Bombshell

Where Love Takes A Plight

AAAAAYYY GURL! I COME BACK~ Damn, bet you all hate me now for taking centuries to update. Sorry guise, hehe. Ya know school s and writerblock /wriggle brows/ But I have resolved it with smu- /cough/ I mean, hey at last, I come back right? /slap/ xD

So. Who are the lovelies who are waiting for update? Here you go!

 


 

Myungsoo looks up at the starry sky while walking out from the garage toward his front door. He heaves a content sigh, completely pleased of himself. Of course, tonight is just have to be one of his best night ever. How could it be not? He just confessed and got his feeling accepted. Now he is even in relationship with someone he loves ever since only-God-know-how-long-it-has-been. Oh life couldn't get any better right?

 

Grinning from ear to ear, Myungsoo slings his jacket over his shoulder and unlocks the huge wooden door to his mansion.

 

"I'm home." He announces happily. Damn, he usually never been so excited to be home, but today is an exception since he has a really good night just now and obviously gonna brags about it to his family.

 

"Oh hey, hyung!" His little brother, Moonsoo goes to greet him. But Myungsoo frowns when his brother flashes him such a hideous smirk. Uh... What is that supposed to mean? 

 

"Hey! You haven't sleep?" Decides to just shrug off the matter, Myungsoo tries to act indifferent about it as he checks his watch and indeed it's already close to midnight by now. His brother usually never sleep this late since he is still in high school and has morning classes.

 

"Well." Moonsoo circles his older brother and gives him the exact creepy smile he has since the moment Myungsoo stepped in, "I don't want to miss your 'guest', hyung." He whispers and chuckles lightly before running toward the kitchen. Myungsoo raises his brow. Okay. This is definitely not normal. And what the heck? Guest? Who? He doesn't get a chance to think further though.

 

"Myungsoo-ah."

 

Oh. He knows exactly whose this voice belong to. He looks up to welcome the woman who had gave birth to him with huge smile, but soon his smile falters with the sight ahead of him.

 

What in the world is going on?

 

Is that... It can't be. Myungsoo squints his eyes, afraid that his eyes might do trick on him.

 

A long-haired figure is standing behind his mom, her back is being turned at him. But he knows, he knows very well whose the slender back does belong to. He doesn't need the figure to turn at him to make him recognises her.

 

That woman. The one and only woman he knew could drag him out of his cave of loneliness and give him all the amount of happiness he needed, but only to crash him down into the pit of never-ending darkness afterward. . All the past memories rush through his head like the flooding water, and it feels hella horrible to have them back. He still remembers that day very well. The day when she came to him and smiling as bright as the sunshine that he thought he would go blind at the dazzling sight. But, just then, the moment he saw she didn't come alone instead with a tan boy he acknowledged as the top dancer from freshman year in their school, he knew it was over. A total game over for him. Well, took him quite a while to move on, but in the end he did. As you see, his life is back on track now and he even has himself the most perfect boyfriend he ever wished for.

 

But just then, out of all time, she needs to come back today? Like, really?

 

"Krystal-ah, Myungsoo is here." He can hear his mom calls for her and his mind snaps back to the harsh reality.

 

Yeah. It's Krystal Jung. His ex-girlfriend.

 

She turns her head slowly and throws Myungsoo one of her famous dashing smile. If it was the other day before he met Sungyeol, he would definitely fall on his knees and beg her for another chance. But not now. Not ever again.

 

"Hi, Myungsoo-ah. Long time no see." Krystal struts toward him calmly, still putting on her best smile.

 

But the greeted man doesn't speak a word. He just gazes at her wordlessly. That is until his mom nudges him on the ribs and he returns her greeting with tight smile.

 


 

When all of them, minus Moonsoo who has been ushered to doze off in his room, rounds the living room, the atmosphere already growing thicker with awkwardness. At least that is the case for Myungsoo. Until hid dad speaks with the unusually-kind tone, making Myungsoo flinches at the sudden change of behaviour.

 

"How are you, Krystal-ah?"

 

"Oh, I'm great, uncle. I have just finished my study in New York. I'm coming back to Seoul to open up my own boutique business. How about you? I miss the Kims family, really. It's been a while." And oh, if anything she is even trying to act all-kind-and-innocent toward Myungsoo's parents which makes him wonder if she ever remembered she had broke one of the said Kim family's son's heart years ago.

 

"We're fine. Myungsoo is even doing exceptionally good for the past years after your departure." His mom comes to answer. And Krystal shifts her weight on the sofa uncomfortably. All that the Kim, except Myungsoo of course, knows that Myungsoo and Krystal broke up because the long distance relationship instead of the fact of her being a two-timing girlfriend. Yeah, Myungsoo figures it's the best option to hide it this way, since the Kim and Jung families have pretty close relationship and his father definitely won't appreciate it if he ever found out.

