Officially Yours

Where Love Takes A Plight

OH GAWD! FINALLY I CAN UPDATE /ugly sobs/

Believe me, I was trying to update, but it just... ugh, complicated. But mostly, I blame it on my broken mac, yeah currently stealing my dad's lappie to update.

BTW, I AM STILL ALIVE~ YUHUUU~

Anyone miss me? No? Fine T.T

Anyway, I... I just want to say sorry for all of you who have been waiting for this absurd story of mine (yeah, idk whether are you guys still there hehe), still my sincere apology. Please forgive me, and I will make up my long absence, promise ._.v



 

Sungyeol rubs his eyes sluggishly, as he has finally woken up from his long sleep.

 

Ah, it's indeed an effecient method to heal his sore body back. After forcing himself to work extra hours in the recent weeks, today he finally can get a proper rest. Well, he should thanks Sungjong later, because it is for his kindness that he gets sent off from work early.

 

Grabb~

 

He scoops his phone up from the nightstand while sitting up from his earlier laying position.

 

Syutt

 

He slides his thin finger across the screen lightly as he checks on his lock screen picture, a sea view by the twinkling night, yes it is the exact picture that he took when he was having a dinner with Myungsoo back then in Jeju Island. Ahh, that was such a memorable moment.

 

Wait, why does he keep thinking about Myungsoo, when the man that he think of doesn't even care about him? Proven by the short text that the other sent just a week ago after his long absence. Therefore, he concludes that he wasn't that great to be thought by someone as busy as Myungsoo. Nevertheless, he can't deny the fact that he still wishes that the other would miss him as bad as he misses the other.

 

Ahh. What does he think about actually? This is nonsense.

 

Drrrrtt~

 

The smartphone in his hold vibrates furiously, announcing a new message has arrived. He is pulled back to the reality harshly, out from his long thought.

 

"Eoh?" A frown immediately adorning his tired face.

 

His pretty eyes blink several times, as if he can't believe what's displayed in front of his sight. It is a message that he has longed for who-know-how-long but also a message that he never dared to anticipate at all.

 

Dancing beautifully on the lit screen, a name of the man that he has just thought of a moment ago.

 

Yes, it's Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo, who has gave him so much happiness and sadness in his life lately, who has turned his whole world upside down in just a short span of moment, who has made him start to see brighter world above his working desk. Yeah, it's him, the one and the only one.

 

Just a moment ago, he felt sadness, dejection, disappointment, but soon after he opens the message that he has just received, all the burdens that he held finally evaporates in to the air and eventually he is able to carve a smile that has long gone from his pretty face.

 


 

It's a cold night, no wonder, it's almost the end of autumn. Yet, the coldness doesn't stop him from running against the chilly wind on the crowded pavement. Of course, all of these struggles aren't comparable with what he has faced weeks ago. Ahh, he doesn't even want to think about it anymore, it was a nightmare for him, fortunately it's all over now. But, what's more important for now is that he finally can see his sun shines after such a long thunderstorm.

 

"Sungyeol-ah..." The man casts out the name with a yearning smile on his handsome face.

 

The more he thinks about the man that he has ached for, the faster his steps bring him to his destination.

 

TAP!

 

Upon his arrival on the doorstep of the bustling cafe in that packed district, he sighs softly to loosen the edginess that he feels before he pushes the wooden frame open.

 

Kriett! Ringgg~

 

The bells ring immediately as soon as it hits the door, announcing the arrival of a new customer in that cafe. And soon after, he is accompanied with a young lady dressed in a white long-sleeves shirt, black knee-length skirts and dark green apron as the complement accessory hanging loosely on her waist.

 

"Can I help you, sir?" The waitress asks nicely, but he is too busy scanning the whole room to notice her.

 

"Ah, there you are." Out of blue, Myungsoo utters his joy out when he finds a particular pale man in the corner of the cafe who looks rather in daze among the crowds.

 

"Pardon, sir?" She asks in confusion.

