three

Blinded

"Wow, someone plays his phone seriously," Hayoung said as she approached Junhong who looks busy with his phone. Junhong turns at her, and then grins. "I was saving someone's number," he replied. "Who is it?" she sneaked to Junhong's phone, "Song--". "Ssssh," Junhong putted his finger on Hayoung's lips. "Wae?" Hayoung pouted. "I don't want if someone else knows that I liked her---" Junhong whispered. Hayoung raises her brows, "Sooo, it's a secret, huh?". Junhong nodded, and then looks around. "Anyway," Junhong took his phone, "Guess who it is!". He chuckled as he shows a photo on his phone. Hayoung looks closer, "Is that you?". "Who do you think it is?" he mumbled. "And guess who's beside me?"
Hayoung squinted, "Song Jieun sunbaenim?".
Junhong chuckled, and then puts his phone back to his pocket, "You're smart,".
"Of course I am," she flicked her hair as she laughed. "Anyway, how did you get her phone number?" 
"I asked her, of course. This morning." he raised his brows.
Hayoung nodded slowly, and then flashed a smile on her face. "You have to get closer with her then."
"I will try to," he winked mischievously. 
"Don't ever show me that winky face," she slapped him lightly. 
Junhong chuckled. "Why? I just want you to know that I am--" he winked again, "Handsome."
Hayoung rolls her eyes, "How many times do I have to tell you--".
"That I am handsome?" he teased. 
"Yah, shut up--" she hissed, while Junhong only laughs at her reaction.
When they're enjoying their time together, suddenly the bell is ringing. Hayoung sighed, and then goes back to her class, so does Junhong. For a moment, she forgot that Junhong likes Jieun, that's why she acts in front of him the way she used to. 
"Hayoung?" Youngjae poked from behind. 
Hayoung turned back, "Oh, yeah?". 
"You looked happy today, what happened?" he raised a brow.
"Ah, nevermind," she grinned.
"Did you talk to your crush?" Taehyung asked. 
Hayoung shakes her head, "Ah, aniya--". 
"She's lying," Namjoo hissed, "There must be something,"
"Namjoo-ya, seriously--" Hayoung convinced Namjoo and also her friends who keep asking  her.
Taehyung raised a brow, "I don't trust you--".
Fortunately, there's no teacher for today in her class because the teacher has something to do. So probably they can be noisy, or even really noisy, as long as they're still in the class. 
"Hey, do you know Sunhwa sunbaenim?" Taehyung asked.
Namjoo poked his head, "Yah, why do you always talk about her?".
"Because she's pretty--" he grinned. "No, but I don't have any feelings for her--"
Youngjae raised his brows, "Ooo, really?"
Hayoung chuckled, "Seems like Taehyung secretly likes a sunbaenim, isn't it?"
"Yaah," Taehyung punched Hayoung lightly, "I don't like her, jinjja."

"Sorry, but can you keep silent, please? This class is really noisy, tbh." Jieun suddenly stood up in front of the class. "Oh, guys, we have to be silent." Namjoo raised her brows as she looks around the class. "Who is she?" Taehyung asked slowly. Jieun looks inside the class, "Oh, there's no teacher--". Hayoung squints her eyes, "Jieun sunbaenim?" she whispered. "You know her?" Taehyung turned to her. Hayoung nodded, "She woke me up when I fell asleep in the class last day,". 
"Oh, I'm Song Jieun," she introduced herself.
"Excuse me, Jieun sunbaenim," Namjoo shouted, "We're sorry for being noisy,"
The whole class looked at her, wondering why does this girl dares herself to ask the sunbaenim like that. 
"Hmm?" Jieun raised her brow, "Sorry for saying this but my class needs to concentrate," 
"We have to be silent, is that what you meant?" Taehyung asked. 
Jieun smiled, "You're smart."
"Mwoya?" Namjoo whispered. 
Hayoung keeps shutted, knowing that the sunbaenim who stands in front of their class is Junhong's crush while her friends are secretly mumbling about her, Jieun sunbaenim. "Guys," Hayoung suddenly talked. "She's a sunbaenim," 
"So what?" Taehyung raised his brow, "She looks annoying,".
Namjoo nodded, "She can said it to the point, but she makes our class like the noisiest thing in this school."
"Excuse me, the ones who sit on the bottom of the class," Jieun pointed at those four students; Namjoo, Taehyung, Youngjae, and Hayoung.
"Mwoya?" Youngjae shouted, "I didn't even say anything,".
Namjoo rolls her eyes. "Oh, jinjja. You ain't the teacher, please." she whispered.
"Do you think I didn't hear what you were talked about?" Jieun said. 
"Oh, I just remembered that she has ears too," Namjoo whispered. 
Hayoung sighed, Naeun unnie was right.
"You were talking about me, weren't you?" Jieun hissed. 
"Were we?" Youngjae replied calmly. 
The whole class still stared at them, probably think about how dare they are. 
Jieun rolled her eyes, and then walks out from the class to her own class.
"Why shall we respect a sunbaenim who doesn't need to be respected?" Taehyung raised his brows.
Namjoo hi-fived Taehyung, "I agree."
"Guys, you're just too--" Hayoung sighed, "Oh my god."
"But she's annoying, aren't you agree with my opinion?" Namjoo continued. 
Hayoung laid her head on the table, thinking about what would Junhong be if he was with Jieun sunbaenim. 

