Beach camp

Where Love Takes A Plight

Yow! It has been a while, you .

By the way, I think I would like to make a little change in the story, I mean I will delete the POV things, do you think it's okay?

 


 

DING!

 

Sungyeol's face automatically lits up as soon as he hears the bell rang. He sprints out in full speed, waist still tied in his bright checkered apron while trying to greet his guest with best smile. Oh does he look overexcited now? Couldn't even blame him though.

 

Click.

 

The door creaks open, revealing a gorgeous man with a big grin mirroring Sungyeol's own.

 

"Myungsoo!" Sungyeol has a bright smile plastered on his face while greeting his 3-floors-beneath neighbour, literally throwing himself to hug the guy that he barely met this recent week due Myungsoo's tight schedules while helping Hoya out.

 

"Hey, Yeol." Myungsoo greets back. "Cooking dinner?" He asks as he peeks curiously inside the apartment.

 

"Yeah. Come in."

 

"Hm... smell nice. I am salivating here." Myungsoo says while stepping in, and Sungyeol laughs at his words.

 

"Need help?" Myungsoo offers while following Sungyeol to the kitchen.

 

"Nope, it's almost done anyway." Sungyeol stirs the soup in the pan, then he takes a spoonful of it and holds it out to Myungsoo who happens to stand right beside him.

 

"How is it?" Sungyeol's eyes sparkle in hope when Myungsoo takes a few minutes to savour the taste.

 

Myungsoo snaps his head toward Sungyeol and his eyes are bulging wide in process, making Sungyeol feels even more anxious than ever. Oh, he suddenly feels like being a participant in an international cooking competition as he waits for the judge to reveal the result. Damn it, his toes are even curling in anticipation now.

 

"It's the best!" Myungsoo grins like a kitten, showcasing his sweet dimple and Sungyeol sighs in relief unconciously.

 

DING!

 

Right on cue, the bell rings again.

 

Myungsoo looks confused while Sungyeol looks all smiley as he places down the dinner neatly on the round table; steaming chicken broth, buckwheat noodle, spicy kimchi soup, grilled beef meat, and side dishes.

 

"Eoh? There is another guest?" Myungsoo asks confusely, but Sungyeol only gives him a meaningful look which Myungsoo unfortunately fails to catch.

 

Completely ignoring Myungsoo's questioning look, Sungyeol makes a request, "Myungsoo, please open the door while I am setting the dinner for us here."

 

"U-uh, okay." Without knowing what's waiting for him in front of the door, Myungsoo complies.

 

And... clic-

 

"YO MYUNGYEOL!" Here they go. As soon as the door being opened, the loud voices come right out greeting them, which of course, it is no other than the lunatic couple, or so Myungsoo calls them.

 

And Myungsoo? Completely unprepared with the surprise guests, he looks taken a bit as he stares at them with 'what-are-you-doing-here' face. He has no idea at all that Sungyeol would invite his friends for the dinner. He thinks...

 

"I think it is a dinner date for only two of us." Myungsoo murmurs sadly.

 

"Huh? What?" Hoya asks blankly.

 

"It could be a double date, Myung." Dongwoo says ignorantly as he walks past him toward Sungyeol who already waits for them inside.

 

"Sorry, man. But we are invited." Hoya pats Myungsoo's shoulder lightly which is replied with a dark glare.

 

"Then you should just ignore it."

 

"Impossible! Sungyeol invited us personally, we couldn't turn him down just like that. Moreover we have promised to visit him."

 

"Screw the promise. I have been rotting for this date since a week ago. But here you are, ruining my moment." Myungsoo scoffs and walks toward the dinner table, leaving Hoya stands there dumbly.

 

"Wah! You cooked a lot!" Dongwoo looks like going to drool anytime soon if only Hoya doesn't come in time to disenchant him.

 

"Nah, it's not much but I hope it tastes fine." Sungyeol shows his gummy smile while letting the couple to take the seats across him.

 

"Why you invite them?" Myungsoo sits down beside Sungyeol while asking him the question over and over with sulky expression.

 

"Huh? What's the problem then? They are your friend, and mine too now."

 

"You could have just invite the entire people in this island, but please not THEM." With Myungsoo's sharp words, Hoya and Dongwoo give him hard glares which getting them the same response from Myungsoo.

 

"Alright guys. We should as well stop the glaring game before the foods get too cold." Sungyeol chuckles as he tries to stop the glaring fight.

 

Well, that's how they start their enjoyable dinner.

 

But it is until the midst of dinner, Sungyeol looks a bit bothered, as if he is about to say something but he's holding himself. However no one notices, everyone is too engrossed in their dinner that they don't realise his uncomfortable gesture.

 

"Ehem!" Sungyeol coughs and tries to attract their attention, and he successes, every head in the room turns at him in sync.

 

"Guys, I think I have a plan for us, but... I don't think any of you will agree to this silly plan of mine. But, I just want to hear your opinion though." Sungyeol starts nervously.

 

"What's that?" Dongwoo asks as he stuffs some grilled beef into his mouth gluttonously, Hoya only shakes his head at his lover's odd habit.

