A Dinner

Where Love Takes A Plight

Yo! Happy New Year everyone! /throw conffeti/

 


 

Myungsoo's POV

 

With a sudden of pain shoots through my head, I blink my eyes open, only to be closed second later as the wave of dizziness hit me.

 

I groan a little as I take my seat.

 

I blink.

 

Once.

 

Twice.

 

Thrice.

 

When I finally have accustomed with the blinding sunlight that come from the open curtain, I crane my neck to look around.

 

Well, seems like nothing weird about my surrounding, in fact I am in my own apartment room, but I feel like something had just happened. Then, what is it? I close my eyes in order to find a piece of memory of what happening before. What I know is, I have been drunk the night before, heavily drunk. Then... I couldn't remember what happening next after that moment.

 

Ah, forget it.

 

Now, where is my phone? I search for my phone, only to find 3 missed calls, 2 messages, all from Hoya.

 

'Oh right, I went for drinks with Hoya.' A realisation get through me.

 

From : Hoya

Myungsoo, don't forget you have a photoshoot today. Get your lazy up now. I don't want you to be late!

Sent 07.13 A.M.

 

"! I forgot." I curse as I spring myself up from the fluffy bed.

 

From: Hoya

YACK! KIM MYUNGSOO! WHERE ARE YOU? YOU HAVE BEEN LATE FOR AN HOUR. YOU BETTER GET YOURSELF HERE NOW.

Sent 10.02 A.M.

 

I cringe internally with the broken-caps lock message that Hoya sent to me, but only to get myself cringe more when I look on displayed time on my phone, it's freaking 11.47 A.M.

 

Ring! Ring!

 

I am halfway to get myself into the bathroom to get ready when the uninvited and unexpected guest rings my apartment room bell.

 

"Who the hell is that?" I scream in frustration.

 

But when I almost take off all the attributes on my body, the bell rings again, this time more noisy than before. As if not enough with the disturbing sound of the bell, here comes another annoying ringtone that come from no other than my phone.

 

I almost shout out loud with the depression of all the chaos in my peaceful morning.

 

"Hello?!" I greet the people across the line with not-so-friendly tone.

 

"Yack! How dare you yell at me when you have been late for two hours?!" A bass tone come in reply.

 

"Oh my god. I'm sorry, Hoya. It's just... Ah, never mind. Gonna call you later when I have arrived."

 

"Chill, man! You don't need to be that panic. At least, you get 15 minutes more to drag your here. I have delayed the photoshoot until this afternoon for you, because I know how 'busy' you are this morning. Moreover, I am the one who ask for help, so yeah, no worry, just make sure you come in time."

 

"Oh, really? Alright. I will get ready now." I almost end the call, but Hoya cut me in time.

 

"Wait. Did Sungyeol take you home yesterday? He didn't abandon in the mid-way right?" He asks his teasing tone.

 

I frown, I don't recognise the name.

 

Gaining no answer, he starts to blabber again, "Ah, silly me. Of course, he did. If not, probably you will be yelling at me right now." I heard his rough chuckles.

 

"Huh? Sungyeol?" I ask, more to myself, although I am still connected to his line, I am sure he won't get what I am saying just now.

 

As if on cue, the bell rings again when I call that name.

 

"Alright, I will call you later. I have a guest this morning." I end the call as I walk toward my room door.

 

Without taking another glance on intercom monitor, I open the door for whoever the person that have rang the bell noisily.

 

"AHH!" Here comes, an unknown man with his cute pyjamas costumes that shriek a loud when the door is opened abruptly.

 

I scan the man as he does the same to me.

 

'He...' As if something finally clicks to me, I stare at the man wide eyed.

 

Is he the one that I see the other night? In the beach one? And in the bar one? Although the man always appear in the blinding light across me, I seem to always recognise him through that dark silhouette. I remember him, when I saw him first in the beach, he appeared so stunning in the dim light of sunset, and the second one in the bar when I looked at him with the piercing light above his figure. How come he always appear that bright in the darkness?

 

I break away from my trance of thought when he lets out a small gasp, followed with flush cheeks.

 

As I look into my own appearance, I know the reason for sure. Well, who won't show this kind of reaction, when a freaking hot man just showcases his own self in front of you. Okay, you might think I am insanely attached to my narcissi syndrome, but what's wrong to show off a bit, huh? In fact, I am right! Standing in front of this chubby man, is the half- me, presenting a toned chest, firm abs, and a skinny jeans tightly wrapped around my athletic legs, not to mention my freaking y look. If it is not a seduction, then what it is? But in this case, I don't try to seduce him, not at all. It's just my natural charm.

 

"Uh, I-I'm sorry to disturb you. But, I just want to check on you, and give you this." A stuttering soft voice that come from the cute man across me, has just awaken me from my thought.

 

"Oh, come in." I step out from the door frame to make a way for the man.

 

As soon as he steps into my apartment room, I could see the amazed looks from his face, I swear I would pinch his chubby cheeks if I don't get a hold of myself ahead.

 

Looks like a lost boy in the busy city, he takes in the view of the room that I am staying right now.

 

Designed as a classic luxury room, the floor is painted in wooden-brown colour, accompanied with the cream-coloured wall standing high surrounding it, the room itself offered, in the in-between of light golden curtains, a relaxing view of mid-autumn scenery of the beautiful jeju beach, and to accentuate the luxuries, there placed a king size bed covered with finest white and golden-tinted silk linen, a small desk with tube-like lamp post on top on each side of the bed, across it the big plasma television with speakers are located, and on the corner situated a three doors wardrobe which carved with so much detail in every tip of it that makes it looks more elegant, then to be added, a leather sofa along with coffee table are in the other side of room, not only the bedroom itself that looks impressive, even the bathroom too, which has the marble tiles on every side of it, a shower cubicle surrounded by glass flanks, a large bath tub at the other end, a chiselled sink with mirror above it, then another marvellous view of the room, the kitchen that set modernly with complete set of cooking equipments, even there is also a dining table with solid oak wood with about capacity of 5 peoples.

 

I cough a few times to take the man out from his awe.

 

"Ah! Sorry. It just, everything looks so wonderful here." The man says with a shy smile.

 

I couldn't help but to smile along.

 

"So, I guess you must be Sungyeol, right?" I start the conversation casually as I allow him to have a seat on the sofa.

 

"Yes, I am Sungyeol. I am the one who helped you to get back here last night."

 

"I see. And, thank you for helping. I hope I didn't cause much trouble to you."

 

"No, you didn't trouble me at all." He offers me a gummy smile.

 

And we fall silent afterward.

 

I eye him with so much questions, whether about his presence here and the things in that plastic bag in his hold. While Sungyeol, he looks shy, awkward, uncomfortable in his seat that make him shifts every now and then.

 

"If I may ask, why did you bother to come here and what is the thing inside that plastic bag?"

 

"Oh. I almost forget. I come here to check on your condition because yesterday you look heavily drunk. That's why I bring this soup for you, it's good to ease the headache after you had had lots of alcohol." Sungyeol hands over the bag to me with a sweet smile.

 

"Thank you." I reply him with the same kind of smile.

 

We look into each other eyes for a long time, before I break away from the contact as I realise I almost late for the photoshoot.

 

"Ah! I'm so sorry Sungyeol-ssi but excuse myself, I need to prepare. I have a work today." I say as I spin toward the bathroom, but before I get in, I glance at Sungyeol only to find his disappointed face.

 

I smile to myself while I enter the bathroom to wash my face and change into the proper clothes.

 

By the time, I get myself ready with all my equipment and the bag of soup from him, Sungyeol already stands by the door side, announcing he is ready to leave too.

 

I open the door, letting him to step out first before I go after him.

 

"So, uh..." Sungyeol struggles hard to find a word to bid goodbye to me, god damn it, he is just too cute, and adorable for me.

 

"Alright, Sungyeol-ssi, I think I will leave first. See you." I wave at him with a dimple smile while running all the way in the corridor to the lift, but just in the mid-way, I halt my pace and turn around to face the dejected man.

 

"Hey, Sungyeol-ssi!" I call from a far, gaining his attention just in a second.

 

"Let's have a dinner tonight! Meet me here at seven. Until then." I walk backward as I aim him my sweetest smile and a teasing wink.

 

Then...

 

He throws me one of his adorable face that able to crash my world upside down as the answer.

 

And I know it already, that he will accept my offer.

 

I wave at him in final before I run toward the lift, and this time he waves back cheerfully.

 


 

Sungyeol's POV

 

My eyes slowly drifts away from Myungsoo's back as he vanishes behind the closed lift.

 

Still in daze, I lift my own fingers to touch my right cheek, giving it a few pinches and slaps, before I realise...

 

"I am not dreaming!" I shout without even caring if my voice might disturb another guests around me.

 

And my joy still continue on as I run towards my own room, which is placed just about 3 floors beneath, with an ear-to-ear grin spreads across my face.

 

"What should I wear?" I ask panicky as I open my luggage wide, well I haven't hang my clothes in the closet, yet. You know how busy I am, right?

 

"This one? Or this one?" Switching from one cloth to the other ones, I place it in front of my slender body as I look into my own reflection.

 

I sigh, drowning myself into the piles of clothes on my bed.

 

"Come on. It's just a dinner, not a date. Why are you like this?" Puffing my own cheek to express my frustration.

 

"Wait, he said meet him at seven, right?"

 

My phone shows the current time, it's 12.15 A.M.

 

"OH GOD. I can't believe it." I talk disbelievingly, "Less from seven hours, I will be on dinner with him? Yes, it's that him that I am talking about."

 

"Now. Now. I should prepare myself to appear dazzling in front of him." I beam brightly, followed with a simple hum as approval.

 


 

Myungsoo's POV

 

The clicks and flashes racing filled the studio room completely as soon as the photography session starts.

 

"Ladies, look to left a bit, yeah, that's right." I busily give the direction for the rookie models as I snap their poses, "Okay, hold on."

 

"Nice!" I smirk to myself as I check the pictorial result from my professinal camera.

 

"Break!" Hoya gives the signal from a far, dismissing the models from the room, only leaving the crews behind.

 

"Yo, Myungsoo! You did great, man." He pats my shoulder lightly while I am still too accompanied with the pictures' result.

 

"Thanks." I answer simply, offering a thin smile.

 

"Hey, let's have a lunch together."

 

"Sure." Packing my things directly, when I find the package that Sungyeol gave me.

 

"What is that?" He peeks curiously, "Lunch box?"

 

"Well, he gave this to me this morning."

 

"He? Who?" I swear Hoya looks more like teasing than asking.

 

I shoot him my icy stare.

 

"Ah-ah. What's with the attitude, Myungsoo?" Dongwoo suddenly comes out from nowhere, and as soon as he appears, I can see Hoya throws me a winning grin as he wraps his arm around his lover's waist.

 

I roll my eyes, without trying to cover my annoyance.

 

"Don't give that look to this famous magazine CEO's fiancé, okay?" Now, Hoya turns to speak against me.

 

I swear I would strangle this two love birds to death if I don't remember that they are my friends, my old friends.

 

"Aw. My baby!" Dongwoo hugs me tightly, like he never seen me for years, uh well that's true actually.

 

He gives me no choice except to hug him back, so I did.

 

"Okay, enough for the hug." Here comes, a possessive man who thinks I would steal his dinosaurs.

 

When we finally settle down in a nearby cafe, Dongwoo starts blabbering all the nonsense about how he missed me, with Hoya by his side who lovingly nods in affirmation when needed, while me, I only hum in appreciation as I savour the taste of the soup that Sungyeol made for me.

 

"Myungsoo, are you even listening?" Dongwoo pouts.

 

"Yes."

 

"Then, why do you keep eatin- Wait, what's that?"

 

"A soup." I state as a matter-of-factly.

 

"No. No. I know it's soup. What I mean is, where do you get it? As you see, we haven't even give our orders, but you have eaten half of the soup."

 

"Honey, he didn't order it from here. But he already got it with him since this morning." Hoya answers the question for me.

 

"Huh? How come? You made it?"

 

I raise one of my eyebrows to him.

 

"Oh, I already know it's not you. Hell no, An Almighty Kim Myungsoo would cook in the kitchen. So, who is it?" Dongwoo asks again.

 

"It's someone that he met yesterday, someone that save his from being dumped from the bar." Again, Hoya answers for me.

 

"Some- Ah." Dongwoo's face continuously brighten up as if he just finds a really rare treasure box, pftt, this probably value more than that damn treasure box for him.

 

"So, who is the lucky--or more like unfortunate--guy who attract this lonesome ex school kingka?" Dongwoo wriggles his eyebrows teasingly, and Hoya smirks slyly beside him.

 

Now I really wish I never befriended them, so I could rip off their victorious smile from their faces.

 

"Who said I am attracted to him?" I bite back.

 

"Well, if you are not, then why would you bother to accept his package? From what I remember, this kingka was used to turn down everyone favour for him heartlessly. Then, what is this? Not only accepted the food, you ate it too." Dongwoo grins widely.

 

"Everyone can change right? I am not heartless anymore, at least not as bad as before. And I was hungry so I ate it." I reason out.

 

"Really?" This time, both of them ask me with their I-know-you-so-well tone.

 

Sigh. I guess I will need extra patient to face this idiot couple for the next hours.

 


 

Sungyeol's POV

 

I shift my weight from one from to another one, not because I need to pee or something like that, but because I am nervous and anxious.

 

The clock ticks painfully slow to seven.

 

I keep checking myself in front of the mirror, a white striped long sleeves sweater with a black wool jacket, then a cream coloured skinny jeans, and a white sneaker.

 

It's 06.54 P.M.

 

"Right, only 6 minutes more. Calm yourself, Sungyeol." I keep telling myself as I pace back and forth.

 

But, just in a heartbeat later, I already can't hold myself any longer, so I start to walk out from my room towards the lift.

