Meeting

Where Love Takes A Plight

Hey there! I am sorry for taking a month to update. I'm sorry, really.

But, for now, please enjoy the update, and oh, pardon for the typos and grammatical errors~

 


 

Sungyeol's POV

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have just landed at Jeju International Airport. The current temperature of Jeju Island is 24 degree Celsius. Please check all your items before your leaving. Thank you for flying with us and have a nice day." The air stewardess’ voice can be heard from the broadcaster as soon as the plane touch down.

 

Slowly everyone takes their own respective luggage before heading to exit the plane orderly in a line.

 

"Ah." I breath out in relief as my feet finally step into the airport.

 

Actually the plane trip has gone well as expected, but because I'm not used to traveling long trips doing nothing, so I feel quite bored to have to stay still in the cramped space with my long limps and without having anything to do, as you have known, it is my workaholic nature, so you can’t blame me. But aside from being bored to death, everything is good.

 

I walk in slow pace with my head hangs low, totally absorb in my phone instead of the road ahead. And as you can guess, I bump into others here and there, earning clicking of tongues and snickering from the people I knock into, yet I don’t really care about all annoyed and judgemental looks that are being aimed at me from my surrounding.

 

Until...

 

"Yah!" A sudden baritone yell is heard from nowhere, successfully in gaining my full attention.

 

I finally look up from my phone, only to be greeted by the piercing look of a man around his thirty who is holding a little crying girl in his huge hands and an empty ice cream cone in his other hand. 

 

"Uh... Yes, sir? How can I help you?" I ask awkwardly.

 

Crack.

 

Suddenly, the empty ice cream cone in the man's hold crushes into pieces, causing me wince slightly at the disturbing sound.

 

Oh god. I squeak internally.

 

I divert my eyes from poor cone back to the man's strict face.

 

"How can I help you?" He mimics me. "Do you know what your problem is, kid?" The muscular man asks, his eyes daring me to talk back at him.

 

"I-I... I don't know, sir." I answer him honestly and softly. Hell, even though I am slightly taller than him I definitely feel like a rabbit caught in the headlight of a driving car.

 

"What?!" His eyes budging out.

 

'Oh-oh. Wrong answer.' I curse myself silently when I see the man's face slowly turning into crimson red. This isn't a good sign.

 

"Look, kid. I have no time for your joke."

 

I keep my mouth shut, afraid to make any mistake again, maybe simply making a sound might anger him further, I conclude.

 

"You don’t know? Okay, I’ll tell you now. You have just made my daughter's ice cream drop onto the floor, I demand for an apologise, right now." He commands, emphasising the word ‘now’ with his eyes glaring at me.

 

"Huh?" I stare at him like a dummy, before I snap out of it quickly, as I finally get what he was saying. I tend to drift away when someone speak to me. My bad.

 

Just when I am about to open my mouth to apologise to him, he shakes his head slowly and points at his daughter who is bawling with all her tears and snivel mixed together. Disgraceful.

 

'What?! Did he just ask me to apologise... To a KID? What the-' But when I look back to his stern face. He stares at me, starting to crack his knuckles. I gulp at the sight. Okay. Screw my pride. I am not ready to face my death right now. Just not yet. At least wait until the 6 months had come to an end and I don’t want my cute face to be bruised up in anyway.

 

I nod once squatting down so that I am looking at the small girl at her eye level to make it more comfortable for her.

 

"Hey, cutie. Oppa is sorry, okay? Oppa didn't mean to make your ice cream fall." I speak cutely while showing my gummy smile, hoping the girl will nod and set me free from her scary father, but nope, it doesn't happen the way I hope it will.

 

"Idiot! Blurbbbbbb!" The little girl spits her saliva right onto my face before she turns away from me, my face scrunchs with disgust. EW. What the . How dare she did that?!

 

Like father, like daughter. Annoying people are always together.

 

Damn it. It is damn gross.

 

I close my eyes, totally offended, as I wipe her saliva off from my handsome face by using a piece of tissue that I get from my pocket. By the time I straighten my back and stand up again, the man and his obnoxious daughter have already walked away.

