Chapter 13 He was never here

Why is it so hard to let go?

There was warmth radiating on the bed, Krystal unconsciously moved closer and cuddled the source. The feeling of something beating at a constant rate distracted her sleep. She slowly opened her eyes and pointed her chin up. Amber’s sleeping face came to view, a smile crept up her lips thinking that this was all a dream but as time passed he was still there and the fact that she could physically touch him confirmed that this was in fact not a dream. Her eyes widened as she was about to slap him awake but after fully inspecting his and her fully clothed body, she sighed in relief and rested her head back down on her pillow. She lifted her arm away from the contact and took a glimpse at the clock. ‘7.40am’ she rubbed her eyes and yawned “20 minutes to get ready….I’m going to be late” Krystal was about to gently nudge Amber awake but the sound of Luna’s voice behind her closed door startled her and all she could think of to do was get Amber off her bed.

 

*Boom* a loud thud was heard from inside the room, Luna immediately burst into the room with a worried look, “Soojung, what was that?” Krystal sat up on her bed, scratching the back of her head, trying to come up with an excuse, “Ohh that…err my phone fell” she pointed to the mobile object conveniently on the floor, right next to the mass blanket pile. “That didn’t sound like a phone, anyway why are you still in bed? If you take any longer, we’re going to leaving without you” Krystal smiled and got out bed standing right in front of her blanket as she approached Luna. “Yeah I was just about to get ready. So why don’t you wait outside?” pushing Luna out forcibly. “Oh and one thing, Soojung have you seen Amber? Sulli said she got him to come into your room to wake you up” Krystal faked a smile “Oh Sulli said that? I didn’t see Amber in here. Actually you guys should leave first, I won’t be long. I bet Amber is already there” just as Krystal finished her sentence, a soft grunt was heard under her blanket. Luna turned around and raised an eyebrow but Krystal pushed her out with all her might. “Unnie I’ll see you in SM building ok?” slamming the door behind her, not waiting for Luna’s response.

 

She leaned back against the door and heavily breathed out. Amber tossed the blanket on the bed and rubbed his back, the fall got him good. Amber turned around and saw Krystal by the door, she walked up to him with a cold expression and that made him freeze in his spot. Instead of reigning hell on him, she walked towards the window and peeked out. Curious, Amber followed her lead and looked out the window as well. All three of the girls were walking in the street heading to the SM building, they both sighed in relief. “I’m sorry about just now, I didn’t mean to fall asleep on your bed” Krystal turned her attention to him, looking straight into his eyes, “Why were you on my bed in the first place? You didn’t have anything dirty in your mind when you climbed on, did you?” Amber gasped and responded innocently, “No, I’m not dirty. I mean I wasn’t thinking of anything dirty. Actually, you were the one who pulled me in” she bit back her spiteful comments and held her head low with a pink tinge on her cheeks. “Buttt…if you weren’t in the room this wouldn’t have happened in the first place” gesturing at the mess he had caused. Her face was flushed with embarrassment, “I was only trying to turn off the alarm, and you wouldn’t wake up no matter how loud it rang” Amber said in response.

 

She immediately composed herself crossing her arms on her chest trying to dismiss what he just said, “Well, I have to take a shower and get ready now” Amber rubbed the back of his neck, “Ohh, I should leave the room…right~” he hurriedly scurried out of the room, gently closing the door behind him. Krystal placed both her hands on her cheeks to cool down her red cheeks and also her fast beating heart.