iv. p r u s s i a n b l u e

learning the colors

prussian blue;

 

 

The two lie there in the soothing winds, arms within arms and legs entangled within legs with a head lying upon the taller’s chest.

 

 

It remains at the peaks of midnight for sudden minutes and seconds as time goes by slowly though it was gratefully spent in silence as the pairing wishes for the extensions of the world to be in their favor.

 

Joonmyun gazes up at the starry skies where the unknowns laid ahead, ahead of the charring blurs of magenta with the mixtures of premature prussian blue. It was a beautiful sight.

 

 

Their hands slowly entwine into one another, the clamps of palms turning sweaty quickly in the forms of mere nanos. None of the two objects towards the clamminess though and instead, just ignores it because Joonmyun knows Sehun gets nervous easily whenever he’s too quiet.

 

 

The taller carefully moves the tangled hands together, aiming it towards the stars that speckles with light glimmerings of lustrous hues of pale, blue, and just prussian.

 

 

“It’s beautiful tonight,” Joonmyun breathes out in amazement as his eyes linger over the tranquil sceneries, nature slowly gracing through the winds with the blooming colors of spring.

 

 

“Yeah,” Sehun agrees quietly as he tries his best to remain silent. The wind prefers to be undisturbed as it sings brightfully with the timbres and crescendos of sudden outbursts entertaining the two.

 

Joonmyun has always wondered what laid beyond the universe in the terms of cosmos and the mysteries of life. Sure, this world was already as big as it was but what if, just what if they were a tiny fraction of the whole universe? What if their world could only be seen through a microscope?

 

 

At the same time of his thoughts, prickles of grass began poking at the two, swaying along with the jams pertaining from the talkative wind. It was still soothing as the taller slowly began circling his thumb around the sides of the painter’s hand.

 

 

Points of stars began appearing through the faults with the cracks of undesired wishes blowing through the atmosphere, bringing a sense of dazzlement and glamour towards the isolated couple.

 

 

And unprepared minutes went by, the world slowly turning against the young couple. Joonmyun takes the dim chance to start a conversation.

 

 

“Hey, Sehun?”

 

 

“Hm?”

 

 

Joonmyun takes a steady breath with the scents of the outdoors streaming in. “Do you ever wonder about what lies ahead of our world?”

 

 

A sense of curiosity paints over the shorter’s face, only to be studied by Sehun intently.

 

 

Sehun answers the shorter casually. “No, I never do.”

 

 

“Why is that?” Joonmyun asks, his eyes slowly drooping down. The winds continues to whistle with the strummings of guitars. “What if there’s other worlds lying in our universe? And we’re just completely oblivious to them. It’s potential new life, new societies, new friendships.”

 

 

Sehun turns to study his boyfriend’s face which was consisted of frowns and questions. It was awfully adorable.

 

 

“Hey,” he says, garnering the attention of his frowning lover. He moves his unoccupied hand towards the shorter’s chin and slowly raises it towards his view with the simple touches of nimble fingers.

 

 

“You wanna know why I never think about it?”

 

 

Joonmyun turns towards Sehun with attentive glances. “Why?”

 

 

“Because that’s the beauty of life, hyung. Not knowing what lays ahead beyond a mere specks of stars and skies.”

 

 

It took a minute to sink it but after it did, Joonmyun just laughs. “That was deep, Sehun.”

 

 

The taller shrugs and slowly untangled their contrasted hands, only to wrap his whole arm around the shorter to bring him closer.

 

 

I like saying deep things like that.”

 

 

“I learned over the months,” Joonmyun says with a grin forming over his lips.

 

 

Sehun takes a small gaze over the teddy within his arms, feeling especially lucky that the worlds were balanced upon his favors.

 

 

Joonmyun yawns peacefully before resting his head more comfortably onto the chest. “Hey, Sehun?”

 

 

The latter closes his eyes. “Yeah?”

 

 

“You do know I love you right? Like a lot.”

 

 

Taking another sigh, there remain silence for a few seconds, at first scaring the small male but after the taller slowly unravels himself from the twined position, he then adjusts himself to the point where he was now above the auburn.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Joonmyun asks incredulously as he watches the giant above of him lean down slowly, mere centimeters separating their lips.

 

 

The position only remains that way for a few seconds before Sehun slowly slants his lips, going down for a chaste kiss.

 

 

Joonmyun, who wasn’t expecting the sudden gesture at all, was at first hesitant but slowly opened up, letting Sehun lead the kiss with how their tongues just dance along one another, maybe do a tango and just ends.

 

 

After lips were distanced away for a few millimeters, foreheads were suddenly pressed against one another with the soft, gentle words escaping the lovely’s lips.

 

 

“You know I love you too, right? I love you through the whole universe, through all the worlds and through all specks of stars. And I wouldn’t do anything, in the world, to lose you.”

 

And this is how Joonmyun’s learned the colors of prussian blue. Because of how the skies were just that perfect pitch of navy blue, and because of how Sehun was just so precious that night.

 

--