 

I sigh to myself in relief.

 

"Oh!" The man suddenly turns back to me, making me shiver a bit. What does he want again?

 

"I think I forget something." He says as he approaches me again. "As someone that is older than you, I think I have a responsibility to give you advice, kid. I suggest you to go back to your mum soon. Because I know she must be so worried right now. You know, I'm a parent too so, of course I know her feeling well. Kid, you need to know that rebellion isn't the best way to solve your problem." The man says before he takes his leave with his daughter once again.

 

I stare at his back that is slowly disappearing into the crowd, too dumbstruck to react or to walk.

 

"What? Did he just think that I am kid that is trying to run away?" I ask myself while laughing menacingly.

 

That is stupid. Really.

 

I am freaking 23 years old adult and I am having vacation here, not a runaway from home. In fact, excuse him, I am sent away by my dearest mum that he have just asked me to go back to. HA. What a laugh.

 

"What the hell?!" I curse unconsciously, but only to realise that I have just said that out loud when everyone around me throws me the are-you-crazy look.

 

Quickly I bow in apology before I pace my legs to find the taxi stand nearby, embarrassed.

 

However, just before I turn my back, I catch a glimpse of shadow watching me from afar. I feel the hair on my neck standing. Boy, that is creepy.

 

Ugh. Maybe just my feelings.

 

I decide to ignore that weird feeling brewing in my stomach and get into the taxi that I manage to flag down. I know sometimes I am too sensitive.

 

So, here I am.

 

"AH!" I sigh tiredly as I flop myself onto the comfortable bed. Oh, it feel like heaven and the bed is super fluffy and soft. After a long tiring day, finally I get some rest, in peace with nobody bugging me and disturbing me.

 

A small nap could come in handy, especially after the flight and the small commotion that happened into the airport just now. Jeez. Some luck I have. But I won’t bother about all those right now. I will just rest, and to get back all the rest I deserve for working so hard.

 

Slowly, I drift to my dreamland.

 


 

Myungsoo's POV

 

'Myungsoo-ah, you did it.' I pat myself on the back mentally while dragging my luggage (It is a black suitcase, for your information) into the lobby of the apartment where I will be staying during my 'vacation'.

 

Ignoring the annoying squealing of girls and women around me, I walk elegantly to the receptionist counter.

 

I know. I know. Hard to contain the excitement due to my charm, right? Too bad. I am too handsome for you all, ers. I look at the jealous men around me with a small smirk.

 

Yuck. I am beginning to get narcissi syndrome. But you can’t blame me either. Blame it to my incredible and perfect good look. What can I do when I have all the good genes?

 

"Good afternoon sir. How can I help you?" The woman dressses in a white t-shirt and grey blazer behind the counter greets me politely with a small smile. She doesn’t seem to be affected by my outstanding face, which is good, because I can’t stand people who serve me fangirling over me. It is just plain disturbing and my time is too precious.

 

"Yes, I have a reservation under the name Kim Myungsoo."

 

"Please wait for a few minutes, sir. I will look it up for you." She replies professionally. The receptionist types something on the keyboard in a great speed while her eyes busily scans the monitor.

 

"Oh, yes. A VVIP apartment room reserved under Mr Kim Myungsoo name, is that correct?" She looks up.

 

"That's correct." I offer a curt nod.

 

"Can I have your passport, please?” She asks politely and I hand it over to her.

 

"Here you go."

 

"Please fill out this form in the meanwhile, sir, and then you can proceed to check in to your room." The receptionist hands me a piece of form that is yet to be filled.

 

I smile politely as I take the form and fill it up quickly.

 

"Done." I hand her back the paper and she quickly checks it.

 

"Alright, sir. Now, please sign here." She points at the bottom of the paper. "And here is your room key."

 

"Thank you.“ I show her my killer smile as I take my leave for the life lobby.

 

"You're welcome, sir. Enjoy your stay here and have a nice day ahead." The receptionist returns the smile and slightly bows.

 


 

Sungyeol's POV

 

Brrrrppp.

Brrrrrrrrp.

