Phobia

Where Love Takes A Plight

For my dearest readers, late valentine gift :*

 


 

Myungsoo's POV

 

Ding... Dong... Dinggg... Donggg...

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

I press the bell impatiently and knock in the same rushed manner, while Sungyeol stays by my side in silence. Okay, it's quite weird honestly. This guy has never been so reserved and calm in his existence ever since I know him, so this is the first and kinda shocked me that he got this side of him.

 

"WAIT! Hobaby, open the door!" Yes, I am still standing right in front of the closed door, but faintly, I still can catch Dongwoo's scream from inside.

 

I glance at my side, where Sungyeol stares back at me with wide and questioning eyes, but I only chuckle in reply.

 

Click-

 

"Hey, Myu- WHOA!" It's Hoya's turn now who stares at us with baffled expression.

 

I clear my throat to signal Hoya to stop eyeing the poor man beside me from head to toe, but seems like he doesn't get it and continue the look that probably will freak Sungyeol out who is now looking small under Hoya's deep inspection.

 

"Hoya, please." I whisper in warning. Ugh, this is also part of the reason why I regret befriending him.

 

"A-ah... Uh, sorry." Hoya says and actually looks embarrased, but just in a second later, he starts to yell something more embarrassing. "Honey! Come here! Look, what does our Myungsoo bring? It's HIM!"

 

A few violent footsteps, before a dinosaurs-like man with cute green apron around his waist appears, wearing the same looks that Hoya has before.

 

"IT'S HIM!" Now, please tell me, how can I befriended them in the past? They are embarrasing me to no end.

 

"Uh, h-hi." Sungyeol finally lets out his first voice since our arrival here.

 

And what happen next? This two lunatics stare at him with that dummy faces of theirs as if they never heard a human talk before. God damn. Someone please drag me out of this mess.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Oh god, I feel like going to curse more after this. But I hold myself. Of course I need to, or else they are just gonna tease me more. And I definitely won't let it happen, not in front of Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol smiles a little when he sees both of the lunatics try to introduce themselves in the most mannerless way.

 

"I am Dongwoo! Nice to meet you-"

 

"And I am-"

 

"Please save the introduction for later. We are freezing our off here." I cut in while grabbing Sungyeol's extending hand which is ready to reach for this two mannerless hosts.

 

"Oh right. Come in!" Dongwoo and Hoya step back to give enough space for me and Sungyeol to squeeze through the door.

 

"Welcome to our house, maybe it's not too luxurious, but I hope it's comfortable enough for you, Lee Sungyeol-ssi." Dongwoo puts on his angelic smile, Sungyeol who is staring in awe at the cozy interior quickly diverts his attention back to Dongwoo upon hearing his name.

 

"How do you know my name, Dongwoo-ssi?" Sungyeol looks puzzled.

 

"Ah, yes. Hoya told me about you." Dongwoo points at his lover who smiles in return.

 

"Oh, you are..."

 

"Yes, I am the one you met at the other day."

 

"Ah, that bar guy." Sungyeol nods as he recalls their first encounter.

 

"Huh? What bar?" Dongwoo frowns.

 

"He is the one that I met before at the bar when Myungsoo was drunk that day." Sungyeol says, completely oblivious of the warning sign that Hoya gives from behind Dongwoo's back; the poor guy is flailing his arms frantically to stop Sungyeol's kind explanation about him. But of course it is too late already when Sungyeol manages to catch Hoya's mournful face at the last moment.

 

"What? How come I didn't know about this?" Dongwoo sends Hoya his offended look. "Wait. Don't tell me that, it was the night when you came home late night while telling me, ahh I mean, lying to me that you was in company meeting, wasn't it?!" Dongwoo raises his voice gradually.

 

"Here, they go again." I whisper to Sungyeol in flat tone, and he gives me an uncomfortable smile.

 

"No. No. Listen, I did it because I was afraid that you might misunderstood and accused me like before."

 

"No! I wouldn't accuse you if you didn't do something wrong, or else you really did cheat behind my back."

 

"I didn't! I swear to Go-"

 

"Okay, enough. We took about 15 minutes from our apartment to here, for a freaking dinner, not to watch your drama, okay?"

 

"But, Myungsoo-" Dongwoo tries to reason, but I cut him in time.

 

"Please, we have a guest today." I try to remind them calmly.

 

"Oh. I am sorry, my dear Sungyeol. We have been a bad hosts even in our first meeting. My mistake." Dongwoo apologies.

