Ch.18

Light at the End of the Tunnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key slowly walked forward in the bare white room towards the bed where Taemin was laying, still hooked up the breathing machine. He paused for a moment, but Jonghyun gently nudged him to go on so that he was standing next to Taemin. He slowly sat down on the chair and took Taemin’s hand into his own. He watched the rise in fall of Taemin’s chest, which gave him relief to know that he was breathing, even if it was helped by a machine. That was only cautionary, just until he woke up, that’s what the doctor had said last night.

“Talk to him, he’s able to hear you,” A voice said from the doorway. The two boys looked and saw the doctor enter the room and walk over to the bed, smiling at them.

“I don’t know what to say,” Key whispered. Jonghyun put his hand on Key’s shoulder comfortingly. They watched as the doctor fiddled around with the charts and checked the machine, and how he smiled widely and turned to them.

“I think it’s time to take this off,” He said, unmasking the breather from Taemin’s face.

“Does that mean he’s getting better?” Jonghyun asked hopefully.

“Well, since the swelling around his lungs has gone down he’s able to breathe a lot better. But we don’t know for sure when he’ll wake up. They say that when loved ones visit often and talk, it helps the healing process ten time faster,” The doctor told them, winking before he left the room. Key turned his attention back to Taemin, reaching over to his cheek softly. He his lips and breathed inwardly.

“Taemin, baby, I wish you would wake up soon. I really need you right now, I hate seeing you like this,” Key said softly.

“We all want you to get better, Taemin, and we’re going to visit you every day. We love you, Taemin,” Jonghyun said. Key leaned over and kissed Taemin’s cheek before standing up and following Jonghyun out the door where Jessica and Onew were waiting patiently for them.

“You guys ready to go?” Onew asked them. Jonghyun nodded and led the way down the hall. Jessica smiled softly at Key and followed Onew out.

Once, it was a silent drive back to the neighborhood. Jessica asked Onew to drop her off at home, since she didn’t want to impose on them while visiting Minho. They dropped her off before heading

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter