vi. o r c h i d

learning the colors

orchid;

 

Joonmyun doesn’t like it whenever people wake him up before twelve in the afternoons on weekends. He thinks it has to do with how his sleeping schedule is messed up. Typical college student doing all nighters on some day and then staying up till four on another day. Unfortunately for Joonmyun, he stayed up till five last night and well, whenever he found out that someone was banging on his door at nine in the morning. Least to say, he wasn’t very happy.

 

“Who the could be here at this ing time,” he grumbles to himself, pulling on the nearest robe he could find because somedays he likes to sleep shirtless but whatever.

 

Waddling to the door, Joonmyun struggles to put on a normal face without any grumbles and any evidence that he’s tired. But whenever he pulls open the door, the golden grin automatically dejects into a pout. If that pout was seen, anyway, because there’s bunches of flowers being shoved into his arms.

 

“W-wha--”

 

“Good morning, hyung!” A voice says, almost too cheerfully, and Joonmyun already knows who it is because only one person could get up this early in the morning to just deliver him flowers.

 

“Sehun?” And Joonmyun smiles, before it turns into something less of a smile. More of a frown, more of an angry demeanor. “What the is wrong with you? It’s ing nine in the morning, and you bring me ing flowers like I’m some ing pope. What the hell?!”

 

Sehun’s face goes cold, eyes widened and he just stands there, holding the last of the orchids. They almost drop, but he catches them and his grin turns into a pout. “But hyung, I brought you flowers from the greenhouse. They opened up again and they didn’t know I took them so yeah!” Grin again, Joonmyun’s in denial. His damn boyfriend’s too adorable.

 

Joonmyun look down at the flowers, and surely enough, they look like the one’s growing in the college greenhouse. Pink and ceremonious bunches, almost too jovial looking and just too damn beautiful. “You stole them from the greenhouse?” he asks, and Sehun just nods, nods like he’s proud of it. But he probably is, to be honest. Joonmyun isn’t going to deny that.

 

So he sighs, and he pulls Sehun in. “Come on. Let’s go find these a vase, and then let’s go to sleep because I’m super tired. Are you tired? You can stay awake if you want--”

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll sleep with you because I like snuggling with you and smelling you because you’re like a teddy bear.”

 

“U-uh okay--”

 

“I love you, hyung.”

 

Joonmyun smiles, finds a vase to put the flowers in and just turns back to hug Sehun, gives him a few kisses or so on the cheeks, around the neck where he’s most vulnerable, near the collarbones.

 

“Thank you, Sehun. I love you too, and these flowers are beautiful. But honestly, I’m really tired so let’s go.”

 

And this story of how Joonmyun needs his beauty sleep and how Sehun needs a life tells on how Joonmyun’s learned the colors of orchids, pink and vibrant. Radiance from all, and just botany in its bestest forms.

 

--


guess who made a grilled cheese it exploded in my microwave