 

"Uh, I just think of... a camp in the middle of beach- but, it just a plan, and I won't force you to join in, so don't worry-"

 

"Beach? Camp?" Dongwoo frowns.

 

"AH! I think I know it. You must mean that charity event for the homeless which will be held this sunday, isn't it?" Hoya asks excitedly.

 

"Oh, that one. My father's company takes part of the event too." Myungsoo butts into the conversation.

 

"Yes. Yes. What I mean is, it will be great for us to join the charity event too, beside participating in the event, we could enjoy the fun activities there and the night sky full of stars. It would be nice, right?" Sungyeol explains.

 

"Woah. Sounds good. I am in!" Dongwoo cheers.

 

"If Dongwoo in, then me too." Hoya adds.

 

Now, everyone has agreed, except...

 

Every head in the dinning table turn to one paticular direction.

 

"What?" Myungsoo snaps.

 

"You should participate in your father's event too." Sungyeol persuades him, giving him an adorable smile.

 

Myungsoo stares at him for a good minutes before, "Looks like I have no choice..." He eyes every single habitant in the room who is still looking at him expectantly. "Fine."

 


 

"Aahh... I am so excited!" Sungyeol says cheerfully beside Myungsoo who is wheeling the car peacefully.

 

"I can see that." Myungsoo smirks and Sungyeol laughs at his response.

 

"Don't you feel excited too? You know, we'll spend the night together while enjoying the beach scenery at night. Cool, right?"

 

"Oh, so you get yourself all worked up because you are going to spend the night with me?" Myungsoo teases, with his trademark smirk attaches on his face.

 

"Hm, probably..." Sungyeol his head to the side, trying to play teasing game with Myungsoo.

 

"Probably?" Myungsoo raises his eyebrow, and Sungyeol shrugs nonchalantly.

 

As they arrive in front of Yadong's house, Myungsoo honks his car continually until the couple run out of the house hurriedly.

 

"Damn, Myung! Couldn't you be more noisy than this?" Dongwoo looks so pissed as he gets into the car while Hoya busily arranging their bags in the car trunk.

 

"Sorry about him. He is just too excited." Sungyeol apologies while pinching the laughing mess beside him.

 

"Ow. Stop it, Yeol. They deserve it. They are as slow as the molasses." Myungsoo argues.

 

"We are not, okay? You are just too early, right, Hobaby?"

 

"Huh? What?" Hoya looks confused. Of course, he is. He just gets into car but already being asked the sudden question by Dongwoo.

 

Dongwoo glares at him when Myungsoo bursts out laughing.

 

"You better drive the car now, or else I will forcefully do it for you, and believe me, all of us will end up either in hospital or cemetry." Dongwoo threats dangerously, but Myungsoo still looks like having fun laughing his off.

 

"AWHH! STOPHH!!" Myungsoo yells out when Dongwoo tries to choke him from behind, fortunately there are Sungyeol and Hoya who are quick enough to hold onto each of them.

 


 

"Everyone, we'll start our first game today which is..." The MC announces among the crowds with drum roll as the backsound, getting adrenaline and excitement pumps up in the air.

 

"Yeaps. It's a volley match." Everyone looks excited when the game is being revealed, and so do Sungyeol and Dongwoo who cheer loudly, while Hoya only keeps his cool and Myungsoo... well, he looks indifferent at all.

 

"Okay! Now we'll divide the team." The MC starts to read the participant names' one by one, which makes the Myungsoo and Dongwoo in red team and Hoya and Sungyeol in the opposite team, blue team.

 

"Alright! The rules have been explained, so here we start. GO!" The MC throws the ball in the air, both of the teams from the first inning compete to get ball.

 

"Got it!" Dongwoo screams.

 

"Dongwoo!" Hoya calls out and the latter then shares him a knowing look before he passes the ball to his bulky boyfriend.

 

Oh yeah, just so you know, they planned this all, everything, included game, team divison and penalty, they want Myungyeol to get closer, so they decided to in to their relationship. Pfftt. That's just so them being them.

 

"Yeah! Hard smash! One point for blue team." The MC shouts as Hoya shows off his competitiveness in the very beginning of the game.

 

"Great! Another point for blue team!" Hoya keeps launching his attack.

 

"One for red!" Myungsoo makes a score for his team to close the gap between two teams.

 

"Woah! Unexpected dogde. One point for blue!" But seems like Hoya is an unbeatable rival.

 

"Nice hit. One point goes to red!" O-ow, looks like furious Myungsoo won't make it any easier for the opposite team either.

 

The scores on the board keep changing as both of the teams chase after each other for the points.

 

"Well, it's draw for now, but we still have one last score, which will go to- Wow! A spectacular smash from blue team make them win 5 to 4!" The MC announces the final score loudly as both teams collapse on the white sands, all exhausted and drained out.

 

"Now. Now. The penalty for the loser. Red team will carry the winner team on the back, start from this line to the other end of the line. Go! Go!" The MC cheers as he points out the 50 meters length of the yellow line penalty, drawn just right beside the beach shore, making the red team sigh but blue one smile victoriously.

