Chapter 3 The Beach (P1)

Why is it so hard to let go?

The car ride to the beach was a silent one, Amber was too embarrassed to speak due to his prior action.

“Earth to Amber~” Jessica was waving her hand in front of his face, Amber was released from his trance and cleared his throat, “Ahemm, you look…nice” she took the compliment with a wide smile, “Haven’t you heard, it is rude to stare” 

Once they’ve reached their destination, Amber switched off his engine and turned towards the girl. “If anyone tries anything with you, just let me know okay?” Jessica was amazed by his attention to detail, she thought she had masked her discomfort pretty well when a crowd of boys started to swarm around her but before she could mischievously comment. Amber saw her raised eyebrow, and immediately responded, “Oh I mean, Suho told me to take care of you. I’m just doing what I should” this made her sullen her shoulders, “Ohh I see” Jessica got out of the car and smiled sweetly at Amber before joining the other girls by the benches next to the barbeque.

 


Amber’s POV:

“Nice move, you stupid” I sighed aloud as her figure fades into the crowd of people. Before I could even get out of the car, Kris was knocking on my door. I gave him a heads up; that I was about to open the door but he just stood still and winked at me. I took the chance to open the door with full force but he dodged it in time. “Heyy come on bro” shrugging his shoulders in an attempt to make me feel guilty. “Don’t hey me, if you had saved me from driving Jessica over here. This awkwardness wouldn’t even be happening right now” Kris remembered Amber's pleading eyes in the basketball court and quickly defended himself before he could say anymore, “But aren’t you glad that you did? You got to talk to her…like actually talk instead of just staring at her like you always do” Amber tried to protest, “I...don’t stare” Kris only hushed him and patted him on the back, “Let's look on the bright side at least now you know where she lives, this is progress. All you have to do now is make the first move” Amber sighed in defeat, “You’re right, thanks man” Kris smiled and ushered him towards everyone.

 


Minho stood on one of the benches to grab everyone’s attention, “Alright guys, we are all here to celebrate another win, Onew you rock! And Amber you as well, without our captain we wouldn’t have gotten this far” Everyone cheered for the boys at the end of the speech, Amber chuckled and once again all the attention was on him. “Speech! Speech! Speech!” He raised both his hands and smiled, “Alright, alright, everyone thanks for coming, I know you are all happy that we won but let’s not dwell on that. We are here to have fun, yes? So let’s give a round of applause to Key, our chef of the day” everyone went silent, staring at the diva in the corner, with a cup of coke in hand, “wha---t...?” before Key could protest, Amber interupted, “Okay so that is settled, let’s all just have fun” he said as he raced Onew and Kris towards the water. Not long after the benches were cleared and the others joined Amber, Onew and Kris by the water. Key and Jonghyun were the only ones left, “This is so unfair, I’ll get Amber back for this” pouting as he stuffed more coal into the fire. Jonghyun chuckled at Key's look, "It's okay, I'll keep you company. Water is not my thing"

 

Jessica watched as the three boys pushed and shoved each other into the water, but the pleasurable sight of the cute boys was interrupted by the rapid growing number of fan girls approaching them. She grunted in annoyance and before she could muffle it, her close friend Tiffany, smirked at her direction, “Why don’t you go there and go get your man?” Jessica stared at her bestie with a stone cold gaze, “I don’t know what you are taking about” hiding her eyes behind her sunglasses. “Besides, those girls got nothing on me” Jessica took off her crop top and shorts and placed it neatly on her beach towel, urging Tiffany to do the same. “Well you are playing your cards right, Amber is staring” Jessica smiled in triumph and linked her arm around Tiffany’s as they strolled by the edge of the water, moving away from the others. 

 

Amber ruffled his hair after taking off his clinging wet shirt, exposing his toned body. He sat by his beach towel, away from the girls just to be able to see Jessica more clearly but to his surprise she was no longer where she initially was. He looked around for awhile and found two girls walking slowly in the distance. Amber squinted his eyes to get a clearer look and with that he earned a nudge, “You aren’t checking out my girlfriend are you?” Nickhun came out of nowhere with a chicken drumstick in hand. Amber nervously laughed “Haha no…..I was just, looking for Jessica” Nickhun extended his hand, signaling Amber to get up and he did. “I know. I was just teasing, I’ll go get Fany, and you can swoop in with Jessica” before Amber could say anything, Nickhun was already underway. 

 

Nickhun successfully pulled Tiffany away and left Jessica all alone. Her back was facing Amber, oblivious to the fact that he was approaching her; she kicked the water around trying to rid of her boredom. Still having her back turned, Amber got really close behind her and whispered in her ear, ever so softly, “I think all the fishies would be afraid of you by now” Jessica felt a warm breath on her neck and immediately turned around to bring hell onto whoever was responsible of scaring the crap out of her. Amber anticipated the turn and caught her raging hand about to whack his face, he smiled apologetically and uttered “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you” but Jessica was too distracted by the hardness of his abs to listen to what he had to say. 

 

Alright that is it for now, have a goodnight guys although its already morning, I'm still going to say it anyways. I hope you like Amber's hot abs appearance, HiHoHe, you asked for it :p and there is more to come too. Enjoyy~