Chapter 1 False Alarm

Why is it so hard to let go?

*Smack* ”Aww…what was that fo—“ Minho swung his arms around my shoulder and smirked. “I’m just letting you know this is not a dream, you look…smittened” Amber's ears started to get hot and without realizing he had his hand linger on his right cheek, where Jessica had kissed him. He immediately moved his hand away from his cheek, and onto Minho’s arm, removing it from his shoulder. “I don’t know what you are talking about, I’m going to…change” Amber walked on into the boys’ locker room, ignoring the crowd calling out his name. He was too distracted by that sudden kiss that he even knocked his face onto the locker room door before entering. He turned around to see if anyone saw, but thankfully no one was looking his way at the time. Once Amber was in the locker room, Kris chuckled “I think our boy is in love” the others just nod in agreement while entertaining the crowd of fan girls. Amber got out of the locker room after taking a quick shower, and approached his team members. “Come on guys, we got to celebrate! Get your butts in the showers and let’s go to the beach” With that everyone cheered, however Amber’s smile slowly disappeared when he saw Jessica sitting by the bleachers with Suho. 

 


Jessica’s POV:

“I don’t know, I hope I get the part Suho” ending that with a frustrated sigh. “Don’t worry Jess, I’m sure you will. I’m crossing my fingers for the both of us” Jessica just smiled at his gentle words. The loud group caught my attention just as I was about to leave, again Amber was behind those captivating eyes. She was about to smile at him but he just looked down heading towards the exit. Before Jessica could think, she was walking at a quick pace, about to reach him. “Hey, Amber” he turned around and she was speechless for a second. “I just wanted to ask, what were you guys talking about over there?” Before Amber could answer, Suho appeared closely behind me. “Hi there, I’m Suho. We were played against each other just now” Amber’s jaw clenched for a split second, before extending his arm to shake Suho’s hand. 

 


Amber quickly guised his irritation with a smile, “Hey, yeah I remember you. It was a good game” quickly releasing his grip from the awkward handshake immediately. As if taking that as a cue, Jessica pulled Suho backwards, “What were you about to say, Am?” hearing her call him by his name, even when she intentionally shortened it, made his heart skip a beat. “Ohh that, the boys and I…well now it’s pretty much everyone you see there, we are going to the beach to celebrate” Jessica turned her head towards Suho and gave him a cheeky smile, “Can we join you?” Suho looked at her in disbelief, “But Jess, you said you were going to have dinner with my family” Jessica pouted and hugged his arm tight, “Please this one time, rain check?” Suho was charmed, he sighed “Alright this once, but I won’t be joining you guys, my parents are already waiting” Jessica turned her attention back to Amber “Okay it’s settled then” she hurriedly went back towards the bleachers to grab her bag.

 

Both of them were watching her do so, just as Amber let his guard down, Suho moved closer to Amber inches away from him “I’m going to leave Jessica with you, if anything happens to her, you’ll be held accountable. Take care of my cousin” He tapped on Amber’s shoulder before leaving the court. Amber could finally take in a breath of fresh air when he heard the word “cousin”. He smiled at himself, at his jealousy. Just before he could compose himself, she caught him “What are you smiling about?” Amber couldn’t come up with anything so he blurt out, “I am just excited for the beach” Jessica let out another cute laugh. “You are such a weirdo, cute~”  

 

Thank you guys for the subs :) let me know if anything is not up to your satisfaction. I was about to write more but it's 1am here, my eyes are having a hard time staying open. Another chapter will beup in a couple of hours, so bear with me. Forgive me for any typos as well. Peace