirt reputation among the idols and wasn't afraid to go after what she wanted. That woman was confident about her body, looks and voice. Tiffany didn't like this, not one bit. Taeyeon who sat next to the American heard the huffing sounds Tiffany made. It sounded like she was breathing out fire from her nostrils.

 

The idols watched as Minhwa explained what the machine on the table was and what she was going to do. Tiffany on the other hand didn't pay attention on her wife's speech, but was busy sending deadly glares to Gyuri. That KARA members was being overly touchy with Tiffany's wife. The way Gyuri sat on the medical medical bed and kept glancing into Minhwa's eyes with every given chance was driving Tiffany crazy. She needed to do something about this. But what could she do? She didn't want to be too obvious and get teased by the MCs. Tiffany kept shifting in her seat. She didn't know how to stop Gyuri flirting with Minhwa.

 

The God must have been on Tiffany's side that day, because one of the MC's called Tiffany up on the stage. They wanted to compare the blood pressure results among the girl group members. Tiffany stood up from her seat and without any hesitation walked over to her wife, not forgetting to glare at Gyuri. KARA's leader had a questionable look on her face when she noticed Tiffany's glare.

 

Minhwa patted the hospital bed beside her. Tiffany carefully sat on the bed, making sure her skirt's hem wasn't giving out too much of a view to anyone other than Minhwa. Tiffany smiled when she noticed Minhwa freezing for couple of seconds when Tiffany's bare thig

Please log in to read the full chapter