Without you

Where Love Takes A Plight

Hiiiii everyone! Did anyone wonder where I had been? Keke.


 

Sungyeol's POV

 

I am awaken to another cold morning in Jeju. Ahh, it has been a month since my arrival here, which means that I will return back to Seoul soon.

 

"Hah..." I sigh to myself as I draw my curtains open, revealing the panoramic view of Jeju beach in the morning. It is still early, but the view is as breath-taking as always.The birds are flying high in groups scattering around blue sky, the beach waves hit the shore with high tides, a few fisherman are already littering around probably digging for clams, fishes or even crabs to be sold in the market later.

 

I glance at my phone on the nightstand beside the bed, checking whether I get any missed call or message, which unfortunately I get none.

 

"It has been days." I say to no one. Well, it has been a week to be exact, since Myungsoo's sudden disappearance from Yadong's house, leaving me and the owners of the house puzzled about his whereabout. He didn't even leave us any message upon his leaving. He left us just like that without news. I don't get him, really.

 

I drag my luggage along the corridor to the receptionist desk to check out, when I receive a message from...

 

"Myungsoo?" I blink my eyes in shock.

 

Myungsoo? Is it really him?

I even ask myself in disbelief. In fact, I have been trying to get in contact with him since his disappearance, I tried to send him lots of message, yet I received nothing in response, I even called him too, but he didn't pick any of it. And now, he sends me a message, after all this commotion.

 

Shakily, my fingers move to slide across the screen, opening the unexpected message.

 

From : Myungie

Yeol-ah, how are you?

It's a been a while. I am sorry that I left you without any message the other day. But something came up, so I got to go. I know you must be mad, and I didn't expect you to forgive me anytime soon, because I know I deserve it for my rude disappearance.

I just want you to know, that I don't leave you, not at all. I just have lots of matter to be handled here. But as soon as I am done, I will get in touch with you again. My promise <3

Take care :*

 

I feel like I will tear up soon, but fortunately I don't.

 

The message. I feel as if he is trying to relay indirect meaning behind it. Does something really happen or he is just trying to avoid me? I don't know the answer for sure, but I decide to believe him for now.

 

I sigh for the umpteenth time today. Well, I feel relieved now that he finally gives me some news about his condition, but I feel sad too about the fact that we won't be able to see other for who know how long it will be.

 

It's sure gonna be a long day ahead.

 


 

Myungsoo's POV

 

I sigh to myself as I finally send my message to Sungyeol. Ahh I feel bad, seriously. All of this shouldn't be happened, if only my dad didn't force me to get back here.

 

I heave another sigh. It's sure has been such a hard day for me, everyday, after my return to Seoul. Because as soon as I arrive here, my dad stacks me up with all the business stuff, he even has his personal assistant stays by my side 24/7, in case if I try to escape from the 'reality' once again. That's reason why I haven't been updating Sungyeol about myself. It's because I barely have time for myself.

 

Yeah, I am restless, and it's all thanks to my dad.

 

I guess I even look like now, my hair is unruled due my frequency of ruffling it every now and then, my face looks dark, well as dark as my favourite color, and my eyes, they sure look lifeless now, with thick dark circles around them.

 

Knock. Knock.

Oh-ow. Someone is coming.

 

Quickly I hide my phone back inside the drawer. Well, I can't risk one of the officers telling my dad about me playing with my phone, which surely, will lead my dad to bring back his assistant by my side. Oh, please don't. I just feel a freedom for a while, after got rid of his bodyguard that had stucked with me since a week ago. So I hope that awful experience will never happen again.

 

A young woman dressed in her formal attire with her black silky hair tied into a ponytail, walks in with bunch of document paper on her hold.

 

"President Kim." She calls with such honorific.

 

"Yes?" I look up from the Mac that I was pretending to focus on just now.

 

"This is our merging proposal with Jung Corporation. Please check it out."

 


 

Normal's POV

 

"I'm home!" Sungyeol greets as soon as he steps into his house in Seoul.

 

The rest of Lee family, which have been deeply enggrosed in their own conversations in the living room quickly snap their heads in sync toward Sungyeol when they hear his voice, looking a bit pale and startled at his sudden appearance.

 

"Oh! You're back, honey!" Sungyeol's mom immediately jumps off her feets and lungs forward to hug his oldest son.

 

"HYUNG!" Daeyeol shrieks out loud while joining the hugging session between mother and son.

 

"Ahhh, my dearest son." Well, actually Sungyeol's dad decides to join them as well.

 

In result, Sungyeol feels like being squeezed out of his life with the rest three crashing him down in bear hug.

 

"Ehem!" Sungyeol clears his throat awkwardly. Well, he doesn't mean to ruin this rare harmonious moment of his family, but seriously he need to breath, man.

 

"Oh sorry." Finally, Sungyeol's dad lets go of him first, followed by his younger brother and... ok, his mom still decides to stick with him.

 

"Mom." Sungyeol whispers, and his mom lets go involuntary after being pulled by his dad, that's why Sungyeol makes a side note to thanks his dad later. But not now, since he is dead tired. He has no energy left after a long flight.

 

"So, how is the holiday? Nice?" His mom starts her question.

 

"Well-" Sungyeol barely answers the first question when his mom asks for another one.

 

"Oh, did you meet pretty girls-" She sequeals excitedly, but only to be halted by her younger son's remark, "With big ies?"

 

"Daeyeol!" Both, Sungyeol and his mom, warn in unison, but his dad only elbows the youngest with small chuckles.

 

"What?" Daeyeol asks innocently. Well, you are not that innocent, boy.

