10th chapter

Match Made In Heaven
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Two weeks. Two long and difficult weeks. That much it took for Tiffany to believe her wife-to-be was going to survive. Tiffany had stayed at the hospital many days from the start of visitation hours right till the last hours. Sometimes a nurse had to shoo the idol away from the upgraded room where Minhwa was staying.

 

It wasn't difficult to guess where Tiffany was right now. Her members knew it, her manager knew it (he didn't like Minhwa at all) and Ken&Leo knew it. Tiffany was sitting right beside Minhwa's bed. The doctor was peacefully sleeping, her eyes closed and hands resting on her stomach. Tiffany looked at Minhwa's neck, the white square plaster covered a row of black stitches underneath it. Tiffany was told not to make Minhwa laugh or feel a rollercoaster of emotions, apparently there was a danger of the vain busting open. Stitches on Minhwa's neck weren't the only ones. Rows of stitches broke the doctor's flawless skin on her leg, chest and stomach area.

 

The man who had escaped and stabbed Minhwa was captured the same day. Ken told that the prisoner tried to access an exit door where Minhwa's security levels weren't high enough. The door alarmed immediately calling over a handful of security guards in the process. He was handcuffed and taken back to the prison immediately. Obviously there were nothing else to worry about when it came to him. Except the fact that Tiffany wanted to sue him from attempted murder.

 

Of course the media was interested what happened and who was there to held as responsible. Tiffany had personally walked in the hospital director's office and explained the issue what media was going to cause. The director seemed to think it was one of Minhwa's pranks, the whole Tiffany going to be married to the doctor. After explaining and reasoning with the director, Tiffany still heard the same words. He wasn't convinced that Minhwa was going to be married to Tiffany. The idol was losing her patience. Making a quick call to Minhwa's father who then spoke to the director, seemed to settle it all. It was fun to see how the director's face turned pale when he realized Tiffany was serious.

 

Lee Soo Man was also informed by Tiffany that the media wanted answers about this incident in the hospital. Soo Man promised to do everything in his power to prevent the media from finding out the doctor's name. Sure everything seemed to go well, but big favors like Soo Man's won't come without a debt. He wanted Tiffany to upload a picture to her Instagram about celebrating her and her spouse's 3rd anniversary, as a way to introduce Minhwa to Tiffany's fans. The only issue was that Minhwa was still hooked on machines and lying on a white hospital bed. She had troubles moving because it hurt everywhere. Tiffany was lost in her thoughts. How can she take Minhwa out of this room and to a restaurant so they could take cute pictures?

 

The idol felt a gentle touch on her hand, which rested on the bed's railing. Minhwa held onto Tiffany's hand and carefully made circles with her thumb. Tiffany looked at the doctor, being surprised by the initiative skin contact by her. The doctor looked at Tiffany's hand trough sleepy eyes. The idol moved her chair closer to the bedside and observed what Minhwa was going to do.

 

"I'll be fine. Please don't worry so much." the doctor said quietly. Tiffany smiled in return and hesitantly took a hold of Minhwa's hand. The doctor didn't pull away from Tiffany's touch. She just stayed there. Tiffany felt like she needed to be there, 24-7 even if Minhwa didn't want her there. Making sure everything was fine, calling for a nurse if Minhwa had any pains and just be there for her. When Tiffany looked into Minhwa's brown eyes, she could swore there was a glimpse of care and love in them. Maybe Minhwa felt the same way towards her.

 

A knock interrupted Tiffany's thoughts. Ken entered the room closing the door behind him. Immediately the pathologist noticed their hands holding each other. With a smirk Ken walked closer to them. "How are you feeling Moon? Still in pain?" Ken handed a banana milk to Minhwa. The doctor struggled to open the milk carton, which didn't go unnoticed by Tiffany. Without thinking the idol took the carton, carefully opened it and offered it back to Minhwa. The doctor was slightly stunned by this sudden helping gesture, but accepted the carton back.

 

"A lot better actually. I don't know if they gave me extra strong pain medicine now that I wouldn't feel a thing or am I just getting better." Minhwa joked before sipping the banana milk.