 

"Oh really?" She flashes an awkward grin.

 


 

"God. I can't believe it. I must be dreaming." Sungyeol yells but immediately covers his mouth tightly. Well, it isn't supposed to be a shout. He just tends to speak his thought out loud when he is overexcited. Like the folks would say, old habits die hard, right?

 

But just then, he has a foolish grin pestered on his face again that people who looks at him would have thought he does have some kind of mental issue. And Sungyeol is aware of the fact. Yeah, tell me how would you think of a lanky weirdo walking down the road in the midst of dull night while sighing dreamily at his phone screen every now and then. Okay, he knows he definitely looked like he is out of his mind, but who cares? I mean, there's only him and the dark sky--Oh look at that, the stars are even winking shyly at him as if they were actually happy for him and Myungsoo and--Wait. Now he totally sounds insane.

 

"I gotta be the luckiest person on earth now." He speaks again to the cold air, still having the huge smile on, alright he needs to admit his smile is getting too wide and it kinda hurts his cheeks, but again, who cares? Not him, obviously.

 

He walks, no, he is practically skipping in his home yard with those long legs of his. O-ow. He knows they are so going to badly when they find out later. Wait. Who are they, you may all ask--

 

"Looks like someone has just got himself a girlfriend tonight."

 

Damn. Speaking of evil. He shuts his eyes, mentally preparing himself for what about to happen in the next second. And true that.

 

"OH. MY. GAWD! Tell me is it true? Finally! My baby has all grown up now. I am so proud of you." A shrilling high-pitch scream which would probably break all the glass-materialized properties resounded as soon as he makes his way in.

 

"Really, Sungyeol-ah?" And a deep chuckle followed in, almost resemble to a deep baritone that Santa Claus in American christmas movie would have when he laughed along the children.

 

Oh talking about Santa Claus, let's make a wish, Christmas is nearing right? Sungyeol clasps his hands tight and whispers in the not-so-whisper-like tone, "Dear Santa, how I wish I could disown them." Which fortunately could be heard by the rest of now-protesting Lee family.

 

"What? That's so rude of you, boy! I didn't raise you to be ungrateful son. How dare you hurt your fragile mommy's heart." Sungyeol almost rolls his eyes when a middle-aged woman shouts exaggeratedly and gives him judging stare but as he finally unscrews his eyes, he could see the rest of habitants are also giving him the exact disapproving looks.

 

"Okay. Santa, I take that back." Sungyeol processes to make a cross sign with his hand and endes it with an unsincere 'amen'.

 

"So, tell me, who is the poor girl who need to date your pitiful , huh?" Daeyeol, his brother who looked like a carbon copy of him starts wriggling his brows in lazy manner. Stupid, Sungyeol would say everytime he sees his brother's lack-of-manner behaviour toward him.

 

"No. It's no one. I'm not dating." The oldest of Lee's son shrugs off the curious stares and whips off on his merry way. But of course, it ain't that easy, his brother has just again acted without his consent.

 

"WHOAAAA!" Daeyeol's eyes almost falls out of the socket as he sees the picture of his older brother smiling sweetly with a handsome man that he doesn't even acknowledge as the latter's friend or co-worker.

 

"DAEYEOL!" Sungyeol runs, almost like flies toward his brother, only to realise he's second late, and THUD. His cranky body has just dropped down on the cold tiles disgracefully. But no one cares, as expected from his family. His parents are already rushing toward their youngest son's side to peek on what's displayed on the screen.

 

Sungyeol quickly gets back on his feet and closes his eyes tight while sending silent prayed for his life to be spared tonight. Well, he is aware of how the Lees are now deeply engrossed with the picture of him and Myungsoo that they took earlier that night during the date. And thus makes his mind practically racing with wild possibilities of how his family would react about his relationship with another man.

 

'Oh, right. You all didn't see wrong. That handsome dork with the sweetest dimple you would ever see is Kim Myungsoo, my boyfriend. Yeah, so that makes me a gay because I am in relationship with a man, right?' NOOO! Sungyeol can't imagine himself comes out so casually and expects to get support instead of wrath. He just isn't ready to wave rainbow flag in front of his beloved family. No, not yet.

 

Though, it's too late now.

 

But a few minutes passed without commotion, there's no yell, no scream, no cries. Far too peaceful to his dismay. It's really a rare moment of silence--considering how loud and noisy his family could get--that Sungyeol would have really appreciated it if it was another time, not this exact moment obviously. 