 

"Oh, sorry, miss. I've got my seat. Thankyou." He flashes his charming smile shortly to the lady before he leaves.

 

 

Tap...

 

 

Tap...

 

 

Tap...

 

 

With every step that he takes, his heart starts to thump madder against his ribcage as if it wants to break free from its place.

 

Ahh, Lee Sungyeol... he is the only one that can makes him feel this way.

 

Myungsoo secretly smiles as he walks in slow steps toward the cornered table where he sees a young fine man scanning the world outside from the window lazily. Right just apart a fews meter from the table, he halts his step hesitatingly.

 

"Yeol." He spells out the name that barely spilled from lips recently with mixed emotions while standing still on his spot nervously. He wonders what will other react about his absence in the recent weeks. Shock? Mad? Sad? Ahh he doesn't know for sure.

 

And the man that he just called quickly snaps his head to his direction in a neck-breaker speed as if he has been waiting to hear his voice ever since. Myungsoo is more than ready to face the other's anger for him, but instead, in those pretty round eyes, he can only see a longing stare inside, yes, the exact feeling that he shares right now.

 

They stare at each other wordlessly for a good minutes before one of them breaks the thick atmosphere.

 

"Hey." Myungsoo is the first one to greet, his voice creaks and comes out hoarser than his thought due his neurotic state.

 

"Hey too." And Sungyeol's voice isn't any better, it sounds rather small and in whisper-like tone honestly. The other smiles, feeling a little relief that he isn't the only one who gets all anxious about their meeting as he takes his seat across the silent man.

 

"Sir, here are the menus." The young man with a rather well-built body breaks their moment as soon as it starts.

 

"Ah, thanks." Myungsoo takes the menu and flips through it, while Sungyeol remains stilled on his seat, doesn't bother to glance at menu that is placed in front of him.

 

"Spagetthi bolognese, roasted garlic soup and an espresso, please."

 

"Yes, sir." The waiter scribbles down his order.

 

Myungsoo already finishes his orders when he notices that the other hasn't even spoke a word yet instead he just stares blankly at the menu.

 

"Sungyeol?" He calls for the man who looks as if he is just being dragged out from his long thought.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"You haven't ordered." Myungsoo smiles warmly at him, making the other flushes madly.

 

"Oh, yeah." He then flips through the pages absent-mindedly, and it doesn't go unnoticed by Myungsoo.

 

"Anything wrong?" The other asks worriedly.

 

"Nah. It's fine." He continues to flip several times before he orders some pastries and an americano for himself.

 

"Alright, sir. Your order will be here in less than 15 minutes. Excuse myself." As the young waiter takes his leave, once again, they are left alone on the table, with only silence enveloping them.

 

Myungsoo clears his throat awkwardly as he starts, "Yeol, I... I'm so sorry." He speaks regretfully.

 

"What for?" Sungyeol asks with a faint bitter expression.

 

"I know, it is my mistake for disappearing so sudden that day, not to mention that I didn't leave any message behind. I believe you must have been trying to get in contact with me since then. Ahhh, I am so sorry, Yeol. I didn't mean it to happen in this way, seriously. It just-" Myungsoo explains desperately, but Sungyeol cuts him off.

 

"That's fine." Sungyeol sighs, "It's nothing to be sorry of. None of what has happened is your fault. You don't have to tell me your reason. It doesn't matter anyway. What's the point of wasting your time just to tell me these things?" Sungyeol asks with a thin yet sad smile on his face.

 

"No, no, no, you don't get it." The other says, almost sounds like a plead. "You must have misunderstood something."

 

"What kind of misunderstanding?"

 

"Do you think that what has happened between us in Jeju doesn't mean a thing for you, for us?"

 

"Huh?" Sungyeol laughs bitterly, trying to cover his hurted expression, "I don't get what you mean." Nah, obviously that's a lie. Sungyeol knows than better where the conversation will lead them to, but he still decides to act oblivious.

 

"Yeol!" Myungsoo cries out. "Don't lie. I know you-"

 

"No. You should be the one to stop all this crap. What are you trying to prove here?"