 

"Yeol-ah, come here." Myungsoo calls out breathlessly while bending down, which Sungyeol obeys happily.

 

In other hand, when Sungyeol just gets himself ready on Myungsoo's back, Hoya and Dongwoo already in the middle of the line to the other end, yeah, with so much difficulties Dongwoo manages to carry Hoya, who is way bigger than him, in his unsteady footsteps, and earned them a few good laughs from other participants too.

 

"AARGGH!!! MY BACK!"

 

"Sorry, Woo."

 

"YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD DIET, HO!"


"I've tried, okay?"

 

"HAHHH... I AM DYING!"

 

Yeah, that's how they manage to get into halfway of the penalty, with Dongwoo's random nags and screams, and Hoya who keeps saying sorry all the way, just because he feels bad for his boyfriend.

 

"HAHAH- WHAAAAA!" Sungyeol's boisterous laugh halts in the middle way, when Myungsoo lifts him up without warning, causing him almost falls backward in process.

 

"Careful, Yeol." Fortunately, Myungsoo's reflect is good, he holds Sungyeol's body steadily with both of his hands place on Sungyeol's lower back.

 

"Ups. Thanks, Myungie." Sungyeol grins ear to ear, without realising what he has just said.

 

"Wh-what?" Myungsoo stops pacing forward when he hears Sungyeol's words.

 

"I said, thanks myun- Oh my god, I am sorry. It slipped." Sungyeol covers his own mouth in shock.

 

"Nah, that's fine. Honestly I like Myungie better than Myungsoo." Myungsoo smirks as he continues his walk to the end of the line.

 

"Alright, Mm-myungie." Sungyeol calls the name hestitantly, but its only makes Myungsoo smiles wider.

 

They almost reach the end of the line, when they see Dongwoo and Hoya who have arrived first, both landing faces first on the sand. Myungsoo quickly makes his way, with Sungyeol on his back toward the faceplanted couple.

 

"What is this, huh? Body gags?" Myungsoo asks as he laughs at his fool friends, and Sungyeol who is still on his back laughs along with him.

 

"Ugh! You, ty friend. You are supposed to help, not to laugh at us!" Dongwoo who is in rage, throws the sands to Myungsoo, who quickly runs away from the scene.

 

"I'll help... later when I finish laughing." With that words being said out, Myungsoo continues his laugh, leaving Dongwoo's face steams red in anger.

 

When Hoya and Dongwoo both have get on their feets. The dinosaurs-looking man quickly hops onto the other's back, "Go! Catch them!"

 

In a blink of eyes, Hoya already up in his foot and lungs forward with Dongwoo on his back, without any struggles, unlike Dongwoo's wobble legs when he carried him.

 

"Myungie, they are right behind us." Sungyeol says, startled with the sudden appearance of Hoya and Dongwoo from their back.

 

"Caught you!" Dongwoo shouts, but Myungsoo paces his foot faster, just before Dongwoo is able to pull the strands of their hairs.

 

"Caught us? You sure?" Myungsoo mocks them.

 

"Just wait for us!" Dongwoo laughs evilly when Hoya speeds up.

 

BUMP!

 

Deliberately, Hoya rams his shoulder toward Myungsoo, causing Myungsoo stumbles to the side of the beach.

 

"Yack!" Myungsoo then bumps himself toward Hoya violently.

 

In the end, both Myungsoo and Hoya simultaneously bumping into each other, while Sungyeol and Dongwoo have their own fight too by trying to push each other down.

 

But, suddenly, Myungsoo tangles his foot with Hoya's, and...

 

BYUURR! BLAAASSHH!

 

All four them fall into the beach, all wet and weary of the previous battle.

 

"Yuck. The water got into my mouth. Salty." Myungsoo complaints, receiving laughters from the rests.

 


 

Finally the night comes, as the sun slowly rolling down from the orange-ish sky, leaving the beach view looks somehow exotic and peaceful with the pink-purplish contour conceals behind the clouds.

 

Everyone who participate on the charity event now settling down in a circle form around bondfire to enjoy their dinner while chit-chatting.

 

Sungyeol looks like having a good time with them, when suddenly his contented expression changes contrastly into the painful one.

 

"Haaahh... Hahhh..." His breathing getting heavier as he feels the pain jabs into his chest continuously.

 

But no one seems to notice the difference of his face colour which has turned pale in a matter of second, and he seems like not wanting to bother them as well.

 

He quitely gets up and makes his escape to his tend to retrieve his medcines.

 

"Aaahh... Haahhh... Uuffh..." He basically lumping all the way while holding onto his chest where the pain comes.

 

ZIIIP!

 

Sungyeol zips his tend up when he finds it, not bother to zip it down back, as he hurriedly searches for his medcines in his bag.

 

"Aaarghh... It's... Haahh.. Hurt..." He mutters to himself as he scrambles out the pills from the bottles.

 

He gulps it down in one go, before he drinks his mineral water straightaway.

 

Sungyeol lays his head down on the sleeping bag while hugging himself who is now break out in a cold sweat.

 

Slowly, his eyelids getting heavier, his breathing also slowing down, but the pain keeps lingering inside his body.