As the time flies away, finally it's 2.00 p.m., when the school ended. Hayoung walks out from her class, going towards the school basement to the school gate. This time, she didn't go home together with Junhong; he probably went home already. She walked pass the indoor basket field, maybe she could find Junhong since he likes to play basketball. Oh, the cheerleader team, she thought. Half of the cheer team in their school are popular sunbaenims, that's why the cheer team sometimes reputed as the coolest thing in this school. Hayoung squinted as she looks at someone who stands in the center of the row. "Jieun sunbaenim," she whispered to herself. It means that she's quite popular though. 
 

[Hayoung's POV]

Song Jieun sunbaenim. I agreed that she's pretty, and maybe she's popular too. Because if she weren't Junhong's crush, I won't recognize her. But after what she did on my class, I think Naeun unnie's saying was right. She's quite annoying. 
Wait,
That tall person who waits in the bleachers, I think I know who he is. Junhong?
He waited for Jieun sunbaenim? I thought he already went home, since he's already gone when I checked his class. sighs. Are they in a relationship----
"Hayoungie!" Naeun unnie poked me from behind. I knew it's her because her voice-- I used to hear it everyday. I turned around, and then smiled at her. Naeun unnie stands beside me, and then looks at the cheer team who's still practicing on the basketball field. "Oh, the cheer team." she whispered. I looked at her, "Why don't you join them?". She raised her brows, "Me? Join them? Never."
I raised a brow, "Why is it?"
"I'm not interested," she turned away, "Eh, wait, is that Junhong?".
I automatically turned back, "Where?".
"There," she pointed her finger on someone who walks towards the school gate. 
Oh, it's really him. And Jieun sunbaenim?
"It's probably Jieun, who stands beside him. Omona, are they in a relationship?" she gasped. 
I chuckled when seeing Naeun unnie's reaction. "They're not,"
"Go ask them," she whispered. 
I gasped, "Me?" 
"Yeah, you. Who else?" she rolled her eyes.
I refuse to. I mean, they would think that I break the situation. Maybe Junhong was going to confess to her but failed because I suddenly popped out from nowhere and ask them about their relationship. Oh, and maybe Jieun sunbaenim remembers me as the annoying person when she was in my class. Oh, no way. Naeun unnie snorted, and then walks towards them. She said she will do it by herself if I won't do it---
"Yah," I can hear her shouted at them. Oh, my god. 
"Unnie, shut up---" I covered Naeun unnie's mouth with a book I held.
"Yah! Get off of my way--" she whispered. 
Junhong and Jieun suddenly turned around. "Oh, Hayoungie?" Junhong raised a brow. I grinned at him, "Oh, hi-". "Are you in a relationship with him?" Naeun asked Jieun. Jieun snorted, "No, of course we're not. We're just going home together---". Oh, they're really going home together. Mwoya, they just knew each other.
"Don't worry, we're not gonna be in a relationship though." Junhong smiled as he glanced at me. I smiled back at him, yeah, they probably will. 

 


Hayoung's phone suddenly vibrated, it might means that she's getting a message from anyone. She quickly checks her phone, maybe it's from Junhong. Well, she hope so. 
Yah.
It's Junhong who texted her. Hayoung smiled as she looks at her phone while replying his text. 

Hey.

She replied. It might sounds short but actually she's fluttered.  

About what happened this afternoon, sorry if I wasn't waiting for you to go home together. I was planned to go home with her first because she asked me to. So... how could I refuse it? hahaha.

Oh, it's okay though. You must be really happy because you went home with her.

Obviously yes. Hahaha. Don't worry, we're not in a relationship though. I haven't even confessed to her yet. 

When will you do it?

Idk. But I will tell you if I want to. 

Hayoung sighed when she reads Junhong's reply. He hasn't confessed yet, she thinks she would confess before Junhong did it to Jieun. "Unnie," she called Naeun. Naeun looks at her, "Mwo?". "Should I do it?" she asked. "Do what?"
"Confession,"
"To who?"
"You know, unnie."
"Oh my god, do you mean Junhong?"
"Yeah."
"Do it. Before it's too late. Because you might regret it later--"
Hayoung nodded, signalling that she's understood about what Naeun said. "Okay then."

The next day, Hayoung sighed when she enters the school gate. She won't do it early morning, maybe after the school ended. After she just passed the school gate, suddenly Junhong follows her from behind. "Yah, wait for me." he held Hayoung's shoulder. Hayoung looks away so she can hide her face which is getting red. "Let's go together," he said as he smiled at her. Hayoung chuckled, because she still can't hide her smile on her face. 

"I'm so anxious," she whispered. Namjoo poked her, "Don't be,". "What are you going to do?" Youngjae asked as he pats her shoulder. Hayoung grins, "I'm going to do something I haven't ever did before,". "Just say that you're going to confess your feelings though." Taehyung replied. "Mwo? You're going to do it?" Youngjae raised his brows. Hayoung nodded, "That's why I'm really anxious today,".  
"Ah, good luck. But I also feel anxious suddenly," Youngjae frowned.
"Why?" Hayoung asked.
"The last time I confessed to someone is the first time I saw her first kiss," he replied.
"Poor you." Namjoo pouted. 
Youngjae turned to Hayoung, "I hope Hayoung won't feel the same as me, though."
"Well," Hayoung shrugged, "I hope so."