eight

Blinded

Naeun entered Hayoung's room when Hayoung still talked with Junhong by the phone. "Oh, Junhong-a. Gotta go now, bye!" Hayoung said, clicking the button which end the call. "Why did you end your call?" Naeun asked. "We've talked for about 15minutes, I think it's enough--" she shrugged. "You should talk more with him since you won't have much time to do it, or the opposite. His girlfriend told him to stay away from you, doesn't she?" Naeun raised a brow. Hayoung sighed, the moment when she walked past Junhong's house with Jieun stood outside the gate, Junhong was gonna greet her but Jieun doesn't allow him to---frequently popped out on her mind. "How do you know if Jieun told him to stay away from me?"
"Oh Hayoung, our force--11th grade--already knew it all." 
"Jieun is kinda protective much if it goes to her boyfriend." Naeun rolled her eyes. Hayoung nods slowly, "It's not her fault if she doesn't let Junhong to be close with me, though."
"But she doesn't have to be that protective," Naeun said, "She can't break a friendship over her own relationship!". Naeun's saying shutted her up. She can't break a friendship over her own relationship. "It depends on Junhong, if he puts his relationship over his friendship, then what can I do--" Hayoung frowned. Naeun sighed as she stares at her sister. "Is he dare enough to do it?" she hissed. "Perhaps?" 
"What if his love for her girlfriend is just too big that even make him chose his relationship?" Hayoung raised a brow. "He's blinded." Naeun flicked eyebrows, "Youngjae and Junhong, I heard they're quite close to each other. Youngjae is your friend too, right?". "Yeah," she nodded, "Why?". "Why don't you tell him about Junhong? He might help you to fix your friendship with him-" Naeun suggested. "I will try it soon," Hayoung chuckled. 


"Hayoungie, good morning."  Taehyung patted Hayoung's shoulder from behind, since she's walking in front of him. Hayoung turned around, "Oh, Taehyung-a, good morning,". He flashed a smile at her as she keeps walking, no, not to ignore him. "Let's go together," she said, smiling as glances at him. Taehyung nodded, and then smiled back at her, "Don't walk in front of me, then.". He walks forward to Hayoung so Hayoung isn't walking in front of him like before. "How was your sleep?" he started a conversation. Hayoung shrugged, "I slept well ...maybe?". "You weren't insomnia, were you?" he asked. "No, fortunately." 
"Good morning," Jieun greeted. She walked a few metres beside Taehyung and Hayoung---with Junhong. "Good morning," Taehyung greeted back, "Oh, Junhong-a.". Junhong looks at them, and then smiles as he waves his hand at them. "We're having a nice morning, aren't we?" Jieun continued, "Our Hayoung doesn't say anything?". "Oh," she startled when Jieun called her name; she was daydreaming, maybe. "Good morning," she bowed with a smile. "Two couples walk together, how cute!" 
"We aren't in a relationship, though." Taehyung replied, "Oh, it's almost 7am."
Hayoung looks at Taehyung without saying anything. Taehyung glanced at her, and then turns to Jieun and Junhong, "We have to go now, bye."
"Why do we leave them quickly? We're not late yet, though." Hayoung said as she walks beside Taehyung. "Eh?"  he turned at Hayoung, "Wasn't it annoying when she said about 'couple'?". "I don't think so--" Hayoung raised a brow. Taehyung snorted, "It was annoying, at least for me."
"Why?" Hayoung grabbed Taehyung's hand when he walks faster in front of her. "You could deny it--"
"What if--" Taehyung shutted up, "Forget it."
"No," she said, "What were you going to say?"
"Nevermind," he replied, "Just let go of my hand--"
"No, no, no." she grabbed Taehyung's hand more tight, "Until you tell me what were you going to say."
"Fine," Taehyung rolled his eyes, "I was---"
The bell suddenly rings. Taehyung smiled complacently when the bell rang, he doesn't have to answer Hayoung's question, anyways. Hayoung sighed, "Ugh, fine.". Hayoung walks away from him with her pouty lips. "Fine." Taehyung whispered as he walks towards his class. Taehyung puts his sight at Hayoung as soon as he enters the class. Hayoung realized that Taehyung stared at her, so she turned away to avoid Taehyung's glance. Taehyung chuckled, he pats Hayoung's head as he walked past Hayoung's seat, towards his seat. 
"Taehyung and Hayoung seemed closer nowadays," Youngjae whispered to Namjoo. Namjoo looks at them, and then turned to Youngjae, "Are they?". "Yeah," Youngjae replied, "You can compare it, how they act to each other before and now,". Namjoo doesn't replied for a while; thinking about what Youngjae said. After a few seconds, she turned back at Youngjae, "I agreed with you."
"Are they in a relationship?" 
"I don't know-- Hayoung hasn't tell me anything about it yet." Namjoo whispered as she stares at Hayoung. "Taehyung probably likes him, don't you think the same way?" Youngjae glanced at Taehyung, and then move to Hayoung. "Maybe?" 
"Well, admittedly, yeah."
"But doesn't she like Junhong?" 
Youngjae shrugged. "She has moved on, perhaps?" he said. Hayoung glanced at them, "What are you talking about?". "Ah, Choi Junhong from the next class, you knew him, right?" Youngjae replied. Hayoung nodded, "Are you talking about him and Jieun?". "No. Ew." Namjoo said, hearing Jieun's name made her reminded of what Jieun did on the class a few days ago. "Hayoung-a, come here." 
Hayoung puts her chair closer to Namjoo and Youngjae. "What?"
Youngjae stares at Taehyung, and then turns to Hayoung. "Are you in a relationship with Taehyung?"
"Why do people talked about it---" Hayoung whispered as she rolled her eyes. "We're not."
"Oh, really? I thought you were--" Namjoo startled. "Do you still like Junhong?"
"I hope I don't," Hayoung replied. "I shouldn't like him,"
"How about Taehyung? Do you like him?"
Taehyung hears it, "Yah, shut up."