 

"So, do you meet any?" His mom tries to ignore Daeyeol's stupid remark as she continues her interrogation.

 

"I..." Sungyeol seriously doesn't have any idea how to explain that he didn't meet girls-with bobbies-instead he met a guy-with outstanding face-to his mom, so all he does is just stuttering like a fool.

 

"Sungyeol." His mom's eyes get wide in a second, suspicion fills her head, "Don't say that..." Her tone looks like she is gonna slaughtered his own son soon if his answer doesn't match her expectation, which makes Sungyeol shiver due the thought.

 

"I need to rest." Sungyeol reasons out as he quickly escapes to save his dear life.

 


 

Myungsoo checks his own reflection in the mirror in front of him, just to make sure he looks presentable enough for an important meeting which he will be in soon.

 

"President Kim." His secretary calls out.

 

"Yes. I will be there in a minute." He says as he looks up once again to the mirror ahead, determination is all written on his face. No matter what, he vows to himself that he will get his proposal accepted, in order to get his wish granted by his dad.

 

Soon, he paces his feets out from the room toward the hall where the meeting will be held. He then walks in professionally as he takes his seat in the middle of the table, right beside a man whom he will work with.

 

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Kim." Jung Yunho, or well known as the president of Jung Corporation, one of the biggest company in South Korea, greets Myungsoo formally.

 

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Jung." Myungsoo greets with a smile as he shakes his work partner's hand.

 

"Let's start the presentation now."

 


 

"Sungyeol-ah, where are you going?" Sungjong, one of Sungyeol's colleagues, asks him when he sees Sungyeol is going to walk down the stairs.

 

"Strorage room." Sungyeol replies.

 

"It's on the first floor. Why do you use stairs instead of lift?" Sungjong says confusely.

 

"Well, I think I might need a little exercise since my body seems a bit stiff after such a long break."

 

"You sure?" Sungjong asks worriedly, but Sungyeol only nods eagerly before he turns to walk down the stairs.

 

"It's weird." Sungjong mumbles silently. Well, it's weird enough for Sungjong who have known Sungyeol long before, to see him behaving unusual, and looks extra gloomy after his return from vacation.

 

Sungyeol is already half way down to the storage room when he starts to pant heavily, sweats start to trickle down his forehead.

 

But instead of stopping in his track to take a breath, he accelerates his pace, dashing down in full speed, which causes him to pant even more.

 

"Sungyeol!" Sungjong's voice echoes through Sungyeol's hearing as his body finally crashes down.

 

"AKKKHHHH!" Sungyeol screams in agony when his chest constricts in pain.

 


 

The appreciation claps can be heard as soon as the big screen that displayed the presentation goes off. And, both Myungsoo and Yunho stand up from their positions to face each other with thin smiles grazing their features.

 

"I am satisfied with the presentation result." Yunho says.

 

Myungsoo smiles gleefully.

 

"I am looking forward to work with you, Kim Myungsoo-ssi."

 

"I won't disappoint you, Jung Yunho-ssi."

 

Myungsoo is more than glad, it's like killing two birds with one stone. He gets to work with the biggest company in Seoul and he gets his wish granted too.

 


 

"Baby-ah, Eat this. Aaahhh-"

 

"Mom, I can eat it by myself."

 

Sungyeol has been jutting his lower lip out since the time he get 'kicked out' from his office forcefully, and now he even pouts deeper when his mom treats him like a kid.

 

What was happening? Okay, let's rewind.

Back to the scene where Sungyeol almost collapsed and...

 

"SUNGYEOOLL!" Sungjong screamed in his high-pitch tone.

 

Sungyeol quickly covered his ears as Sungjong ran toward him.

 

"What the hell, Jong?" Sungyeol cursed with winced expression, it's either because the pain in his chest or because of his hurted eardrums.

 

Ignoring the question completely, the pretty boy quickly squatted down beside the taller man on the floor.

 

"You okay? Are you hurt somewhere?" The younger man asked worriedly.

 

"No, I-"

 

"Wait. I am gonna call others to help you and I will send you home."

 

"But-"

 

Yeah, that's how he gets sent off from his work, thanks to his caring colleague.

 

"Yeol-ah. Aaahhh~"

 

"Mom, please." Sungyeol ruffles his hair frustatedly.

 

"What?"

 


 

Myungsoo has a big smile plastered on his face as he gets into his dad's office.

 

"Dad." He calls the older man cautiously, causing the other to look up from files that he has been focusing on.

 

"Oh, Myungsoo. What's the matter?" His dad asks as he tucks the files back in between the bunch of paper on his desk.

 

Myungsoo hands the document to his dad who receives it confusely.

 

"It's..." His dad's frown forms gradually as he scans the content in the document.

 

"My proposal gets accepted."

 

"You did great." His dad compliments him flatly without a smile of congratulate. But Myungsoo doesn't mind it at all, actually.

 

"So..." Myungsoo starts off, and his dad gives him a stern look. "As what you've promised, I can get my day off this weekend, right?" He asks expectantly.

 

Instead of answering, his dad ponders for a while, before he unwillingly agrees.

 

"Yeah."

 

Myungsoo breaks into a huge grin, "Thanks dad." He says as he makes his way out.

 

Meanwhile, after Myungsoo's leaving, his dad takes the earlier files out and gazes at it for a moment.

 

Creakkk~ Crashh!

 

And now, the files are crumpled down and tossed aside.

 


 

Can anyone guess what is that files?

By the way, I did drop some hints in this chapter and if you read it thoroughly you will get what I mean.

 

See ya around soon~