 

"No, no, don't say that. It's my fault, I shouldn't have said something so ridiculous like that. But believe me, I didn't mean it to be a misunderstanding. Sorry, Dongwoo-ssi, Hoya-ssi." Sungyeol feels bad all of sudden.

 

"Nooo. Not your mistake. Nor mine too. But, Hoya's." Dongwoo shows his gummy smile to Sungyeol, but when he turns to Hoya, his facial expression drops straightaway. "And, you, we are gonna talk later." He says with gritted teeth.

 

Nothing much happen thereafter, we enjoy the meal with awkward silence enveloping us. Of course, the main source of the gloomy dinner aura is Dongwoo's death glares to Hoya every now and then during dinner. And I don't even bother to in and reunite them back, because I know this lovebirds will eventually find their way to solve this matter, sooner or later. But for now, I don't think it's a good idea to let them be, because Sungyeol will feel bad, thinking that all of this commotion are his fault.

 

I sigh.

 

"Don't be childish, you two. Stop the glare, Dongwoo. And, Hoya keep your head up, explain." I finally let myself being dragged into this stupid matter.

 

"But I won't hea-"

 

"Dongwoo-ssi, please let him explain. It's a misunderstanding." Sungyeol tries to help, with his twinkling hopeful eyes.

 

"Fine. 5 minutes from now on." Dongwoo sighs, finally giving up.

 

"Uh, I don't know where to start-"

 

"4 minutes left."

 

"Alright. Alright. First, I didn't lie, okay? Well, at least not all of it is a lie, just partly."

 

Dongwoo shoots Hoya a y look.

 

"So, I was going to hold a meeting with my company staffs, but in the end, we delayed it untill next week. Then I met Myungsoo when I was on the way home. So, that was how we ended up drunk in a bar where I met Sungyeol."

 

Dongwoo still has a hard time to believe, he gazes his lover with narrowing eyes.

 

"Believe me, I didn't lie!"

 

"Yes, he didn't lie, Dongwoo-ah." I add.

 

"Okay. I am going to let it slide this time. Just because I believe in Myungsoo and Sungyeol more than you. They won't lie to me, unlike you."

 

Hoya slumps his shoulders down, part of him is annoyed that Dongwoo doesn't believe him yet, but part of him feels relieved that he won't face the raging Dongwoo later.

 


 

Sungyeol's POV

 

Current time is showing 09.45 P.M.

 

But here we are, in Yadong's, or so like what Myungsoo calls them, living room, in front of the big plasma screen which is now playing some action movie.

 

"That was a boring movie. Play another one." Myungsoo who is laying sprawled in the long sofa complains after the movie ended.

 

"Uh, I think horror movie would be great." Dongwoo jumps up and down in excitedment, Hoya who sits by his side busily flipping through disc holder, looking for a good horror movie, until he finds one.

 

"The Exorcist, anyone?" Hoya puts the disc on the DVD player, Dongwoo stands up to turn off the lights.

 

"One of my favourites." Myungsoo says.

 

And me? I hate horror movie. So maybe I will just secretly disappear from this room and get out from the house then go back by myself. Eh, no, no, it's dangerous, the ghost might following me around if I am alone. But I don't want to watch it. Or maybe I should just go back to the kitchen, eating some leftovers while listening to some musics. No, being in the kitchen alone also too dangerous, it might make me be an easy prey for the ghost. So, what to do?

 

"ARGHH." It's so frustating that I unconciously screaming out loud.

 

"Huh? What's wrong, Yeol?" Myungsoo gives me a worry look.

 

"Ah, it's nothing. I am just... well just forget it."

 

"Really? You sure are fine?" Now it's Dongwoo who looks so worried, followed with Hoya's confused expression.

 

"No. I am really fine."

 

"Okay." Although Myungsoo has said okay, he still gives me that look, making me unwillingly focus on the screen ahead.

 

Everything seems fine until now, but...

 

"RAWRRRRR!" The ghost suddenly appears on the screen, and I jump off my feet, shivering madly while closing eyes, but fortunately I could surpress my scream, though I am sure my lips would bleed soon if I keep biting onto it.

 

"Ohmygod. Ohmygod." I say silently.

 

After a few minutes, I open my eyes again. Still whimpering quitely, I glue my gazes back to the screen.

 

But, another mini heart-attack comes, the scary face with a slit-mouth and pair of dark eyes fills the whole screen.

 

This time, I couldn't hold my scream anymore.

 

"HHHUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

 

My whole body shakes violently, my eyes screw shut and my trembling lips keep sending out silent prayers.

