1st Chapter

Match Made In Heaven
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

It was one of those most boring shifts in the entire hospital. It was the ER shift. Usually, there were things happening at a quick pace, but today and the week before it had been just dead silent. The fact that the morgue should be the place for silence and not the ER was slightly creeping Doctor Moon Minhwa out. Doctor Moon liked action and challenges. That was one of the reasons why she even wanted to become a doctor at the first place. First, studying five years to get a doctor's license then specializing to cardiology, resulted her to study some more.

 

On quiet days like this Minhwa stopped and thought, was all that studying worth this. At the ER there were always few of these nosebleed patients, deep cut on a finger or some other body part patients, an alcoholic or a drunk person having an alcohol poisoning, or maybe someone slipped and had a concussion. That had not happened in a long time. The most exciting patient for the evening shift so far, had been a kid breaking his shoulder. Then there had been some drunk man who had gotten a soju bottle smashed to his head and Minhwa needed to stitch up his forehead. Yep, her shift was totally awesome and full of excitement.

 

The Doctor leaned on the ER reception desk and tapped a ball point pen on the counter. Nurses were dashing all over the place carrying bandages, stitching equipment, vaccine shots and other stuff. Being the only doctor tonight in the ER, Minhwa was superior to all the nurses there so all she had to do was sit back and become bored out of her mind. She did some tasks if the situation required it or someone needed guidance.

 

Doctor Moon sighed. It wasn't everyday that she succeeded to piss off the director of the hospital and when she did, here she was. Taking in emergency patients at the ER of Seoul City Hospital instead of doing heart surgeries. What pissed off the director was that he bit on 'his' sandwich which Minhwa had filled with wasabi and chili paste. Okay first of all, it wasn't his sandwich, it was Minhwa's coworker's and second of all, she thought it would had been funny to see the painful expression on her coworker's face. Apparently it was not funny, or so the director had yelled at her while his mouth was burning. And third of all, if the director would not had been so rude to snatch that Sandwich of Doom for Minhwa's coworker's hand, none of this would had happened.

 

Minhwa sighed again and glanced on the clock hanging on the wall. Three more hours left before she got to leave. How on Earth was she going to pass three hours? Tapping the pen on the desk? Taking a nap in the hospital's bed or in the break room? A nap indeed sounded very nice. Minhwa noticed she was folding paper planes out of empty patient forms. Man, was she being productive now or what. Minhwa lifted her eyes off of the five planes she had made and looked at the waiting area near the reception desk. A little boy was paying close attention to her. The Doctor smiled at the boy, but he just continued to stare. Following his eyes, Minhwa noticed he was observing those paper planes on the reception desk. The Doctor picked one up and threw it gently at the boy. It flew smoothly making circles on its way, and finally landed onto his lap. He let out a cute giggle. Just as Minhwa was about to throw another plane to his direction a phone rang at the reception desk. The nurse sitting by the phone answered. Doctor Moon observed the nurse and as the phone call went on, her expression became darker.

 

"Doctor Moon, your presence is required at the ambulance area in one minute." the nurse said sternly looking at Minhwa. Doctor Moon proceeded to grab her stereoscope from the desk and started jogging to the ambulance area. There was quite a jog there. She passed many private patient rooms and busy nurses. Finally the Doctor arrived to the ambulance area, she noticed no ambulances. Meaning she arrived early. It's been raining heavily for the whole day and it didn't seem to be calming down at anytime soon. Minhwa decided to stand in the rain in order to get the first glimpse of the speeding ambulance. She lifted her face towards the dark sky and felt how the raindrops were wetting her face, hair and the doctor's white jacket. Soon the Doctor heard the siren of the ambulance and saw it turning to the area, stopping just in front of her. A male paramedic came out of the ambulance and rushed to open the back door of the car. Minhwa jogged beside him and helped him to open the door.

 

"Why was I called here?" the Doctor questioned the nurse who opened the back door.

 

"We don't know what's wrong with her!" one paramedic said in a hurry and started to take portable bed out of the ambulance. Doctor Moon noticed two black vans parking at the ambulance area and some people exiting the vehicles. She decided to ignore them, and diverted her attention to the crying brunette woman on the bed. The woman seemed to be holding onto her stomach and in severe pain. Doctor Moon asked did the paramedics give the woman on the bed any pain killers or other medicine. Minhwa needed to know that, because if they had given the woman some painkillers the Doctor couldn't possibly give her some other medicine. There were always a risk of the medicines reacting inside this woman's body and then creating even more pain to her As Minhwa was about to touch the woman on the bed, someone grabbed her wrist. The Doctor looked up to the man who had grabbed her wrist.

 

"Sir, do not touch me." Doctor Moon said to him. There were a strict policy for people not being allowed to touch any doctors for the doctors' safety. Some incidents like stabbing had happened

Please log in to read the full chapter