v. m i n t

learning the colors

mint;

 

 

Joonmyun notices that the paint in his apartment is slowly coming off, and he just frowns at it, maybe pouts and wonders upon it because it’s been a few months since he had just repainted it. Does paint come off that easily? Well, probably because Sehun always does--nevermind.

 

So Joonmyun calls Sehun over one day, tells him that there’s tea, because he knows that Sehun would be over if he had any mentions of tea. Nonetheless, he’s over in a few minutes with a happy smile, but that smile’s brushed off easily once Joonmyun hands him a brush and a few buckets of minty green paint.

 

“What the?” Sehun says, questioning why there’s heavy cans of paint in his arms. “What’s all this paint for, hyung?”

 

The other just stays quiet, continues making Sehun’s favorite cup of tea, and then brings it over with the warmest smile he swipe up. “Here you go, Sehun,” he says with that attempt of a smile, and he just places the cup of tea on top of the bucket that’s hanging from Sehun’s arm. “Tell me if you need help with anything!’

 

And he tries to leave, he really does. It’s like an escape movement, his sweet escape to their bedroom but Sehun grabs his arm with the only arm that he has free, pulls him back, and just holds him there. “You want me to paint the walls again, don’t you?” Sehun asks, his eyes lowering down because he doesn’t really want to paint the walls all by himself again. “And that’s why you called me over...with a cup of tea…”

 

The frown that’s on his face is killing, and Joonmyun feels a pang of guilt impaled right through his chest.

 

Sehun just huffs, and he puts down his cup of tea. “Okay then,” he says, and then he begins to open the tins of paint, and begins to dip his paintbrush in so depressingly? Question mark because Joonmyun’s not sure why he’s doing it in such a sullen mood, but nevertheless, he runs over to Sehun and just gives him a hug.

 

“I’m sorry, Sehunnie,” Joonmyun apologizes, and he just hugs him around the waist, tighter while burying his face onto Sehun’s chest. “I’m just really tired and I don’t want to paint--”

 

“Fine, fine,” Sehun says, waving him off and Joonmyun smiles. He sits down on a stool with a book in his hand, a cup of tea by the side and he just reads, taking a few glances over to where Sehun’s beginning to paint over by the living room.

 

No longer than five minutes though, and there’s something wet near Joonmyun’s elbow. He brushes it off, thinking that maybe it’s just the fabric hanging off of the stool, but then a few minutes later, and it feels more cooler, something wet against the edges of his skin so he looks down. And no ing surprise, there’s Sehun, paintbrush dug against his elbow. He looks up, an o on his mouth because damn, he just caught.

 

“Oh, hehe, hi,” Sehun says meekly, and then he just runs because Joonmyun’s chasing him, and eventually, he grabs the nearest paintbrush and dips it into the paint can. What he does next, surprises Sehun himself because there’s splatters of mint on his face now.

 

“Oh it’s ing on,” Joonmyun mutters, and he begins whipping the paintbrush in a warrior movement, and there’s just ing paint everywhere. If there was some sort of home interior designer here now, they would die.

 

In the end, the room never got painted.

 

They both have mint on their faces now.

 

And they decided that it would be best if they just called an official painter, if there was such thing.

 

Meh.

 

But Joonmyun’s learned the colors of mint, and how it feels so fresh against his face (not because of how Sehun eventually drenches the whole can over his head). But it’s okay, because Joonmyun thinks that Sehun looks adorable with the patches of green in his bleach-blonde hair, and over his forehead, and over his cheeks where Joonmyun eventually, just eventually after they both take a shower, flutters kisses all over.

 

--