Brrrrrrrrrrp.

 

I wake up in a startled. Yawning and scratching is the first thing that I do as I sit myself up on the bed. My long hand reaches out for my vibrating phone from the nightstand but only to be blinded by the bright light from the glaring screen and I automatically squint my eyes to adapt to the brightness. It is a message.

 

From: Mum

Hey, honey. Have you arrive there safely? Why you didn't call, baby? I am so worry.

Received 03.46 P.M.

 

Goodness, I forget to text mum upon my arrival.

 

To: Mum

Sorry, mum, I forgot. I was too tired so I took a nap. And I am not a kid anymore so please stop worrying me."

Sent now.

 

I get up lazily and walk toward the window curtains to draw them to the side a little so that the sunlight can get into my room but it isn’t bright though, it is almost dusk.

 

"It's already in the late afternoon?" I mumble to myself hoarsely. Water. I need water. I reach for one of the bottles of mineral water and drink some after my eyes spot those sitting on the table. My throat feel better.

 

Hah. I better take a bath now, I feel all sticky and gross after the sleep.

 


 

Myungsoo's POV

 

"Phone? Check. Wallet? Check. Hm... Something is missing." I look around my room, rubbing my nape.

 

Oh! There you are! My eyes fall on a particular black object.

 

"Camera! Check!" I smile lovingly when I spot my precious camera sitting gracefully on the small desk in my room.

 

"Perfect.” That's the only word I can say to describe myself when I look into my own reflection in front of the mirror, giving myself a small smirk.

 

"Let's start our adventure, should we, babe?" I wink to my camera.

 

Okay. I may look insane now. But who cares? I walk out of my hotel room coolly with my precious baby hang around my neck.

 

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

After my warm bath, I feel refreshed and I smile in content as I walk to where my luggage is placed.

 

"Hm... What should I wear?" I rummage my luggage to find proper clothes, I only have a towel around my waist, one of my bad habit of never getting dressed before coming out of the bathroom.

 

Black shirt? Nah, I will look like attending a funeral. I chuck the shirt back into my luggage.

 

Plain t-shirt? Hm. Too simple. I chuck it back as well.

 

White V-neck shirt? Perfect. I will look so damn hot, I can even show off my prominent collarbones. I smile as I change into the chosen shirt and a black skinny jeans.

 

Ready to go? Right! Let’s go Lee Sungyeol!

 

I check my phone for the last time as I head out from my room.

 

From : Mum

Ah I see. You must worn out by the plane journey. Okay, honey. I know you're not a kid anymore but I'm just worried as a mum. Just don't forget to have your dinner. Have fun there <3

Received 16.57 P.M.

 

I smile when I see the cute love sign from mum. After I reply to her message, I keep my phone back into my pocket. Dinner sounds good right now, with my stomach empty and all.

 

Bulgogi? Nangmyeon? Samgyetang?

 

Argh, whatever. I'll decide later. I ruffle my damp hair a little. For now, I will go and have a walk along the beach.

 

"Jeju beach, I am coming!" I shout out cheerfully.

 

As expected, there are a few good restaurants around Jeju beach which successfully catch my eyes as soon as I see the cosy interior of the place through the glass window.

 

"Hm..." I inhale the inviting smell of the chicken soup deeply as soon as step into the restaurant. It smell really good.

 

I enter one of the restaurants and settle down quickly, the waiter smile at me as he hands me one of the menus. I decide to order bulgogi and rice to go with it. My foods arrive within fifteen minutes, still steaming hot.

 

Without any second thought, I pick up my chopsticks and eay quickly like I haven't eaten for 3 days. That, of course, attract unnecessary attentions and some judging looks from other guests, but I don't care. You know, those strange looks can't feed you up, right? So, why bother about them? Just enjoy life the way I should. I shrug and continue eating to my heart’s content.

 


 

Myungsoo's POV

 

Click. Click.

 

A few snap here. And a few snaps there.

 

Yeah, since my departure from my hotel room an hour ago, I can’t stop myself from snapping pictures of my surrounding. Jeju is such a beautiful place, I don’t regret coming here at all. In fact I am glad that I have chosen to come here. Beside the Jeju scenery, I also take some pictures of the people passing by.

