Chapter 4 The Beach (P2)

Why is it so hard to let go?

Blushing furiously, Jessica retracted her arm and lifted her head to meet the eyes of the culprit. Amber gave an innocent smile and bowed, putting his hands close together “I didn’t mean to” Jessica switched from a red faced cherry back to her infamous blank cold look. “I’m going back to Tiffany” she avoided eye contact with Amber to keep her poker face still intact but the minute he called out her name, she excitedly turned around only to be splashed by salty blue water. Amber burst out laughing at her drenched look, he was getting ready to splash her with another wave, however he immediately froze when he saw her squint her eyes at him with clenched fists. “Ohh …” he started running the opposite direction towards the deeper water, at waist level. “Amber! You come back here!” Jessica was determined to catch him and drown him underwater.

 

“Haha please I ask for mercy” Amber was running at a slower pace, giving her some time to catch up, but something glistening in the water caught his attention and so he halted, forgetting the chasing game he was in. Jessica took this chance to pounce onto him, “You are mine now!” She threw herself on him causing him to lose balance falling face first into the water. He picked himself up, brushing some sand away from his face, “That's not fair, I wasn’t paying attention” he turned to his right, only to find Jessica holding up her right hand above the water. Amber frowned and got a closer look, a small shard of glass was stuck on her forearm. “Oh my God Jessica” she bit her lip to fight back tears and the pain. Seeing that she was in too much shock to move, Amber picked her up into his arms and laid her on a nearby log.

 

“This is going to hurt, just a little bit” Jessica kept staring at the shard of glass, biting on her lip harder, the longer she stared. So he held her by the chin, “Just look at me Jess” she obeyed, admiring at the outline of his face. And before long the shard was removed, “The wound isn’t deep, so I guess washing it and a band aid would do....Does it still hurt?” he obliviously poked the skin close to the bleeding wound, Jessica screeched in pain, digging her nails into his bare shoulder. “Why would you do that, you stupid?” too worn out from the running, Jessica didn’t even have the energy to hit him. “Hehe, I’m sorry I don’t think sometimes” he brushed his hair out of the way, before lifting her hand off his shoulder, still clutching her soft hand in his, he bent down and brushed his lips on her hand. “I’m sorry” Jessica was too nervous to speak, “I…um its okay” Amber gave her one last genuine smile before turning his back.

 

“Come on, climb up” Amber offered to carry her all the way back to the barbeque to cover up the wound. Jessica pushed him away, and blushed “My arm was hurt, not my leg, you dummy” he adored her shy voice so much. “I know but it’s to apologize for splashing you with water just now, if I didn’t do that you wouldn’t have gotten hurt in the first place. Please?” Jessica wanted to protest but the determination in his eyes made her decide against it. She climbed on his back, and played with his ear, just as he started walking. Amber shrugged his shoulders and gave her fair warning “If you don’t behave back there, I’ll drop you” she gasped and secured her arms around his neck for security, her body was warm, pressing onto his back. Amber blushed in embarrassment, also thankful that she could not see how red he is right now.      

 

Next chapter is gonna be the last part of the beach scene, serious stuff is coming. Hope you guys are getting angsty :p