i. l e m o n

learning the colors

lemon;

 

Every Thursday,  Sehun takes Joonmyun out to get lemonade at the stand that remains on the corner, from March to August, every year. Joonmyun likes it. A lot, because he likes lemonade, and he likes Sehun so it’s a double-hit. Perfect, right? No, because perfect’s not a good adjective, he’s learned.

 

So it’s a Thursday afternoon, and of course, Joonmyun’s getting lemonade with Sehun but the vendor’s ran out of pink lemonade today, so Joonmyun’s a bit upset at that but it’s okay, because at least he has Sehun. He deals with just regular lemonade, and now the couple is sitting on a bench, that one bench they always go to once they have their bottles of lemonades in their hands.

 

“Sorry they didn’t have pink lemonade today, hyung,” Sehun apologizes, after he dusts off the bench and lets Joonmyun sits down first. It’s weird, really. Joonmyun feels like a princess, but in honesty, he likes feeling like a queen more.

 

“It’s okay,” Joonmyun says, and he tugs on Sehun’s white tee to get him to sit down. “I’m sure this lemonade is fine anyways.”

 

But then he takes a sip, and no. It’s not fine, because it tastes really sour and it’s really cold, but that’s how lemonade is supposed to be but it’s just really sour so Joonmyun almost gags on the first sip. Sehun, on the other hand, just shrugs and laughs at how his hyung is reacting to a bottle of lemonade.

 

“You alright there, Joonmyun?” he asks, smiling and Joonmyun just looks dead, dead because he just wasted three dollars and ninety-nine cents on this bottle.

 

“It’s really sour,” is all he manages to spurt out, before his eyes twitch again. Is lemonade supposed to be this sour? Because he looks over to the nutritional labels and there’s no grams of sugar, where on his pink lemonade bottle, there’s ten. Whoops.

 

“Well, yeah. It’s lemonade, hyung,” Sehun points out, and Joonmyun just glares at him. But then he does what he always does, and just throws down their bottles of lemonade onto the grass and just wraps an arm around his lover. “Sorry to hear you didn’t like it, Joonmyun. But maybe you’ll like this more?”

 

And he just begins plastering fluffy kisses all over Joonmyun’s cheeks, and then they’re burning because there’s people in the park, and kids. There’s kids in the parks and Joonmyun’s sure they don’t want to see two college kids making out on a bench.

 

“Stop it, Sehun,” Joonmyun whispers, in an urgent tone because heads are turning and kids mouths are gaping. “There’s kids looking at us. You can wait till we get back to the apartment.”

 

And Sehun just pouts in midst of another kiss, but he backs away nonetheless and just grunts. “Fine, but that means I get to pick out what play we’re reading to tonight.”

 

Joonmyun just rolls his eyes, and he leans down to pick up the bottle of lemonade again. “Hubert’s Lemonade. Hmph,” and he doesn’t even bother drinking the rest of the lemon juice, because it’s nasty as . But he does bother with Sehun, and how the taller boy just keeps on pressuring him to take a few more sips and telling him that maybe he’ll like it then.

 

But no matter what, his opinion on lemonade will always stay the same. Because he likes pink lemonade and Sehun more than regular lemonade and Sehun.

 

And this is how Sehun’s taught Joonmyun the colors of lemon, a bright and vibrant, but nasty color.

 

--