 

Just in a matter of seconds, I could feel pair of rough hands cupping my wet cheeks, the thumbs slowly wipes away the trails of hot tears that keep flowing from my closed eyes. Oh I don't even know since when I have been a crying mess like this. Damn. It's embarassing.

 

"Shhh. It's fine. I am with you now." So a soft voice says.

 

Slowly but eventually I feel myself being lulled by the comforting words dripped from the rich tone.

 

It's fine.

I am with you now.

 

On cue, everything comes to halt and my world spins so hard, till the point I could hear my frantic heartbeats calm down gradually as the words echoes in my ears. It takes me a good minutes before my eyes snap opened and the first thing I see that time has managed to take my breath away.

 

"Myungsoo." I don't know why my tears keep streaming out, I don't know whether it's of fright or relief. I just can't seem to stop it before a pair of toned arms wraps around me like a warm blanket in the cold night. And it is all I need for that moment.

 

"Shh. Stop crying, Yeol." Myungsoo comforts me as his hand works its magic to soothe me in a circle motion on my back.

 

I look at him, for a long excruciating time. And when my tears have stopped and my vision clears up. My chest constricts, not in pain, but it just feels suffocating. I steal another glance at Myungsoo for any sign of pity or disdain but instead those dark orbs me into a loving smile and warm empathy. My heart explodes and soars at the sight.

 

God. Myungsoo looks just exactly like a knight in shining armour, which is made for me, only me.

 

What? I shake my head. . I am too caught up at the moment. Wake up, Lee Sungyeol! You're not damnsel in distress.

 

I break away from his hug, wiping the left traces of tear with my sleeves and standing up abruptly.

 

"I-I need to go now." I am ready to leave when Myungsoo suddenly blocks my way out. He looks almost like pleading and screaming in worry, but I am not sure of it by myself.

 

"With me."
 

"No. It's fine. I can get back by myself."
 

"No, I am the one who take you here."

 

"Myungsoo, I said it's fine." I walk past him quickly but he holds me by the elbow.

 

"Don't ever think of going back without me."

 

I sigh.

 

He looks so serious with his unwavering gazes and nothing would change his mind. I know it.

 

"Fine." I whisper lowly, giving up.

 

"Get back safely." Dongwoo waves at us with Hoya does the same by his side when we walk out the house.

 

I smile, "Thankyou for the dinner, Dongwoo-ssi, Hoya-ssi." I bow at them.

 

"Nah, it's our pleasure. And please drop the formality, we are friends now, right?" Hoya smiles warmly, so does Dongwoo.

 

"See you both soon." Myungsoo also bids his goodbye before the car drives into the highway.

 


 

Myungsoo's POV

 

None of us talk ever since our leaving from Yadong's house.

 

"So..." I just feel the need to break the ice so I did.

 

I know I shouldn't have bring this up, but I couldn't help it, curiosity got the best of me.

 

Sungyeol stays silent for a good moment. I thought he would tell me off and say he needs a space but then when I peek at him, he sighs heavily.

 

"So, it starts when I was 6. It was late night when I decided to sneak off and watch a midnight movie. Only then, I realised it was a horror movie. definitely not a good choice for a kid who used to watch rainbow unicorn all those time before. And so yeah, since then I have constant nightmare about ghost, and it kinda haunted me every night. Until it become a fear for me now. That's why I didn't watch any of it anymore." Sungyeol shrugs as he recalls the bad memory.

 

"Ah. So, Phasmopobhia?" I conclude.

 

"Yeah, something like that."

 

"Then why you force yourself to watch it, you should have told us."

 

"I want to, but I was afraid that you guys might laugh at me. Hell, it was embarrasing okay?"

 

"No, we won't!" I interject quickly, "Why we need to laugh? Everyone have a fear too, but it's not a flaw. It just something you need to overcome. Nothing should be ashamed of, really. No one is perfect, right?"

 

Sungyeol smiles at my words, "You are right."

 

"Of course. I always right." And he snorts.

 

I am glad he is smiling now. I won't ever let that precious face stained with tears anymore, never. Because I value that bright smile over everything.

 

That's my promise.

 


 

Yo everyone. Take me long enough to finally make a come back huhuhu T.T

I know this chapter won't be enough to be my apology, because it just plain boring.

But I think next chapter will be better, tho idk when I will have time to update it. Miannn~

 

And, actually I kinda stuck, my brain just can't work at all, you know the story just went out of shape /cries/

So that's why I plan to make another new story with different genre so my brain will work to create more ideas, probably crime or angst, or whatever genre you can suggest, what do you think?