CHAPTER 16

Regrets

“Look here, this is you, Kyungsoo.” Said his mom as she show him his photos.

 

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Do, but could I get some rest?”

 

His mom cried and leave the room. Sehun enter the room.

 

“Who are you?” asked D.O.

 

“I’m your best friend, Sehun.”

 

“I have a best friend? And who is this Do Kyungsoo? Can you tell me about him?”

 

*He can’t remember a thing. Not even himself.* thought Sehun as he looks at D.O in disbelief.

 

“You’re Do Kyungsoo.”

 

“I am?”

 

“Yes, D.O. Well, that’s your nickname.”

 

“Who are they?”

 

“They’re your parents.”

 

“Can you tell me about him? Do Kyungsoo?”

 

“You’re him okay? Do you remember Hyojin?”

 

“Who is she?”

 

“She’s the person you love so dearly.”

 

“I loved someone?”

 

Sehun grows slightly frustrated now. “You do. And she love you so much. You really don’t remember a thing?”

 

D.O didn’t reply and Sehun walks out of the room leaving him alone. He visit Hyojin, but she’s not home. Actually, she already left to visit D.O at that time. She enter the room again. Everything is so surreal to her. She still have this one little hope that D.O would recognize her when she enter the room.

 

“D.O oppa?”

 

“Are you calling me?”

 

*This couldn’t be true.* She pull a chair to sits next to his bed. She reach out to hold his hands, but he pull it back.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked.

 

“Oppa, you still don’t remember me? I’m Hyojin. Please, try to remember.”

 

“Hyojin? Isn’t that the girl Kyungsoo loves?”

 

“You’re Kyungsoo. Look, you’re the person whom I cherish the most. I don’t want to lose you. Please, I beg you, please remember.” Her voice starts to tremble and her heart ache calling for the real D.O back.

 

 

“But I can’t. I don’t know you. Ahh!” He grab his head. “It hurts!”

 

“Oppa! Oppa!!” She runs outside. “Doctor! Doctor!”

 

 

A few minutes later

 

 

“He’s okay. He just need to rest.”

 

“Is there any chance that he might gain his memories back?”

 

“I’m afraid not.”

 

The doctor left. Hyojin stands there watching D.O. She leaves something on the table next to his bed, took one look at him and left.

 

She return home and called her parents afterward. “Omma, I have made my decision. I’m going to the states.” She send a text message to Sehun, pack her stuffs, and leave. Sehun doesn’t know about it, because his phone was out of battery at the moment. Until it’s too late, Hyojin had left already. Her heart was torn into pieces.

 

He check his phone and found the text message from Hyojin.

 

-Sehun-ah, I’m sorry. *Wait what?.... Oh no.* He runs to Hyojin’s house.

 

“Excuse me, where is Hyojin?” he asked.

 

“Oh, Ms. Hyojin had left a while ago to the states.”

 

He hurried to the airport, but it’s too late.

 

*Hyojin…. You made a mistake. He will remember, just give him time…. Come back.*

Author's Note:

Hey lovely readers!! I couldn’t believe I just broke them apart. Stay tune for more……