viv. m u l b e r r y

learning the colors

mulberry;


 

Sweet and gazed at. The cupcake’s lying on a plate right now, swirls surrounding on and the batter looking a bit too brown. Joonmyun’s just staring it down, and then he turns back towards Sehun who’s looking straight back, smile plastered on. Keep in mind, plastered. Like his smile won’t go away. Ever.

 

So Joonmyun looks back down. Regular batter, vanilla probably? He can smell the extracts easily, aroma drifting through the apartment vents so gently. Leaves something of memories behind, and just travels back up their noses. Warm oven waves, rays shoots through the apartments, sunlight drowning from behind, curtains already pulled up. It’s late at night, almost nine and they just had dinner. Sehun surprised Joonmyun with a cupcake.

 

“I made it with my own hands, all from scratch!”

 

Sounds a bit too sketchy, but Joonmyun doesn’t want to disappoint Sehun so here he is, about to eat it. Pinkish frosting on top and it’s just dripping down the sides of the cupcake batter, the coffee paper. Smells sort of...strawberry-ish? Joonmyun thinks?

 

“Well, try it!” Sehun urges, and he pushes the platter closer to Joonmyun. An odd sense of fatigue waves over him, and his stomach gurgles. Not gurgles like oh damn, a cupcake. How yummy. No, not at all. Gurgles like, what the is this. Frosting shouldn’t be melted that much, should it? Watery and all that .

 

“E-erm, okay,” Joonmyun says, nervously, and he bends down, almost at the frosting with his tongue but it already darts back and it’s too late. Oops. “H-hehe, yum!”

 

“You didn’t even take a bite,” Sehun says defiantly, and his arms are crossed upon his chests now. Angry pout overlying the smile, but even Joonmyun knows that Sehun’s giggling like a child on the inside. Typical.

 

“My bad,” Joonmyun excuses and he realizes that there’s no choice left. He’s going to die from eating this...cupcake. Sort of. But he’ll do it anyway to make Sehun happy so here he is, bending forward, picking it up! Oh god, Joonmyun thinks to himself as the frosting dribbles down his index fingers, ends along the prussian veins and just drips back down onto the table. The expensive glass table. Damn you, Sehun.

 

He pulls it up to his mouth, and Sehun’s just watching, eyes darted straight at where his lips part, and where they’re touching the edges of the cupcakes. It’s like Joonmyun’s putting it onto the last seconds, where maybe he’ll get an opportunity to just throw it away, maybe out the window--

 

“Oh my god, just eat it already!” Sehun yells, and Joonmyun yelps, pushing the cupcake straight into his mouth, full on.

 

Interesting.

 

Joonmyun savors the taste, and it tastes...salty? Like vinegar salt? Like Lays potato chips? What even--he doesn’t get to finish his thought because he falls onto the table, and the cupcake gets thrown up and it’s all over his face now.

 

Sehun apologizes later whenever Joonmyun wakes up in the bed, Sehun’s weight right behind him, fingers swirling around backs and kisses being smudged all over his face.

 

“Looks like I forgot to take out the egg shells and the package wrappers! Hehe, sorry hyung! I love you so much though and if you want me to be completely honest, I thought you looked really y with all that frosting on so I it off.”

 

“...”

 

And maybe this is how Joonmyun’s learned the colors of mulberry. With this ual freak who likes to frosting off of his faces. Oh well, though. Joonmyun still smiles, because his little freak had took the time and effort to make him a cupcake. You know, even if it was a bit nasty.

 

“Thanks, Sehun. I love you.”

 

--


band camp again! see you guys on wednesday because i only have 8-11am practices that day!