Ch.4

Light at the End of the Tunnel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin rolled over in bed and breathed in deeply, breathing in Minho’s sweet scent. He opened his eyes and yawned before sitting up and rubbing his eyes. Oh yeah, I slept over at Minho’s, he thought, running a hand through his wavy hair. He glanced over at the clock and saw that it was 6:30, still an hour before Minho usually woke up. Taemin wanted to lay back down and snuggle up with Minho and enjoy that extra hour, but he suddenly had a great idea. He gently pushed the covers off of his body, careful not to wake his slumbering lover, and slid off the bed and crept out of the bedroom. He heard some noise coming from the living room and stopped by to see Minho’s mother watching the news while drinking coffee. Taemin grinned and skipped over to her, wrapping his arms around her for a hug.

“Good morning, Umma~” He sang happily. Yes, he called Minho’s parents umma and appa because truthfully they were actually very close. Minho’s parents loved Taemin very much. They had been a little shocked at first, when Minho announced he had a boyfriend. Never had they though their son…but they could see how much he loved Taemin, and they quickly came to love the younger boy as well. He was a second son to him. And if Minho every hurt him, well….they would have something to say about that.

“Oh, Taemin you startled me! What are you doing up so early?” Daeyeon, Minho’s mother, said. Taemin shrugged and sat on the armrest of the couch.

“I don’t know, I just woke up. But I want to make Minho something yummy for breakfast, so can I borrow the kitchen for a little while?” He asked hopefully, giving her his cutest smile. Daeyeon froze slightly. Last time Taemin wanted to cook something…well…they ended up ordering pizza instead, and it took three hours to clean the kitchen. But that smile was so irresistible…

“O-of course you can, Taemin, go right ahead,” She finally answered.

“Yay! Thank you, umma! I’ll make you breakfast too!” Taemin exclaimed happily, jumping up and skipping into the kitchen. Daeyeon squirmed slightly when she heard a crash and a loud ‘oops’, but she turned her attention back to the television and pretended she hadn’t heard anything.

Taemin hummed happily as he grabbed a bowl and cracked a few eggs and added some milk and stirred them together. On the stove a pan was heating up with a little bit of butter melting in it. He opened the drawer to his right and pulled out a spatula and then went to the refrigerator to get the loaf of bread; he was making French toast. But as a secret ingredient he added a bit of cinnamon…okay, well maybe 1/3 of the bottle. Soon he had several pieces in the pan baking, and it smelled great. After it was all finished, he set the table for three then went to go wake up Minho. He went back to the bedroom and smiled when he saw a sleeping Minho. Crawling into the bed, he leaned over and kissed Minho softly on the lips. Minho groaned slightly in sleep and stirred, but didn’t wake up. Taemin repeated his actions twice before Minho fluttered his eyes open.

“I like waking up like this,” He whispered, pulling Taemin down for a hug.

“Waking up how?” Taemin replied teasingly, cuddling up to his boyfriend.

“You being the first thing I see when I open my eyes,” Minh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter