CHAPTER 1

Regrets

Before you starts to read, sorry, there might be some grammatical errors. Hope you don’t mind. ^^

_________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

On a sunny Wednesday morning, Hyojin was sitting on a wooden bench, enjoying her time at a beautiful park near her house. She reach into her bag for a book and drink her warm coffee. When suddenly, she felt something wet touching her ankle. She was a bit startled and realized that it’s just a cute little, brown puppy her ankle.

 

“Ahh… Kyeopta..” She patted the puppy lightly. The puppy is too mesmerizing that she doesn’t even wonder who the owner is.

 

“There you are! You’re putting me in so much trouble if I lost you again, you fluffy furball.” Hyojin look up to see a handsome, tall guy, with a babyface. *He’s charming* She thought.

 

That guy picks the dog up and decides to walk away, but turn back to Hyojin. “Umm.. sorry about the puppy, if it bothers you.”

 

“It’s okay, I don’t mind such a cute puppy. What’s his name?”

 

“Jubi, and it’s a SHE”

 

“Oh, sorry I didn’t know. Anyway, she’s adorable! Do you bring her here often?”

 

“Almost everyday. She seems to love this park, but sometimes it’s really hard to look after her.”

 

“I assume you live near this park too. Annyeonghaseyo~I’m Park Hyojin. Hope we can be friends.” She reach out her hand.

 

“Oh, I’m Do Kyungsoo. You can call me D.O, that’s my nickname. Nice to meet you.” D.O accept the handshake and smile brightly.

“I know almost everyone in this neighborhood. How come I’ve never seen you before?” He ask with a questioning look.

 

“Well, I guess you know almost everyone, but not me yet. Haha, actually, I moved here recently. It’s much more peaceful here, than in the city.”

 

“Wow, you live in the city before? How is it?” Now he’s sitting next to her.

 

“You seems interested. Well, it’s different from here. At night there are lights shining everywhere, there’s always crowd of people around even late at night. It’s like a sleepless place.” She shrug and drink her coffee. “But I like it here better, quiet and peaceful.”

 

“I’m glad you like it here. I really want to visit the city someday. I’ve never been there. I wonder what it’s like to see it with my own eyes.” He smile and stare into space.

 

“Well then, maybe I could take you there. I still need to bring some of my stuffs from my old house. What about this Friday? I can’t go tomorrow, I need to register for school here.”

 

“Really? You don’t mind if I comes?”

 

“Why not? We just become friends!”

 

“Gomaweo, Hyojin. Wait, so you go there alone? What about your parents?”

 

“They’re on a business trip abroad. I want to live here, so they agreed to move here. Now, I’m staying with Mr. and Mrs. Jang. They don’t have kids and they work for my family by taking care of the house while my parents are gone. I like them, they treat me like their own daughter. I’m an only child, so my parents can’t let me live alone.” She turn and point. “I live only a few blocks from that coffee shop over there. You see a red roof? That’s my house.”

 

D.O look at where she point. “Hey, your house is huge! You must be rich.”

 

“Aye… Don’t say that. I just want to live a normal life just like others. All my friends in my old school treated me nicely only because they want something from me not because they want to be my friends.” She stare far away. “I hope I can make real friends here.”

 

D.O look at her *She’s pretty*. “Don’t worry, you have me here.”

 

Hyojin chuckle lightly. “So where is your house?”

 

“Ahh.. You just have to walk to the end of the street over there and turn right. My house is around that corner. My parents like gardening. You’ll probably be surprise seeing my house. Flowers here and there.” D.O chuckle as he pat Jubi lightly as she starts to fall asleep.

 

“It must be pretty.” Hyojin glance at her watch. “I think I have to go now. See you on Friday!” She gather her stuffs and get up.

 

“Okay, I guess I must leave too. Bye!” They wave at each other and leave.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

Author’s Note:

 

Hey lovely readers!! There you go! The first chapter. Stick around for the whole story! XD Enjoy!