Ch.17

Light at the End of the Tunnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun woke to the sound of rain pounding against his bedroom window. He groaned and rolled over in bed and glanced at the clock. It was late in the morning, almost noon, but who could blame him for sleeping in so late? After all that happened yesterday…There was a knock on the door and his mother walked in with a blue apron on, which meant she had been baking all morning.

“Jonghyun, I’ve made some goodies for Taemin’s parents so I’m going to stop by and drop them off soon,” Sora told her son. She felt a great pity for The Lee’s; she couldn’t even imagine what she and her husband would be feeling had it been Jonghyun in the hospital. They were lucky he had gotten away with a few stitches.

“Is Taemin awake yet?” Jonghyun asked immediately, hoping with all his heart that the little guy would be up and waiting for them when he went to visit later. But Sora shook her head with a sad frown.

“Not yet. They’ve told us that there hasn’t been any improvement during the night. But that’s completely understandable; I wouldn’t expect him to wake up anytime soon. He’s got to let his body heal. Are you going over to see him later?” She said.

“Yeah, Onew is going to pick us up and we’re all going to see him and then stop by Minho’s for awhile,” Jonghyun informed her of his day’s plans. It was a good thing they still had three days of winter break yet…but he had the distinct feeling that not all of them would be going back to school on time.

“I’ll leave some of the cookies and brownies for you to take,” Sora said, turning to head back down the hall. Once she was gone Jonghyun closed his door and quickly got dressed before heading over to Key’s room. He knocked softly and opened it and saw Key staring out the window, already awake and dressed.

“Hey, did you sleep okay?” Jonghyun asked, walking over to his boyfriend. Key glanced up at him and shrugged.

“Not really,” He admitted softly; but Jonghyun had been expecting that. He had wanted to sleep with Key last night, but his parents told him to give Key some space. Jonghyun leaned down and pecked Key on the cheek and hugged him.

“I’m sorry, Kibum. I know that this is all really a shock and you’re probably feeling so many emotions at once…but you know I’m always here for you,” he told his boyfriend. Key nodded and leaned into Jonghyun’s hold.

“I love you Jonghyun,” Key told him, burying his face in his boyfriends shoulder. Jonghyun pulled him closer. If he could take away all the anguish Key was going through, he’d do it in an instance.

There was a car honk outside, which meant Onew was here.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter