Novelty

Relinqueretur
 
 

A beautiful young lady hurried through the set of steps, still with complete attire from the red cocktail dress to the darker-colored pumps. She didn’t care to even take off any of it, since she heard the person who babysits her boy told that she sort of get loose of minding the little one. Suzy was back again to Kai’s bedroom after checking the playroom and he wasn’t there. She then perceived one of the windows of the boy’s room has opened, the one that led straight toward an enormous tree next to the central house. She had that kind of feeling that someone was watching her moves from the hedge, yet she still approaching and gravely observing it. At that time, some rattle from nearby staggered her.

“Kai!”

Suzy shrieked seeing her son was seated next to her, adjacent to the knick-knack chest. She embraced the boy who was playing with his red toy car directly free from qualm. The little Kai looked a bit confused seeing his mother acting like that by sudden.

“I guess we should move this box, so it won’t hush you up next time.”

The little boy answered his mother with such fetching grin, the lady chose to accompany the child rather to be downstairs blending with the invitees. She put him on her lap and frolicked together with him.

A few moments later, a pale young man came with two other lads. The tallest quickly took a seat next to Suzy and the little Kai.

“I knew the kid can’t be missing in this heavy guarded house.”

Chanyeol said as he pinched the toddler fluffy cheek. Tao later joined them on the flooring, goofing with Suzy’s baby.

“How come they look so much alike—“

“As he is the birth father, of course.”

The giant quickly responded Tao’s cross-examination through low voice. Suzy reacted to them inaudibly with a profound smile, making those two feeling someway soothed. Sehun had told some of his closest comrades about what happened to his tanned best friend, en route for moving back to the country.

“So, Kai… What do you think of having handsome uncles like us?”

Chanyeol held the tiny hand on the lady’s support, the kid merely responding him with words. Suzy made an explanation why her boy couldn’t give the young man an answer.

“He’s still learning to speak, as for now he hasn’t said anything yet…”

“Really? Then, what word you wanted him to uttered first?”

“Of course I wanted him to say ‘mommy’, but we taught him to say ‘daddy’ as well.”

Suzy gazed to her fiancé, while Chanyeol advanced by nudging the Chinese man limb to mind the palest, which just stood at the threshold. He looked so much relieved knowing Kai hasn’t disappeared as he had terrified of. The giant then knew that the youngest of the group would be pleased if he referred as the boy’s father.

“Kai-yah… Say ‘daddy’… Dad-dy… D-a-d-d-y…” Chanyeol showed the toddler how to pronounce the word with his strangely deep voice. The little Kai considered him by puzzlement at first, whereas Suzy and Tao watched them with enjoyment and some assistance in addition.

Sehun, then, observed the surroundings through such sense and headed for the opened gap at last.

“What’s wrong, Hunnie?”

Suzy asked the husband-to-be.

“It’s not safe letting this unlocked with a child and no one else in the room.”

He answered just before shutting the hole-in-the-wall.

 


 

At another place not too far away…

 

A tanned young man rushed into his room in one of a plain inn on the outskirts. He felt rather groggy from the time when he sort of abortive doing the task he received. In advance of almost falling from a ten-feet-tall tree, since he nearly failed what he assigned for. Kai took a quick shower before he finally rested his giddy head on the futon, with a bare torso, somehow it was a thing he used to like always.

Not so long after, a much paler guy came into the room, he awakened the sleeping Kai.

“You didn’t make it, did you?”

The darker younger scratched his head as he didn’t get enough time to rest, before answering his companion.

“Kind of…”

“Well, take some time to succeed it. I’ll convince master to tolerate another week.”

Kai nodded hearing the older, just before he held him when about to departing.

“I saw you there mingling with those people… Can I ask you something?”

The other person indicated an agreement, although somewhat hesitantly and then back standing near to the mattress edge.

“Did I know them?”

There was an abrupt silence then.

“Not your occupational necessity to be discerned about that.”

The tanned guy fairly nodded and walked his friend to the doorstep, then the sudden aching on his head him again.

“What’s wrong, Kai?”

“I-I… Uh… It keeps hammering me because of then…”

“Then? What?”

“That lady… It’s getting worse ever since I watched her in that kid’s room…” He put a hand on his colleague’s shoulder as one other was on the slight injury on his crest. “Lay…” Kai exclaimed before making his point clearer. “W-wh… Who is she? Who are th-those…people?”

“You need a time-out.”

And that was all what Lay reacted, handling the practically fainted person on his clench.

 


 

On the next middle of week, a fine-looking couple was in a distinguished boutique at the center of business district. Looking around of some formal dress suit intended for their impending matrimony event. The young man looked uninterested with the whole bridal preparation as the lady beside him was demanding to pick some designs for their attire. Sehun looked to his phone to find a distraction from the ceremonial get-up.

“I… Um… I gotta go meeting some client…”

Suzy scrutinized profoundly to the guy next to her. She could tell whether he was lying or not just by doing that.

“You promise that you’ll be involved in all of these things.”

“Well, yeah…”

Sehun identified he couldn’t be more mendacious than that. “Suzy-yah… I told you I don’t care about these things. We can go to the city hall now and get hitched…” Then, he knew his answer didn’t please his girl at all. He altered all the things he said earlier with much more delighting respond. “Okay, I’ll let you manage all of this, I’ll wear anything you want me to wear on that day, but, please… Let. Me. Get. Out. Of. Here.”

“What if I order a custom bright pink suit for you?”

The young lady tried to hold her giggle while asking that to the pale young man, whose face got crumpled and edges pursed by hearing that.

“You want me to— Urgh… Whatever, even I can pull off some rainbow costume if you want to…”

“No, Hunnie… I’m just kidding.” She gave a peck on his thin lips. “Okay, you are pleased to go now. I’ll get home by cab.”

Sehun halted his departure to reply her. “No, I won’t let you. I’ll come over again to pick you up.”

Suzy replied her overprotective man with a straight smile. The palest guy soon took his mobile when he was out from that place, contacting an innermost number from it. He spoke straightaway when the other person answered the phone call.

“Where are you?”

 

“What took you so long?”

A pair of full-sized eyes couldn’t hold the astonishment hearing that from a person that forced him to come in less than thirty minutes.

“Sehun-ah, it’s a miracle that I managed to get ready in not as much as an hour.”

The palest contemplated the older with his flat yet cold stare, he scoffed at last knowing what Chanyeol said was true. The giant quickly chose a cup of latte and pie from the menu since he didn’t get to eat anything as Sehun told him to come fast.

“You’re quite available these days …”

The younger observed the guy across him who was occupied by his brunch. The older later looked at Sehun to give him respond.

“I’m not having too much idea to sell in the meantime. In fact, when did I never present to any of my bestie—”

“Not having that much inkling to write or…” Sehun smirked just before resuming the inquiry. “That many ladies to get laid?”

If Baekhyun and Tao, or even Luhan joined them, Chanyeol would be a mocking material in instant.

“Sehun-ah, as you get older, there aren’t many women are available for you like when you were still at school… You’re lucky you’ve settled with one.”

The palest smiled full of triumphant toward the older. “I guess I’m lucky as well that I have her. She’s currently pick and choose outline for our wedding well along.”

“Really? Whoa… None of us ever thought that you’ll be the one who gets to tie the knot first. I even thought that it would be—“

“Jongin and her?”

Chanyeol got speechless hearing what the younger had assumed.

“No, Sehun-ah… That’s not what I’m about to say…”

It really wasn’t, but apparently it was what Sehun wanted to converse about. On the contrary, it forced him fell into his own stillness.

“Hey… What is it?”

The giant tried to break the silence.

“I think I saw him a few days ago.”

“That’s not possible. He’s not here anymore, Sehun-ah.”

