The Years I Yearn For You

The Years I Yearn For You

Luhan has been secretly like Sehun's friend, Kim Xiumin. At first he thought the guy look like a kid, but then he wasn't one to judge. He didn't really thought Xiumin was attractive till Luhan saw how he would looks to Sehun every time they're together. Days past by and it hit him. He wants Xiumin to look at him like that or probably more. Luhan did not do anything, however. He distance himself, and just few glances. Until Jongin about being a stalker and e. He slap Jongin that day. He wasn't also to talk. He knew Jongin would sneak in the house or Sehun's room. But didn't say anything because that would ruin Jongin's name. He just let it be. Jongin pushing him into Xiumin helps. He started to converse with the younger. He then convinced Xiumin to join soccer, and Luhan was glad. The boy was awesome and he would always feel like he was floating whenever Xiumin would ran up to him and hug him from making a goal or whenever he would caught the younger boy staring at him. 

Luhan had misunderstood those stares. It wasn't for him. He only stared because he looks like his younger brother. But Luhan didn't stop. He promised himself that he would someday make the boy only look at him. 

He knew his brother has feelings for his friend,  Jongin. And he intentionally used that feeling. He sometimes invite Jongin to distract Sehun. He knows what his doing is not right, but he can't stop. He wants Xiumin.  

Soon Xiumin and him started hangout without Sehun around. But Xiumin would always talked about Sehun. Sehun this sehun that. What about him?  Isn't he good enough? What Sehun has that he doesn't? Right. He had Xiumin's heart, without even realizing it.  

One day Sehun told him, he likes Jongin. Maybe love. He doesn't know. This made Luhan pissed. How can Sehun not see Xiumin. Xiumin is much better than Jongin. Xiumin is much more understanding and not impulsive. He did not want the latter to be hurt so he kept it from him. But Sehun doesn't keep secrets from his close friends. And Xiumin is one of his close friends.  

He expected Xiumin to be in his worst state and he was but he wasn't in denial. He understands why Sehun was attracted to Jongin. He understands why Sehun isn't his and will never be his. Because Jongin did something unlike a coward him. Jongin made a move, he didn't.  

Luhan was thinking if he should just tell him about his feelings when Xiumin decided to give up. Sehun after all never gave the hint of interest toward Xiumin. Well Sehun never was interested into anyone, until he laid his eyes on Jongin. Luhan waited till he was sure Sehun was out of the picture. He waited and waited. He and Jongin graduated and he was afraid this would distract Jongin and Sehun would go back to Xiumin. But Jongin didn't. He flirts around and back but never settled down nor sleep with them.  

Luhan visited home one day and he heard his brother talking to Jongin in the phone. What they we're talking above about sounded promising and this made Luhan even more determined about Xiumin. He started to converse with him once again especially one Xiumin got in college. He started to make his move and gave Xiumin hints. Xiumin was kinda dense but got the hint afterwards.  

However, Xiumin didn't do anything. It was understandable. The boy did not know what to do. He like or liked his younger brother and now the older brother likes him. Xiumin felt guilty so he didn't do anything or respond to Luhan.  

"I like you." Was Luhan had said to Xiumin, while they we're hangout. "I've like you since high school." Xiumin was about to say something and Luhan knows he will get rejected so he didn't give him time. "I know you like my brother. I know you don't feel the same way and that's okay." Xiumin stared at Luhan. "I will wait and do what ever I can to make you like me. I will try at least." Luhan laughs. "Kim Xiumin you are the most beautiful creature I've ever seen," Luhan breaths. "and that says a lot because I think I am the most beautiful person I've ever seen." this made Xiumin laugh. Luhan can only smile. "But I'm now second because in my eyes you're always the first."  

"Thank you." Xiumin gave him the smile Luhan fell in love with. "Sometimes I wish I've met you first," Xiumin saw a spark in Luhan's eyes. "Maybe I could have fallen for you instead of your brother." 

Both didn't say anything after that. They just stood there looking in each others eyes, trying to look for something, and both found it. 

Luhan was the first to speak. "Can I..." Luhan took a deep breath. "Can I hug you?" Xiumin nods and let Luhan slowly hug him lightly. When Xiumin hug him back he swears his beating heart was beating fast enough and he doesn't think it could beat faster than it was already was, but it did and he was glad. "Can I... Kiss you?" 

He heard Xiumin laughs. "Don't push your luck." soon both were laughing.