9th Chapter

Match Made In Heaven
Please log in to read the full chapter

  

 

 

"Just relax~ Everything will be fine," Tiffany's sweet voice came through Minhwa's cell phone. The doctor was not feeling well. Since the latest episode of Star King Tiffany's marriage had been a huge scandal. The papers wrote about it, the fans tweeted and wrote about it and SM announced the official announcement of the engagement and marriage. Tiffany had told Minhwa that there were many reporters asking for an interview from her and from her future spouse. Minhwa was very reluctant to do any interviews since she had no training in how to answer properly. She was sure this scandal was going to blow up even worse when press would find out that Tiffany was marrying a girl.

 

"I can't okay. I just can't. Everyone here is talking about the articles and asking questions. I'm panicking every time they ask my opinion!" Minhwa explained in a hushed voice as she was in a line at the hospital's cafeteria. It was her lunch hour, or more likely her 30 minutes lunch time.


"This is really strange for me too. There have been more people following me around and stalking by movements. I think they really want to find out who you are."

 

"Please be safe, will you? Should I ask for more security for you?" Minhwa was concerned. Those words kind of slipped from . She wasn't suppose to say that latter part.

 

Tiffany on the other side of the line was smiling. She was happy that Minhwa cared about her. The doctor had sounded very sincere while she said that. Tiffany covered her wide smile with her hand, before answering back, "Oh don't worry I'll be fine."

 

The line was silent for a moment.

 

"Good." Minhwa answered. She had buried her face into her palm. She was embarrassed. Why'd she let it slip out like that? Quickly! Change the subject!

 

"Uhm.. Your manager oppa doesn't like me, right?" Minhwa asked. Yesterday she had forgotten to take her report with her in the morning before leaving to work. Minhwa had tried calling for Tiffany hoping that the idol might be able to bring it to her since it was Tiffany's day off. The idol found the report but she had to send her manager to bring it Minhwa since Lee Soo Man wanted to talk about SNSD's comeback plans.


"Oh he's pissed!" Tiffany giggled. She was actually quite amused by her manager. Nobody had said that harshly at him ever before like Minhwa did when Tiffany was admitted to the hospital.

 

"I need to get on his good side, so he'll let you go with me more often." Minhwa mumbled lowly as she was balancing her tray in one hand and walking to a free seat next to Leo.

 

"You certainly need to. I want to spend more time with you too." Tiffany said biting her lip. She was feeling shy about confessing that to Minhwa. She really liked the older woman and felt safe around her.

 

"I'll do my best. But I really need eat now. I'll see later at home today?"

 

"Absolutely! I'll cook something for you. Bye~" Tiffany ended the call feeling all giddy inside. She loved to have phone calls with Minhwa. She would have loved to talk to her wife face to face, but their schedules didn't allow that. Rarely there was going to be time for them to be together. This marriage was going to require tons of work from both sides.

 

 

"So why is he here exactly?" Minhwa asked from her fellow doctor as she looked at the unconscious prisoner on the bed.

 

"He was involved in a fight. Tried to murder his cell mate. Minor fractures on his wrist as you can see," Minhwa's co-worker pointed to a casted wrist which was attached to the bed's side with handcuffs, "few bruises here and there." He continued.

 

"Then why am I here?" Minhwa pointed at herself. She was feeling very restless in the ward F. Ex-mental illness ward, current prison ward. There was many other places on Earth where Doctor Moon would rather be at this point. One of them was being Tiffany's pillow. The American was quite comfortable sleeping in the same bed as Minhwa. Tiffany had a tendencies of spreading her arms and legs open wide and concur the whole bed. On better nights Tiffany cuddled up on Minhwa. Oh those night were great. Even if they became sleepless night for Minhwa.

 

"It is suspected that he took some medicine which could harm his heart. Don't ask me where he got it, because the guards don't even know."

 

Minhwa nodded, now feeling unsure of her occupation choice.

 

"I need you to monitor his heart rate and make check ups every fifteen minutes, alright? The guards are having their break in an hour. but you need to keep on checking him." the Doctor explained and handed Minhwa a paper telling some information about this prisoner's medical record and why he was jailed. Minhwa was left alone inside the room. The class window to the hallway was covered by a purple curtain and the glass door was closed.

 

Minhwa sighed and fixed her white lab coat. Nervous sweat was starting run down her back. Even if she knew a thing or two (actually a lot more) about boxing and martial arts it was a different situation being in a room with a serial killer. With a serial killer who knew his way around medicine and medical appliances. He used to be a doctor. Great. A surgeon turned into a serial killer.

 

Yes.

 

That tattooed guy with a bad haircut lying on the bed was a serial killer. Minhwa remained standing at the door instead of taking a seat on the chair next to the bed. Even if that prisoner was not in his couscous state, he was still a cold blooded killer. The file said he had killed men, women and children. Some killings were more brutal than the other ones. Seemed like he liked to offer his victims something to drink.

 

Minhwa's eyes widened when she continued reading. fell open in shock.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter