Unusual

Where Love Takes A Plight

Sungyeol's POV

 

"Huaaa! Taeyeon noona!!" I scream with my high pitch voice while trying to gain Taeyeon's attention in the middle sea of fangirls and fanboys here.

"NOONA!" This time my inhumanly high-pitched scream manage to get her attention.

'Uh-oh.' I think. My eyes are gluing onto her pretty face as she walks elegantly towards me.

"Omg! Omg! Omg!" I squeal like fangirl when I see her standing in front me, with that angelic smile plasters on her face.

"Lee Sungyeol..." She calls my name softly.

'Oh... her voice is so sweet, just like the angel singing.' I sigh dreamily.

"Sungyeol-ah..." Oh. She calls out to me again. But this time, it is more like a whisper and her face is freaking close to mine now.

 

I close my eyes slowly when I saw her red lip inching closer to mine.

 

Wait a second.

 

"SUNGYEOL-AH!" Why does her voice sound so harsh and loud now?

"YAH! YOU DORK! WAKE UP NOW!" No. My Taeyeon definitely will not call me a dork. Who can this be?

 

I quickly snap my eyes open wide when I hear the echoing scream near my ears. Ouch. My eardrums hurts.

 

"Yah! What time is it, Lee Sungyeol?" An intimidating voice can be heard, while I am trying to focus on my blurry sight.

"Eungh.. noona.." I pout my lip a little, my lips forming into a kissing pose.

"Yah!" A yell can be heard and followed by a strong whack onto my head.

"Argh!" I groan loudly while rubbing my 'injured' head, it is starting to ache.

 

Finally, my vision becomes clear, and before my eyes is the sight of my mom with her stern look and her both hands on her hip.

 

"Lee Sungyeol, you'd better get your fat out of the bed now, before I fry you up as my breakfast." My mom says angrily.

"Ah... I am still sleepy." I say while trying to get back to my beauty sleep. "Just 5 minutes more and I will-" Another whack comes in contact with my poor head, before I can even finish off with my sentence.

"Wake up, you lazy bum! Time to get to work!" My mom say as she hits me wildly.

"Ah. Ok- Ah! I am awake- Ouch! Stop it- Ack! Mom!" I continue to whine. Goodness. My mom isn’t young but her whacking is still as painful as before.

 

That's how I manage to wake up every day.


 

"Good morning Mr Lee." A pretty lady behind the counter greets me as I walk into the building.

"Morning." I reply her with my signature gummy smile.

 

I hum some random songs as I make my way towards my own office located on the 10th floor. As I arrive there, I take my seat behind the big wooden table that has a clear crystal tag with my name engraved on it. Oh yeah. I forget to mention. I am a manager of the second biggest company in Seoul now, The Lee Corporation.

 

The Lee Corporation. Yes, you may find it familiar. Because it has the same name as my surname. Basically, Lee Corporation is my uncle's company, but that doesn’t mean I have received any special treatment just because I am the relative of the owner of this company. I have worked hard to arrive at this position just like any other manager in other big companies.

 

As I start to do my daily task, typing an important file in my Mac, a knock can be heard follow by an appearance of my y secretary.

 

"Mr Lee, these are the proposals that you need to check today." She says in her flirty tone, but I just ignore her -like act and quickly take these proposals from her hands.

 

After I check these proposals in a quick glance, I immediately dismiss her from my office.

 

Yeah, I really can't stand her. Not because she is too y and make me go wild, no, not because of that, but because she is just too y and I don't like her. She is just not my type. Moreover, my ideal type is Taeyeon noona, the prettiest and cutest goddess ever. Hey, talking about her, I remember that I almost manage to kiss her in my dream, if only my mom hasn’t come into the scene and ruined it all. Well, I will let it off for now. Huff... I have no time to daydream now. I really should finish my work before the deadline.

 

I quickly switch back to my professional mode as I start to work.


 

 Myungsoo's POV

 

Click. Click. Click.

 

I am snapping some random pictures, when my phone ring loudly.

 

"Hello?" I answer the call.

"Myungsoo-ah, where are you?" The man from other line asks.

"Seoul Central Park."

"Can you come here now?" 

"Why?"

"Your dad wants to meet you now."

 

I freeze for a while when I hear that my dad wants to meet me. I know there must has to be something important, because it is just unusual that my dad wants to meet me so suddenly.

"Myungsoo?" The man from other line's voice makes me snap back to the reality.

"Okay. I will be there in 10 minutes." I say as I end the call.

I pack my things back into my bag and in no time, I’m already walking towards my car. I drive as quickly as I can, since I don’t want my dad to wait for me too long.