 

He cracks one of his eyes open, and he sees nothing similar to his mom carrying sharp razor toward him or his father's furious face while he paces in mad speed or even his brother's disgusted face at him, no nothing. Okay, now it starts to creep the hell out of him. 

 

Slowly and cautiously, Sungyeol looks up and Holycow! He would have lied if he said he isn't shock at his family's reaction. 

 

There standing just a few paces from him, his parents who hold the most proud-parents look he has ever seen, hell they didn't even give him that look when he managed to snatch a manager position in his uncle's company, then there's his brother who looked the proudest among them; he is touching his chest while wiping imaginary tears from the corner of his eyes. Tch, little brat.

 

"Uh..."

 


 

Sungyeol has no idea how he got himself trapped in this bizarre situation. Just a moment ago he was stranded in blizzard of worries and anxiousness, but now he is suddenly being dragged forcefully and huddled close with his parents on each of his side and his brother trying to sequeeze in between them.

 

From afar, you might not suspect something out of normal is actually happening while in fact they kinda looked like a happy family having somekind of heart-warming gathering session. Aww that's sweet! But all those harmonious scene you have in mind would definitely crash down like the broken pieces as soon as you are getting close enough to the hearing range.

 

"Oh, please." Sungyeol sighs for the umpteenth time as his family going on about how far relationship with his boyfriend is progressing. 

 

"Is he being good to you? Does he hurt you- Or, don't tell me he's into the stuff? Oh wait- I mean it's okay if he is being a bit rough. Like hell, that's the fun part of . I always love it when your dad being so dominant on-"

 

"Mom, stop it." Sungyeol groans, obviously he doesn't need to know about his parents' life.

 

"I bet he's a beast in bed. Just look at how red our Yeollie now, he must be thinking about the wild night he has with his boyfriend right now." Great. His father is even teaming up with his hazardous mom now.

 

"Dad, it's-" Sungyeol wants to rip his hair out desperately as his words get cut off.

 

"Damn! Your boyfriend must be a god, since he is the only survivor who's capable enough to snatch my 25-years-old-brother's . Wow, I envy you. Can you imagine it, you just have with a .G.O.D-"

 

Sungyeol fights the urge to jump onto his brother when Daeyeol eyes him from head to toe as if ridiculing him.

 

"Okay. Enough. We haven't even-" And Sungyeol's sentence got cut off again in mid-way, but it isn't of his family's argument instead his phone's ringtone. Therefore, Sungyeol is ready to snap at whoever at the other line of the call, but when he looks at the caller ID, immediately his anger evaporates into the air just like that.

 

"Ooh. It must be him. It must be him. It must be-"

 

"Shut up, Daeyeol!" Sungyeol throws his jumping brother a sharp glare as he makes his escape while his parents are still busy betting on who's top and bottom and his brother is frantically waving his hands to get their attentions. 

 

Sungyeol is so close to his bedroom's door when his father's booming voice resounded through the hall calling after him.

 

"Son, we are not done here!"

 

Half-cringing, Sungyeol only waves his still-ringing phone in the air from the top of the stairs and shouts, "Later!"

 


 

"Is it nice?" Myungsoo smiles as he faces the chubby-cheeks man who is still busy munching whatever it is inside his small mouth to notice a spectator by his side.

 

"You mean the movie or this?" Sungyeol who has swallowed down the lump, tilts his head as he points at the cinema gate where they have came out from then to the big bucket of popcorn on his hold.

 

"Both." And comes a low chuckle in tow with the answer. It makes Sungyeol breaks into a huge grin, his infamous gummy smile stretched across his face.

 

"Well, I'm lovin it." Sungyeol copies one of the famous American fast food restaurant chain with the big-red-lips clown as the primary mascot.

 

In reply, Myungsoo raises brow, partially amused, and it earn him an offended 'what' and pouting lips from the other man by his side.

 

"So you love them better than me?" Purposely Myungsoo teases the other, knowing very well Sungyeol would whine and shoot him judging stare stating you-are-so-childish whlist himself are not any better.

 

"Of course, I loveee you better, fool!" Sungyeol screams, dragging the word a little too long, enough to make him blush and fluster at the stink eyes given by pedestrians around them accompanied with Myungsoo boisterous-and-satisfied laugh.

 

But in the midst of his laughter, Myungsoo falls silent as a familiar feminine face came across his mind and he suddenly feels sense of uneasiness heighten up in his chest. He just knows something very wrong is about to blow up before his eyes but he can't grasp the upcoming scene just yet.

 

"Myungsoo, what's wrong?" The worried tone invades Myungsoo's train of thought before he glances at his side to find his boyfriend creasing his brows at him. The affection makes Myungsoo's chest rumble in the undefined warmth, slowly he lets loose the tension brewing inside him.

