Chapter 2 Red

Why is it so hard to let go?

“Cute…?” Amber blushed at her sudden statement, amused by his shyness; Jessica linked her arm around his and dragged what seemed like a lifeless body towards the crowd. “Hey guys, I hope you don’t mind me joining later” most of the girls in the crowd scoffed in disagreement while the boys were moving closer to her trying to help with her bag. “Jessica you should come with us, we’ll drive you…yeah~ yeah” others nodding in agreement. “Actually, I have to go home first” before they could protest or offer her a ride home, Jessica pulled Amber along waving goodbye to the rest. Amber turned around just as he was about to leave the court, with pleading eyes, telepathically asking Kris to be his savior “Help me please!” Kris only gave Amber a faint smile, in salute “Sorry, I can’t help you” sticking out his tongue. 

 

The hairs on Amber’s arm were raised, the second Jessica got close to him, the blush around his cheeks wouldn’t calm itself down. He tried shuffling the bag strap uncomfortably around his left shoulder, hinting that their arms are still linked together. But Jessica didn’t seem to notice, she still clinging onto him until Amber had stopped walking. “Ohh is this your car?” Amber merely nodded, opening the door for her like a gentleman. “Why am I not surprised its red?” he was alarmed by her statement. “Red is my favorite color you know, unless you know that already” raising his eyebrow as he said so, puzzled by his sudden forwardness, he bit his lower lip to stop his cheeky self from freaking her out.

 

Surprised by his change is demeanor, Jessica dropped her hands around his arm with a nervous laugh, “Uhh, no…why would I do that? I see that you are getting more comfortable with me” Amber mimicked her laugh “Oh I don’t know, you might be stalking me for all I know” giving her a smirk before closing the passenger door. 

 

Fortunately for her, the door was separating the two because Jessica’s heart was beating ten times faster when she saw him ily biting his lower lip. She tossed her bag to the back seat, straightening out the folds on her skirt to calm her nerves. She had thought he was just a funny guy but after today it seems that he is quite the gentleman with a cheeky side, something that keeps her wanting more, to know more about him. After what felt like ages, Amber finally got into the driver’s seat, “So...where is your house by the way?” Jessica took her time before answering, “It’s actually not too far from here, at xxxxxxx” Amber’s eyes widen, just as he turned his attention towards the road. “I don’t want to sound too weird but I actually live a block away from you” that resulted in Jessica turning attention onto Amber in disbelief. She was soon captivated by his naturally flexing biceps and his jawline. Jessica swatted her dirty mind away from that direction, focusing on the road ahead, before Amber caught her intentively staring.

 

“I guess we are here” Amber was admiring her house from the distance, puzzled by the lack of response; he turned to his side to find sweet Jessica sleeping soundly. He smiled at himself as he watched her breathe slowly in and out. He extended his hand about to tuck her hair behind her ear, just to get a closer look at her beautiful face. But before he could do so, Jessica’s eye lids were fluttering, taking this as a cue to back away, Amber took back his hand and nudged her gently, “Hey there, wake up sleepy head, we are here”

 


Jessica’s POV:

Before I could stop myself, my tired eye lids dropped on me. “I’ll just wake up before he catches me” I shifted my body to the side to get comfortable, with Amber in plain sight. Before I could get any sleep done, a nudge woke me up, “MmmMm, five more minutes” shrugging my shoulders to rid of the annoying presence of someone’s hand. “But Jess, if we don’t hurry, we would be the last ones to get there” it took time for me to process, “Last ones? For what…? Ohh ” I shot up, now sitting straight, making Amber jump up from his seat in surprise. “Wait here” grabbing the bag from the back seat and rushing out of the car. Amber chuckled and let himself out of the car, while shouting, “I was just kidding, take your time”     

 


Amber turned off the engine and waited outside, enjoying the summer sun. “I hope she won’t take long though” he whiped out his phone to text Jonghyun, “Hey, I’m just waiting for Jessica to get changed, see you guys in a bit” then proceeding on to scrolling through his social networks, thanking those who came to the tournament and responding to comments.

 

Jessica rummaged through her closet and took out her two of her best bikinis, plain white and a floral red piece. While trying to choose between the two, all she could think about was what Amber said about red being his favorite color. For a second there Amber’s face infiltrated her mind, causing her to space out but she soon shook her head and brought herself back to reality, “I’m not choosing this because of him, it’s just my favorite bikini…yes this is all me~” she was talking to her own reflection, eyeing herself down, making sure she looks good. When everything was set, she wore a white crop top and khaki short over the bikini. She swung her beach bag over her shoulder and looked at herself one last time before leaving the room.

 

Amber was too busy watching a recorded video on cute dogs, to notice that Jessica had already came outside. When he heard footsteps getting closer, he locked his phone and stuffed it into his pocket. Without raising his head up he uttered, “So are we re—“ he couldn’t finish his sentence when he saw the absolutely cute outfit she was wearing. Or more importantly, he was staring at her flawless legs, not realising his mouth was hanging slightly open. 

 

What's up guys? Sorry this one took so long, I was proof reading, and changed the direction of this chapter countless times, its not even funny. But I hope you like it. Cheers