 


 

We have been sitting in silence for a good five minutes, but my dad still hasn't uttered a word since my arrival in his office. He is just sitting there staring at me. If you don’t get used to it, you may find this situation pretty awkward, but for me, it just a normal thing. Just like how you breathe every second, I have gotten used to it since I am a child.

 

"So?” I give up and start by breaking the silence around us. What’s the point of wasting both of our time playing the staring game? "Why did you call me, dad?" I ask casually, trying not to be intimidated by his stare, well, I’m not.

My dad only answers me with a sigh, before he starts to talk.

"Myungsoo-ah." He calls me with his cold voice.

"Yes, dad?" I answer him with the same tone. Like father like son, some people say, which is true, to certain extend.

"As you can see, I am getting older day by day and my health is getting quite unstable now." He starts.

 

I keep my gaze on him even though I can already feel something is going to be happen soon. Something I won’t like definitely.

 

"I want you to replace me. Since you have already graduated from the college and you are the eldest son, so you deserve to inherit my company and other properties as well." He states coolly, giving me a huge shock of my life.

"What? Inherit?" I ask, dumbfound.

"Dad-" I am just about to protest when he stops me by raising one of his hands, silencing me.

"I know, son. You maybe say that you are not ready for this, but you are forced to be ready. Sooner or later you need to take over me. So start from now, you’d better prepare yourself. I will give you time to think about this. A month, and that’s it." He says in his firm tone and that’s final. I can’t even ague back.

 

I open my mouth a little, but I quickly close it again. I know there's no point complaining about it, because I know him too well that he won't accept any refusal. He is a man who doesn’t take ‘no’ for an answer. I sigh deeply before I stand up to leave the office.

 

"I will think about it, dad." I say as I leave him alone.

"A month, Myungsoo. Remember that." He has emphasized on those two particular words before I leave his office.

 


 

Normal POV

 

It is almost midnight, but it seems like Sungyeol won't be going home anytime sooner. He looks so deeply engrossed in his work without realising there is no one left in that company, except for him and the security guards outside who are supposed to keep the company safe from any burglar or theft.

 

"Hoam." He yawns as he looks at his watch, only to realise that his working time is supposed to be over since an hour ago.

"Aigoo." He whines as he turns his attention back to his MacBook.

 

Yeah, he still have a bit of work left to be finished today, in actual fact, he can continue it on the next day, but being a workaholic he is, he always wants to do his work until everything is done.

 

"Ah. I forgot. I left the files in the storage room." He mumbles to himself while making his way to downstairs where the storage room is. 

 

He jogs his way down from the highest floor to the ground floor, which happens to be 10 floors in total.

 

"Ugh. Why the hell Lee Jungyeop uncle has to turn off the lift? It will be faster and easier if only I can use the lift instead of climbing the stairs." He complains as he runs down from a flight of stairs to another.

 

When he finally reaches the storage room on the first floor and retrieves his files, his breathing is already quick and uneven.

 

"I seriously hate that stingy old man!" He curses under his breath as he runs back upstairs.

"Hah... Hah..." He stops in the mid-way when his legs start to get wobbly and he has started to pant heavily.

"Ah. Let's see what I will do tomorrow if I meet him. For sure, that obnoxious uncle will get my revenge!" He screams in frustration as he continues to jog back to his office.

"Damn it! Why is this building so huge? Who is the designer, huh?" He complaints again without stopping his pace.

"This is to tiring! I need a rest!" He says to no one in particular and he settles himself on the stairs.

 

Pant. Pant. Pant. Yeah, he has been panting non-stop while resting his sweaty body, but a sudden pain comes and hits him hard on the chest. He groans at the sudden ache. The sweats start to trickle down from his forehead to his jaw.

 

Just when he is about to go up from his sitting position, another sting of pain comes and another ones follow continuously, causing his breath to hitch. He gasps for air when he feels that his chest constrict due to the pain attack. His chest feels so heavy as though there is something heavy weighting onto his chest. He becomes panicky as he feels himself suffocating. The pain is too much to take in.

 

Quickly, he fishes out his phone from his trousers’ pocket and press speed dial number 1 which allows him to contact his mom immediately. But before he is able to tell his mom about his condition right now, there comes another wave of soreness hitting him hard on the chest, making him feels like being choked to death.

 

"Hello?" His mom voice can be heard on the other line.

 

Pang.

 

He drops his phone on the floor as he clutches onto his chest tightly.

 

"Sungyeol-ah, are you there?" These are the last words that he heard from his mother's worried tone before the darkness swallow him whole and his body hit the cold hard ground, consciousness has slipped out of his hand.


 

Always feel free to comment, okay? ;)