 

"Well, you've always been a quick one to heal so I'm betting my money on the latter." Ken said before paying attention to Tiffany, "How are you holding up?"

 

"Oh I'm fine. Nothing to worry about." Tiffany gave an assuring smile.

 

"If looking like a panda is you being fine, I don't know what to expect you feel awesome." Minhwa butted in their conversation, chuckling little on her own witty remark. Ken shook his head along with Tiffany.

 


"When can she leave? I mean can I take her out to eat? No offense, but the food here is quite terrible." Tiffany asked Ken. She thought that since Ken was also one of those white coated doctor he must knew something about that.

 


"Non taken, but I think you can take her. Since she feels a lot better. Just to make it sure I'll go ask her doctor. Hang on a second." Ken left the room leaving the couple alone.

 

"Tiffany~" Minhwa whined with a small voice. Tiffany immediately looked over. Was this aegyo she was hearing? This heartthrob doctor just used aegyo to her? The doctor must be high on pain killers.  And boy was the aegyo effective, because Tiffany felt a blush rising to her cheeks as she playfully whined back at the doctor: "Minhwa~"

 

"I got to pee," Minhwa said, now seriously: "Help me."

 

This made Tiffany's brain freeze. Never before had there been a need for Minhwa to do that. Not when Tiffany was visiting her. The idol didn't know how to react. Was she suppose to help Minhwa inside the bathroom?

 

Oh God.. Just the though made Tiffany's cheeks redden even more.

 

"Don't be a now Hwang. Just help me up and support me while I walk there. I can manage myself inside very well." Minhwa said, realizing what might have crossed Tiffany's mind. She too had been in that situation few times, but she had to go inside the bathroom.

 

Tiffany slightly shook her head as she prepared to help Minhwa to stand up. Earlier she was at a sitting position on the bed. Carefully she supported the doctor from the waist. The idol felt Minhwa's arm resting around her shoulders, looking for support. Tiffany started slowly taking small steps towards the bathroom making sure to hold onto the doctor tightly. The hospital gown was only held together by few strings on Minhwa's backside, which made it easier for Tiffany to feel doctor's smooth skin, muscles and the spine on the doctor's back. The idol tried not to give that too much of thought, but it was hard.

 

After assisting Minhwa to the bathroom, Tiffany returned to her chair with still pink cheeks. She taped her cheeks with her pals trying to make the color go away. Just then Ken returned to the room. "You can take her out, but a doctor should be with you just in case. She needs to come back here for the night though."

 

"So who's coming with us then?" Tiffany asked.

 

"If it's cool with you, I can come." Ken suggested. Tiffany hummed approvingly. The bathroom door opened and Minhwa slowly stepped out.

 

"Hey Moon, your wifey is here to take you out. What do you want to wear? I'll drive to your apartment and get you some clothes." Ken said jabbing a finger towards Tiffany. The idol was blinking rapidly at Ken's way of referring to her. Wifey. It sounded kind of sweet.

 

Ken took the wheel while Tiffany and Minhwa were seated at the back seat. After a little arguing of what Minhwa should wear, the arguing happened between Ken and Minhwa, they settled with a simple leather jacket, jeans and a nice . Nothing special. Tiffany had on a comfy knit garment and jeans. After another argument of whether Ken should come with them or stay in the car, they (once again Ken and Minhwa) settled to a solution which satisfied both of them. The pathologist was to wait in the car, but only if Tiffany swore that she'll call the moment something goes wrong, aka the stitches start to bleed. Tiffany had fun time watching the two doctors arguing back and fort. It reminded her of the scene when Minhwa stood on a kitchen counter with paper rolls in her hands and Ken with a broom.

 

Next problem was their dining place. Because Tiffany didn't wear any disguises, she was bound to be recognized. They pondered between an idol friendly restaurant or just swing it at a public ramen noodle restaurant. Due to Ken being over social personality, he knew a guy. Who apparently had a sweet restaurant.

Please log in to read the full chapter