CHAPTER 10

Regrets

“Omo! Kyungsoo-ah, your friend’s here!” Mrs. Do shouted into the house. She smile at Hyojin.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo” Hyojin said.

 

“Nae~I’m glad you come.” Mrs. Do reply.

 

“Hi, Hyojin!” He turn to his mom. “Omma, Hyojin will help us planting today.”

 

“Ok, then, come inside, let’s grab some tools.” Mrs. Do walk into the house and both of them follow. They walk outside to the garden with the tools. D.O stop to water a plant.

 

“What’s that? Broccoli?” asked Hyojin.

 

D.O broke into a laugh. “Hyojin-ah, it’s a moss.” D.O chuckled to himself and shake his head from side to side.

 

“Yah! It’s just that it looks like a broccoli! See? It’s so round and kind of small just like broccoli.” Said Hyojin pointing to the moss.

 

“Ok, ok.” D.O smiled at her, but can’t seems to stop laughing to himself. *Gosh…. She’s funny. Broccoli? Tsk…tsk..*

 

 

Moments later ……

 

“Here, watch this, you need to put this into the soil carefully…” She said as she carefully place a bush of roses into the soil and cover its roots back with some soil. “There! It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” She turns to them. “You both must be hungry. Let me go prepare something for you to eat. What about some cookies and hot cocoa?” She said as she hurried off into the house.

 

“Where’s your dad?” Hyojin ask D.O still focusing on the plants.

 

“He’s in Seoul. Meeting with his business partner. When will your parents come back?”

 

“I don’t know. I called them and they said it might takes a few more days.”

 

“You must be lonely.”

 

“Not really. I have Mr. and Mrs. Jang.” She looks at D.O and back at the plants. “And you…”

 

D.O chuckle lightly and continue to dig the soil. Mrs. Do return with a tray and set it on the table. “Kids, come and eat. Let’s relax a little.”

 

Hyojin pick up her cup and sip the hot drink. “Mmm… yummy.” She put the cup down and stretch. “Ahh…. This feels good. The air is so fresh here.” D.O laugh and they continue to chat.

 

Author's Note:

Hey lovely readers! This is just an extra chapter. The idea just pops into my head. Hope you like it! :D