 

Like what I am doing now.

 

I secretly take a picture of an old couple who are linking their arms together, with the old lady's head placed on the man's shoulder, they seem enjoying their walk on the bridge at Jeju beach peacefully, and with the natural effect of the sunset, it has only make the picture more romantic than ever.

 

CLICK!

 

"Perfect." I mutter under my breath when I see the picture displayed on my DSLR screen.

 

Satisfied with the result, I stroll down the road to find another interesting object for my photography collection.

 

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

"Hah. I am so full right now." I say to myself as I slowly rub my chubby tummy that is getting pretty obvious after the amount of food I have just eaten.

 

I throw a glance to my side, the huge glass window, only to be met with a marvellous scenery of Jeju beach which successfully catch me in awe. How can I not be amazed by it? With the crystal-like water flowing quietly, accompanies with the little rolling waves, purplish red contour as the background and some birds chirping happily as the sound effect, isn't that the most gorgeous thing on earth?

 

After I have settled the bill for the meal, I walk out of the restaurant towards the wide bridge in middle of Jeju beach.

 

"Hm.." I hum softly as I feel the autumn breeze hits my face.

 

I think a vacation is a good idea now. Just by walking here all alone, I can feel a little bit of my burden being lift up and I am actually relaxing. I feel so much better now. I think it has been a long time since my last visit here. Nothing has changed much. The beach is still beautiful and the scenery still great as before. Well I should thank mum later when I return home.

 

Still walking along the side of the bridge, I try to enjoy the scenery as much as I can, placing my hands on the railing and looking out to the sea. The salty smell of the seawater is pretty refreshing and the waves that hit the side of the bridge make an unique music to my ears.

 

'It's really relaxing here, isn't it?' A small voice in my mind asks me.

 

"Yeah, it is. It's perfect. " I whisper it while my eyes slowly closing, a small smile displaying on my face, clearly enjoying myself.

 

Everything seems so perfect now. I think I practically have everything now. It's complete, right? I have a nice job with high salary. I have quite a decent amount of savings that are definitely enough for me to buy two more cars and a huge house all at once and the remaining can still last till I die. I have a loving family that care for me. Yeah, my life almost reach the perfect line, except the fact that I still don't have anyone special to share all the happiness with--

 

CLICK.

 

Right on cue, there will always something come into the scene to disturb my relaxing time. I'm really annoyed. Whoever that has just disturbed me spending my own quality time will suffer. It's not easy for me to enjoy myself like this, and yet someone just has to be there to spoil things for me.

 

I snap my eyes open quickly and turn my head towards the source of noise, annoyance and fury plaster onto my face as I glare at whoever that is.

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo's POV

 

I think it has been an hour or so since my leaving from the hotel, yet I still refuse to leave this fascinating place.

 

Snap.

 

I take a random picture of two birds settling down on the tree branch sharing a piece of crackers.

 

"It's so cute." I smile as I look down on my camera screen, at the same time, mentally take note that I have improved in my photography skills.

 

Packing my things up ready to leave, when I see someone, or a man to be exact, walking on the bridge alone. And without I myself realising it, my legs already walk by themselves, following the strange man. Yeah, he is strange, I admit. You know, it's autumn now, and the sky almost dark, yet he still chooses to against the chilling wind to walk here by himself. Not mentioning he is just wearing a white shirt and black skinny jeans. It's pretty windy at night on Jeju island. Weird.

 

The man stops in his track all of sudden, causing me to stop as well, because I think the man probably realise that he was being followed. But, nah, instead the man stop and turn to his side, leaning onto the railing and closes his eyes, allowing me to take a clear look of his side profile.

 

Hell. I don't think I have seen such beauty in a man before. He is just gorgeous and beautiful. My instinct is right after all.

 

I bring my camera close to my face, and close my left eyes so that I can focus on the figure that I'm about to take, adjusting the lens and angling my camera so to aim my target perfectly, and...

 

CLICK.