 

"I am just trying to clear things between us, like... our feelings."

 

"Tch." Sungyeol snorts upon his mention about feeling. Yeah. Feeling? What does the younger know about it anyway?

 

"I know, you probably won't believe me. But still, I can't help but to tell you the truth." Myungsoo's hands disecretly reach for the other's that are lying across his, making the owner squeaks out of his sudden movement.

 

"Myung-" Sungyeol warns as he tries to free his hand away from the other's grasp, afraid of the witnesses around them.

 

"Wait. Just for a moment, Yeol."

 

With the pleading look that the younger put on his face, he finally gives in, earning a relief smile from the other who is just genuinely happy about the fact that the older has stopped fighting him off.

 

"Yeol, I like you, no, cross that, I love you." Myungsoo smiles sincerely making his dimple visible, and judging from the look on Sungyeol's face, he knows that the other probably has just got the shock of his life.

 

"Wha-what?" Sungyeol stammers, unprepared of the unexpected confession.

 

"I love you, Lee Sungyeol." Again, the other replays his sentence, making sure each of his words will ring through the taller's head over and over.

 

As if, his confession itself isn't enough, he even decides to go further by bringing back their memories, "I have been attracted to you since our first meeting in Jeju beach, then more into you after that drunken incident, and finally fall for you as time past. Can you believe that love comes to me in such a short time?" He chuckles at the reminiscence.

 

"H-how come?" Looks like the other still can't believe the whole shocking ordeal.

 

"Do you still remember the night when I found you almost unconscious in the tent during camp trip?"

 

Sungyeol only nods as he recalls the past event.

 

"That time, I realise something, yeah something really important that never came across my thought before." Myungsoo has a soft smile on his face, as he continues, "Do you know what?" And Sungyeol shakes his head expectantly, making the other laughs at him.

 

"The moment when I saw you lost from my sight, I was so panic, my heart was pounding madly. But soon after I found you lying lifelessly in that tent, I think I'd just lost my breath for a moment, it was so suffocating for me. You probably have no idea how scared I was at that moment." He says with his most hopeless expression as he sighs heavily, "That's how I realise it, that I have fallen hard for you, and it's too late for me to step back right now. Right?" His face lits up automatically while smiling sweetly to the taller.

 

"Myungsoo-ah..." Sungyeol calls out with quivering lips, his eyes already get all teary when he heard the other's story. Well, no matter how much he wants to believe the complicated situation for real, his logic just seems like playing trick to his mind, making him unable to tell between the reality and the dream. Ahh, he is really confused. He trully has no idea about how much impact he does for the other's life.

 

"Yeol, I know we didn't spent much time together. But still, that short moment of our togetherness means a Iot to me. Thus why I wish that we could create more memories in the future." Myungsoo's lips crooks up as his eyes turns into crescent shape-like. "So, Lee Sungyeol, would you mind to stay by my side for now and ever after?"

 

"Kim Myungsoo..." And his words successfully make the older's tears flowing out uncontrollable.

 

Ahh, if he really must die now, he will die happily as he finally has someone who trully loves him by his side. But, nah. He doesn't want to die yet, at least, not at this moment, because all that he wants to do for now is just enjoying this rare moment, whilst he knows it won't last long.

 

"Sungyeol-ah." Once again, the man that has captured his heart caught him out of guard, "Would you be mine?" It just pops out from nowhere, a slender silver band ring that is looped with small diamonds encrusted along the neverending line which creates an infinity symbol.

 

This time, the older swears that the reality feels like a dream to him, the crystal drops keep pouring out from his pretty eyes making his cheeks damp with tears.

 

"Oh god. Why are you crying, Yeol?" Myungsoo glances at him dejectedly, presuming that his proposal is a failure.

 

"Idiot." Quickly, Sungyeol wipes the tears away before anyone in the cafe can see him.