 

Step by step, I walk with my thumping heart toward Myungsoo's apartment front door.

 

The time in my phone screen shows that it's 06.58 P.M.

 

"Should I knock now?" I ask in a whisper-like tone.

 

"Alright. Come earlier is better right?" With that, I ring the apartment room's bell.

 

Soon, I hear some sounds, like something being knocked off, followed with a thump sound, then another chaos sounds, before finally I heard a click sound which indicate that door is being opened right now.

 

And, here I go, I really need to appear calmly and stunningly in front of this holy-godness-like human who is named Kim Myungsoo.

 

But, screw it, of course my attempt to remain calm is futile effort.

 

The gorgeous man that stands right before eyes, dressed in all-black outfit, with black long sleeves shirt being tucked under his black trousers, then a dark blue leather coat above his shirt, last is his black suede shoes.

 

How I really wish I could turn back to the time when I got dressed, so I could dress better than this casual outfit. Now I wonder what we will look like to side by side, with him dressed like a fashion model, and me dressed like a stray bum.

 

"Hey, you look pretty." I don't know since when Myungsoo already stands by my side, and leaning against me while whispering that words.

 

"Ah. Thank you. You look awesome too." I swear I could feel my own heating cheeks when I compliment him back.

 

He lets out a throaty laugh when he hears so, leaving me once again in amazement of his magical. His laugh, I think it contain addictive substance, that makes me want to hear his laugh again, ah, I mean everything about him contain addictive substances. Oh my, don't say I'm addicted to him already.

 

"Yeollie, you ready?" He says as he offers his arm to me.

 

'Yeollie?' Did he just give me a pet name? Aw. That's cute.

 

I give him a curt nod before I lift my arm awkwardly to link it with his.

 

He gives me his trademark smile, dimple smile, as we walk down the alley.

 

"God, this feels like a date." Unconsciously, I say out loud what's in my mind.

 

"Well, you can call it a date if you want." He smirks.

 

Couldn't find any reply for his words, I only manage to avoid eye contact from him while cursing myself silently.

 


 

Normal POV

 

To set a romantic dinner for them, Myungsoo has booked a special place for their dinner, which is a cafe above the jeju beach, that allow everyone there to enjoy their dinner with a jeju night scenery surround them. And, it seems like Myungsoo's effort is not a waste, judging from the awe-struck face from Sungyeol, how his eyes twinkle in excitement, how his mouth hangs agape a little, and how squishy he looks like what he does it. That's definitely a jackpot.

 

With the adorable look that Sungyeol throws to him, Myungsoo lets the smile creeps on his face slowly.

 

"Evening sir." The waitress greets them with a smile before she hands the menus.

 

"What would you like for dinner, Yeollie?"

 

"Hm..." Sungyeol is scanning at the menu when he notices the prices that printed just by the side of each menu's list.

 

"Gosh. This costs a year salary of mine." Sungyeol blurts out silently, but Myungsoo is able to catch them so let out a few chuckles, making Sungyeol looks at him bashfully.

 

"Don't worry, Yeol. I treat." Myungsoo smiles to him.

 

"Uh, that's not it. It's just, I don't know what to order." Sungyeol tries to cover his embarrassment.

 

"Well, I will order for you then."

 

Sungyeol only nods in agreement.

 

After giving their orders, the waitress finally leaving them alone.

 

"So, you are here for vacation?" Myungsoo starts the conversation.

 

"Yes, a month vacation."

 

"A month? That's not a short amount of time."

 

"Well, yeah. But what's wrong to have vacation for a month, if your life span is just a matter of months." Sungyeol says, surprisingly calm about his life fact, and also completely unaware he has just spurted out his life's secret, or so he would call it, to a complete stranger.

 

"What do you mean by that?" Myungsoo looks perplexed.

 

Sungyeol heaves a sigh, before he starts again, "Well, I have a serious disease, and the bastard in white trench coat said that I will live no longer than six months. Cruel, isn't it?" Sungyeol looks down for a moment, but he manages a sweet smile afterward as if covering the fact of how sappy he is feeling at the moment.

 

"Ah I see. I feel sorry for you." Doesn't know how to comfort him, Myungsoo only pats Sungyeol's shoulder gently, offering a smile to the other man.

 

"Nah, it's okay. How about you Myungsoo-ssi?" Sungyeol tries to change the miserable topic.

 

"Me? Well, I'm not on vacation. I am on runaway."

 

"Runaway?"

 

"Yes. I am trying to run away from my duties for a while, although I know I must face them sooner or later."

 

"I see."

 

With that, both of these grown up men share each other the warmness of the smiles. They know that this will be a start of every change in their life.

 


 

Is the plot too fast? Please share me your thoughts ^^