3rd Chapter

Match Made In Heaven
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Good morning Tiffany, how are you feeling today?" Doctor Moon entered Tiffany's private room. The idol lifted her gaze from her phone to greet the doctor.

 

 

"Good morning Doctor. I'm feeling very well." Tiffany smiled widely. She didn't mind interrupting her game of Candy Crush.

 

"Good to hear that. I can let you leave earlier than planned, since your test results are normal. Just remember to take it easy for the next couple of days. Also, I wrote a painkiller prescription for you. The instructions are inside the package." Minhwa offered the prescription paper to Tiffany who gladly accepted it.

 

"You can hang around here for this day if you want, but you need to leave before 21.00 alright?"

 

"Understood. Do I need to inform someone when I'm leaving?" Tiffany asked. She was not familiar with hospitals and their rules. Minhwa gently removed the IV fluid needle from Tiffany's hand.

 

"Just call in a nurse and let them know. They will give you all the insurance papers you need. Now this," Doctor Moon pointed at Tiffany's hand at the spot where she just pilled out the needle, "is going to have a bruise. With some patients the bruise might look bad and be big, but if that happens there is nothing to worry about. It will disappear with time."

 

Tiffany nodded understanding what the doctor meant. They fell silent for few seconds. It was not one of those comfortable silences, it was not horribly awkward either. Minhwa didn't really want to leave the room and leave the idol alone. But duty calls, "I have a surgery to do." Minhwa said and turned to walk to the door. Before she exited, she her heels.

 

"Take care of yourself and I hope we don't have to meet again. I-in a hospital, I mean. Not that I wouldn't want to meet you again, I would actually-" Minhwa's pagers beeped and interrupted her blabbering. "I got to go now." Minhwa said, bowed hastily and exited the room.

 

Tiffany giggled to herself. Her doctor really seemed sweet and honest person. If only Tiffany's parents didn't sign her up for an arranged marriage, she would have asked the doctor's phone number. She was sure of it.

 

 

”I'm done here. Stitch him up.” Minhwa spoke behind her blue surgical mask to her assisting cardiology doctor. A nurse took off a headset with glasses and a small flashlight. Minhwa proceeded to the clean up area and removed her bloody surgeon plastic gloves, her mask, the hat kind of thing from covering her hair. She changed back to her normal working attire. Blue hospital pants and a t-shirt on top of it a white doctor coat and a name tag with her picture.

 

She headed out from the surgery swing of the hospital towards the morgue underground. She bowed to her seniors and greeted some of her patients along the way. From the lobby she started following a black line which was drawn on the ground, it would lead her to the morgue. Blue line was for surgeries, green for ER, and red for children's wing.

 

She walked down two stories of stairs until she came to a security desk. The guard smiled at Minhwa and pressed a button to open an iron door to the morgue. The bodies were kept in two freezer rooms and both rooms were behind two locked doors. Minhwa walked along the hallway passed those two doors. She was heading to the autopsy room to meet her college.

 

Minhwa knocked on the glass door what was the only obstacle on her way to the autopsy room. Her male colleague turned around inside the room and waved his hand. Minhwa entered the room and closed the door behind her. She saw a body covered with white sheet lying on one of the five metal tables in the room. Her friend was writing a report with his computer.

 

”Lee Jaehwan.” Minhwa greeted and hopped onto one empty and clean metal table beside her friend. That man was surprisingly young to be a coroner. Slicing and dicing dead people was his thing. Weird and kind of disgusting, but somebody had to do it. He was a smart guy. Sometimes stupid, but smart.

 

”Moon Minhwa.” Her friend answered back.

 

”How are you doing Ken the coroner?" Jaehwan preferred people to call him Ken.

 

”Same old, same old. And you Minhwa the heart breaker?” Ken asked spinning around his chair, now noticing Minhwa laying down on the autopsy table. It was their way of greeting each other. Ken the coroner had a nice ring to it and Minhwa the heart breaker, well, it was kind of a fact. As her job, Minhwa prepared literally broken hearts, but when she kept on turning down girls asking her out on dates, she figuratively speaking broke their hearts.

 

”Unsure about everything.” Minhwa let out audible sigh as she crossed her hands behind her head. She looked at the white ceiling and the switched off bright light above her.

 

”The big boss still punishing your from the Sandwich of Doom?”

 

”Don't say it that way. You make it sound like he forced me to sleep with him. Ew, just ew Ken!” Minhwa reached out with her hand to smack Ken.

 

”Haha! Sorry, I won't do that again.” Ken laughed. The sandwich was suppose to be his, good thing the big boss ate it instead of him. Ken wasn't that good with spices. Minhwa had defended herself from Ken's anger by saying it would not have been a big deal if he ate it, because he did not have to do costumer service. Of course dead people were customers, kind of. But he didn't have to look representable in front of them, like doctors did with their living patients.

 

”In all seriousness, he surprisingly let me return back to my real job a lot quicker I thought.” Minhwa said, resuming to her previous lying position.

 

”What about your office?”

 

”Oh I got that back too. Damn I love that couch.” Minhwa said, picturing her soft brown couch in her mind. Every surgeon who had done over 80 surgeries under Seoul Hospital's roof earned an own office. Actually the doctor had to be assisting in all of those 80 surgeries. Minhwa earned hers two years ago. The purpose of the office was to meet patients before they will be submitted to the hospital and talk with them about their upcoming surgery. The office wasn't huge, but it wasn't small either. It had simple brown and green decoration, because Minhwa's mother had read somewhere that green was a calming color. A book shelf with medical books and few educational posters of human hearts.

 

”It is nice, yes. When are you going to throw that skeleton away though? I hate it.” Ken said getting shivers even thinking about that plastic human sized sk

Please log in to read the full chapter