Chapter 8 Leaving for good

Why is it so hard to let go?

Three years later

 

Amber sat by his bed with an old photo in hand murmuring her name under his breath. The past few years had been hard on Amber, love turned to hate and on towards indifference. Although he hated her for leaving him, Amber still missed her, her sweet scent, her teasing nature and most of all her smile. Not only has he lost his cheerful self, Amber started to drift further away from his friends only reaching out to his mother for comfort.

 

That was when he started to compose songs, about short-lived love stories and heartbreaks and sent them to multiple entertainment companies far away from here, away from all these memories of her, starting from her house and on to her seat in their homeroom class. When the first international company offered Amber a job as a music composer, he jumped at the opportunity and accepted it, without consulting his mother. Just as he sent an email of response to the company, his mother called him downstairs for dinner.

 

“Why are you so happy?” Amber tried to keep his composure, afraid that she might freak out. “I need to tell you something, mum” She looked at her son with a raised eyebrow, Amber hesitated for a second, “I got accepted to be a music composer” his mother was shocked at first but she soon realize what her son was leading on. “Oh my gosh! Baby, this is good news!” she pulled him in for a tight hug and drew back a little before asking, “So what is the name of this company?” Amber could not face his mother as he spoke, “S.M Entertainment…I know you haven’t heard it before, that is because it’s in Korea” her eyes grew wide, slowly taking in what her son had just said. Just as she saw Amber’s expression turn from excitement to worry, she decided to not pressure him with further questions. “That’s great baby, when do you have to be in Korea?”

 

Surprised by her reaction, Amber smiled at his mother and guided her to the couch. “I’m leaving tonight” This time she couldn’t keep it in any longer, “What?! Tonight? Amber, how could you decide this without me?” Amber held both her hands in his, trying to calm down her down, “I’m sorry” he could only muster a blank hurtful face. With that she sighed, squeezing his hands as she spoke, “Alright then, let’s get packing” Amber always thought his mother was a very understanding woman but after today he realized how truly amazing she is. He hugged his mother once more before rushing to his room to pack. Amber sent a text message to all of his friends before heading to the airport. He thought that it didn’t seem right that he should leave without bidding everyone else goodbye.   

 


Amber’s POV:

I stood by the gates hugging mum, “Take care over there, I know you are a big boy now and don’t forget to call me once in a while” I smiled at my clingy mother and kissed her cheek. She wiped her tears away, giving me one last encouraging hug before leaving. Just as I was about enter the gate and leave America for good, I heard someone call out my name, “Amber, wait!” I turned around and saw a large group of people heading towards me. As they got closer a wide smile crept up my lips “Guys, you came” Minho draped his arm over my shoulder and ruffled my hair, “Of course! Come on Amber, you don’t expect us to leave without saying goodbye” an overwhelming feeling came over me and I just hugged each and every one of them, whispering my gratitude. Majority of the people in the airport were watching us, probably because we were too loud. None of that concerned me, only because whenever we got together, we would always be a loud bunch.

 

A certain girl caught my eye, not sure if I met her previously or was it because she was wearing sunglasses in a shady airport. Just as she hugged her friend goodbye, she turned her attention to our group and scoffed before entering the gates. Having this as a cue to take my leave as well, I waved them goodbye and entered the gate following the girl closely behind. Something about her intrigued me, pulling me towards her. I shrugged when I lost sight of her as I was boarding the plane, paying close attention to my seat number. “19B” as I was approaching my seat number, a familiar figure blocked my way. She was struggling to hoist her hand carry onto the cabin, being the nice guy that I am, I got closer to her and lifted the luggage up for her, “Here, let me help you” she did not protest and watched as her it was placed safely in the cabin, “Thank you” I smiled and moved out of the way, letting her scoot over to her seat, which was coincidently right next to mine.

 

I took my seat and fastened my seat belt, before turning girl, who now had her shades placed on top of her head. “Hi there, I’m Amber” extending out my arm for a handshake. She took it and smiled briefly, “I’m Krystal” before erasing the smile completely in a split second. There was an aching feeling in my chest when she spoke, “Why does she look so familiar?”  

 

There you go guys, Ch 8! Sorry for not being able to update daily, not really feeling inspired to write for the time being, assignments are piling so thats my excuse :p but you'll definitely see regular updates during the weekend when there is no Uni. Just a heads up for you avid readers, I won't be updating on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays but be sure that I will do my best for other days. Thanks for the subs and please continue to support this fanfic <3