Chapter 10 New Contract

Why is it so hard to let go?

Amber's POV:

I watched as her van took off into the distance as I whispered her name under my breath, hoping to see her again. I swung my duffel bag just behind my shoulder and approached a nearby taxi. It wasn't hard for the taxi driver to locate the address when I showed him, as if he knew the route by heart. He gave me a thumbs up as he drove away, leaving me by the front door of the company building. I sighed loudly, gathering my courage before entering the building. As the sliding doors open, it was as if all that I've imagined, how the interior would look like had become a reality, the walls were decorated with gold and platinum records by famous international bands and groups. It took me awhile to be awaken from my daze just as the receptionist was calling out to me, trying to determine the business I had with the company. "Sir, do you have an appointment?" I hesitated for a second, "Um, not really Mr Lee Soo Man asked me to come here when I land in Korea" the receptionist stared at me and moments later her eyes grew wide. "Ohh, you must be Amber Liu, give me a moment" she took a seat and dialed on the phone right in front of her. "Yes sir, I'll bring him up" she put down the phone and beckoned me to follow her.

 

When we were in the elevator, she tapped on the second highest level and turned around facing me before introducing herself, "I'm Ailee, nice to meet you" I slid my hand in hers and gave her a sweet smile. When the elevator door opened, we were greeted with a wide office space, with a big living room in the middle. "Sir, Amber Liu is here" announced Ailee as we entered the living room space, "Okay, that is all for now, you may leave us Ailee" she gave Lee Soo Man a 90 degree bow and left the room as prompted.

 


Lee Soo Man took a seat by a big arm chair and motioned Amber to do the same. He placed a piece of paper on the coffee table and faced Amber with an apologetic expression, "Amber, it seems that there is a few changes that I would like to make regarding your contract" he tapped his ball-point pen on the table waiting for Amber's response. He gave no immediate reaction, merely raising an eyebrow in question, "What are we changing exactly?" Lee Soo Man gave him a weak smile, grateful that his plan did not backfire. "The other producers and artists heard a snippet of your vocals together with the composition of songs you sent us previously, and we think it is a great idea for you to join a new group we are forming. But of course we would still like you to be a music composer for the company" excitement started to build up, Amber was shocked at the sudden offer. Without a second of hesitation Amber stood up and bowed to Lee Soo Man, "Thank you sir!" this earned another smile from the producer, "Come now Amber no need for the formalities. I just have one question though, would you like to keep your current name as your stage name or would you like to change it. Not that there is anything wrong with Amber.." He took a couple of minutes to contemplate the idea and finally settling on one, "What about AJ?" 

 

The producer nodded in agreement, "That will do perfectly. So its settled then" he handed Amber a new contract and it was signed immediately. "Your dorm is not far from here, I'll let Ailee take it from here. She'll show you around and remember Amb....I mean AJ, training will start at 8am everyday with exceptions of the weekends, so don't be late" Amber's jaw dropped, "8AM?!" before he could protest, he was shoved out of the office, into the elevator's closing doors. "Rest up there rookie" Lee Soo Man gave Amber a mischievous smirk as the doors close on him. "What have I got myself into.....?"

 

Can you guys guess what group Amber is joining? lol that was a silly question. All you readers would know...surely~ Anyway I'll leave it here for now, there is more excitement to come. Thanks for the comments, keep supporting this fanfic guys!! We've made 100 subs today. Hip hip Hooray to all you guys~ <3