 

"Huh? Is it that disappointing?" The younger looks solemnly miserable, "Hah, I know, this is so lame. I am sorry-" Oh well, looks like he truly is an idiot.

 

"YACKK! YOU ARE THE BIGGEST DUMBHEAD EVER!" Sungyeol shouts frustatedly. Oh hell yeah, its so frustating for him that the younger has became such a complete idiot. Can't he read the situation? He is crying out of happiness. Geez. But soon after, he laughs whole-heartedly as he sees the other's face who looks rather terrified and shocked of his sudden outburst.

 

"Well, at least this dumbhead is handsome as hell, isn't he?" Myungsoo winks playfully, finally feels relief for himself, making the man across his seat cracks up.

 

"Yeah. Yeah. Be thankful that you got such a pretty face."

 

"Nah, you are waaayyy prettier." He emphasis the word with teaseful smirk.

 

"Tch. Big liar." Sungyeol shakes his head, neverthless grins like a fool in love.

 

"Hey. I am not." The other protests with laugh.

 


 

Ugh, he never feels that the late autumn will be such a good day for a stroll in late night, but yeah, for his case it is.

 

Well. Isn't it?

 

Sungyeol steals a quick glance to his left where an extremely good looking man helds his hand so passionately as they walk along the pavement where lots of stall packed on their sides selling various street snack.

 

Oh indeed, there isn't any better day for a walk than the day when he officially becomes one with the man that he loves.

 

"It's so pretty." Sungyeol murmurs behind the scarfs that circling around his neck as he brings his right fingers close to his face to observe the infinity ring that has been wrapping his middle finger since then.

 

"You like it that much?" Suddenly, a light husky voice fills his hearing.

 

"Hmm." He replies with a single hum, still can't take his eyes off from the thin silver band that shows a neverending love symbol.

 

"Ugh, I am so sad now." Myungsoo starts to act as if he is offended by the other's attitude.

 

"Why?" Sungyeol snaps his head to look his new boyfriend confusedly, just to see him pouting like a 5 years old.

 

"Now that you are more interested with that thing rather than me. You never even stare at me in that way, you know." He argues childishly.

 

"Oh my, Myungie-ah." The other cocoes sweetly, "Don't be jealous. I love you more than anything in the world, I swear. My love for you is uncomparable, believe me."

 

"Really?" The younger arched his brow in suspicion.

 

"Really."

 

Sungyeol smiles and leans his face closer to Myungsoo's, and, there he goes. He plants a light kiss on his lover's cheek, strucking the other in shocked.

 

Well yeah, now, it's Myungsoo's turn to stare at him wide-eyed, taken a back by Sungyeol's sudden affection for him.

 

"Happy?" The older teases as he sees the youngers smiles brightly afterward, unaware of the other's thought.

 

"Nope. I want something better."

 

"Huh?"

 

Suddenly, Myungsoo stops walking, making Sungyeol who is following closely by his side mimics him before turns to face the younger with mild confusion written on his face.

 

"Hey, why do we sto-" And the taller's question gets cut off as Myungsoo inches closer to press their lips together.

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

"Now, that's what we called as a kiss." Myungsoo smirks proudly, but the other is still freezing on his spot.

 

Uh-oh, seems like a three seconds kiss makes him feels as if he is just being strucked by lightning.

 

"Yack!" As Sungyeol has finally awaken from his shock, he starts to chase after Myungsoo who is a step faster from him already.

 

And here they go, chasing game in the middle of street market, on top of it, late night.

 

Well, it eventually looks like everything will be easier from now on, isn't it?

 


 

Preview of Chapter 12 :

 

"I don't want to miss your 'guest', hyung."

 

"Myungsoo-ah."

 

He looks up to welcome the woman who has gave birth to him with huge smile, but soon his smile falters with the sight ahead of him.

 



 

Woohooo! I did it! Mansaeee~

So, how is it, guys? I hope it's not that worse :s

And, I even get you guys a preview hihi. Next update gonna be a surprise. Aww I am excited.

 

So, Forgive me, will ya? /kicked puppy look/