 

'Right. I should worry nothing, as long as I have you with me.' Myungsoo smiles, flashing his dimple in process.

 

Sungyeol frowns, about to ask more but Myungsoo beats him to it.

 

"Sungyeol-ah."

 

"Yeah?" Still frowning, Sungyeol answers cautiously.

 

A prolonged silence and another heaves of sigh, before one of them speaks up.

 

"I just want you to know." Myungsoo says, smiling brightly at the other. "No matter what come in our way, believe me, I will fight them for us."

 

"I know." Sungyeol cracks a smile and his shoulder is less tense now.

 

"Even if the world go against us, I will always find my way to be with you. I promise, no one can break us apart."

 

"I know." And again Sungyeol breaks into a goofy grin at Myungsoo's cheesy words. If only Myungsoo didn't have that serious face with him now, Sungyeol would gladly punch the latter for the amount of greasiness thrown at him.

 

"I love you, Lee Sungyeol." Finding the delicate hands of his lover, Myungsoo brings them close to his lips and showers the knuckles with kisses, making Sungyeol laughs giddily.

 

"Seriously?" Sungyeol asks while trying to stifle his laughter. "What has gotten into you, Kim Myungsoo? Since when you are getting this greasy huh?"

 

Myungsoo only laughs, holding the other's hands in tight grips, "I love you and I will always do."

 

"I know. I know it, Myungsoo-ah." Sungyeol finally calms down from his laugh and replies Myungsoo's smile with his own genuine one, "And I want you to know that I would do the same for you too. I love you, Kim Myungsoo."

 

Just like that, all the worries Myungsoo has at the moment dissolved into the thin air and his stomach felt as if he was housing thousands butterflies inside.

 


 

Bright and colorful neon lights are illuminating his way as Myungsoo walks down the dusky path, diving into dozens of drunktard on the dance floor. Indistinct chattering and clinking of glasses could be heard meddling between the blasting sound system when he walks past the crowd to find the empty barstool. 

 

"Heyy! Look what we got here, Gyu?" 

 

Myungsoo sighs when he sees the familiar head occupying one of the stools while sending flirtatious wink toward the slit-eyes bartender.

 

"Kim Myungsoo!" Woohyun shouts, beaming when the called man nearing his spot.

 

"Hey, Nam." Myungsoo greets back after taking his seat, which coincidentally right beside his grinning friend.

 

"So, what's the matter this time?" Woohyun starts, as usual the man just couldn’t help but digging into the other's life, as always.

 

Myungsoo shrugs, he knows sooner or later he would just spit the truth out, "My dad-"

 

"AGAIN?" Myungsoo barely starts his sentence when Woohyun shrieks exaggeratedly, "Why the hell your life only rotates around your dad, your dad and your dad? Come on, you can define your life better by yourself. So stop letting the old hag bother yo-"

 

"Could you just listen up, Nam?"

 

Being cut off, Woohyun pouts and nods an 'okay'.

 

"So, I suspect he invited Krystal-"

 

"Wait! You mean, Krystal, the queen of Woolim high school who had brighten up your days but then broke you ap-"

 

"If you are talking about, Krystal, my ex, then yes. And can you stop cutting my sentence?" Myungsoo rolls his eyes in annoyance. But the other only grins innocently. 

 

"So, as I was saying, last night she came to my house- Hold up, Nam." Myungsoo says before Woohyun gets a chance to in, "And my dad was acting strange. He had never been so kind and friendly toward anyone. Even back then when I was still dating Krystal, he never been that responsive toward our relationship. I suspect he is planning something out."

 

"O-okay. That definitely doesn't sound good." Woohyun pats Myungsoo and laughs afterward, "But wait! Now I feel your life is like some sort of fanfiction story. By any chance, are you filming a drama right now, Myungsoo-ssi?" And Myungsoo shoots him a glare.

 

"Thanks. That's really thoughtful of you." Myungsoo snaps. Woohyun is about to throw his sharp remark as reply when Myungsoo holds up the lit up phone. Out of curiosity, Woohyun leans down and his face filled with terror when he saw the screen. 

 

"Speaking of evil." Woohyun mumbles, absent-minded.

 


 

AHA! SURPRISE!

I thought I couldn't update but yeah the hotel's wifi says otherwise xD And ohyea, in case you all wondering about the next update as well as the rest of my fics' update, I would like to inform updates will take a while, probably late july or early august. Because I am stranded in somewhere far from home and I don't have lappie wif me. Huhu TT

Seeya~

/loading virtual kisses/