Sehun facepalmed himself as Chanyeol moved his limb closer to the younger. He didn’t lay his back on the settee to any further extent.

“It was just because you have yearned of seeing him.”

“I hope he’s still alive, Yeol… It’s not because I don’t want to be with Suzy. I love her, like seriously… I have never wanted to be separated with her ever since we were kids. It actually my wish came true to spend the rest of our life together. Hence I want Jongin to be here with us and give his blessing.”

Sehun chuckled indignantly reminiscing so many good times he had with the tanned buddy.

“Oh God… I miss that dark brat.”

“I know… Me too.” Chanyeol sighed prior to speaking his own term. “We all do miss him.”

The younger impartially eyed to the older on the opposite with no words.

“Sehun-ah, let’s get this on the bright side… For me, Kai cherished and trusted you so much, that’s why he left Suzy and his son for you to be taken care of. Since that he’s gone... We all got to move on, and so do you.”

Some last verses from Chanyeol finally got Sehun a little composed.

 


 

“Kai…”

Suzy searched for her little one after arriving in the quiet mansion. As her future mother-in-law was abroad, and the house solely occupied by the boy, a caretaker, and some house guards. She planned to take the boy along downtown, but since Sehun and her were all set when the boy was still asleep, she chose to leave him be in conclusion. Hitherto she couldn’t find her lad in any places. Not in the bedchamber, the playroom, or even her space as well. Not so long before she found the private caretaker was being tied in one of the empty rooms’ closet.

“I’m sorry, miss… That man was so—“

“What man?!”

Suzy couldn’t hold her fluster facing the very frail-looking and unaided custodian. She rushed to the study where her fiancé at. Far along, all the bouncers of the residence were ready for the housemaster’s condemn in the central hall.

“How come dozens grownups like you lose a very little kid?!”

Sehun expressed his fury to all the guards. Meanwhile, Suzy kneaded her lightheaded on one of the sofa as too disordered thinking about her missing baby.

“Can’t we just call the police? They already said none of them observed something from the security monitors…”

Though waiting for the forces to come, Donghae, who came later, led the officers to inspect the entire house spaces.

“Anything fishy, hyung?”

 Sehun finally left his fiancée to the little boy’s room, catching up with the older.

“I’m pretty sure the kidnapper went in from here… Since the huge tree covered much sight to be shot...”

Donghae point the unlocked window, the same one which the younger taped up a few days earlier, judging it wasn’t safe to keep it opened. Sehun discerned it at once, that the executant was also in the house on that same period. As well as that person must be so adept to avoid the sequences that located all around the shielded area.

 


 

In one of a modest room on the outskirts inn…

 

It probably because the similarity of their call, or more, which made Kai has softened to the little boy he kidnapped earlier. He wasn’t the type of person that keen for children, as that what he remembered for the last couple years. Nevertheless, he sensed that he should become gentler toward this one. By way of judging the current problem, the little boy had cried all the way from the mansion to his temporary place in the unacquainted region.

“Listen, kid…” Kai kneeled and put his hands on the tiny shoulder. “I don’t know what to do with you… I beg you to stop crying for God’s sake…”

He didn’t know what to do to calm down a weeping toddler, as he didn’t get any particular training for it.

“K-Kai…”

He actually felt weird to exclaim a name that similar to him.

“I couldn’t figure what you want if you keep boo-hoo-ing like this!”

The little one stopped the weeping as he heard the older’s tone got higher, then he started crying harder.

“Okay, okay… I’m sorry… I guess you’re not a tough love fan.”

Of course you idiot, he’s just a kid. Kai heard some familiar voices on his mind. He began to hold the kid as he was calmer when he carried him along the former road at this juncture. Moreover, the child seemed understanding his apology, and then stopped the wail.

“Ah…” Kai remembered something he snatched from the kid’s room before, and took it from his bag. It was a red toy car, which he had seen played a lot by a kid ever since he first saw him at an earlier time. The little boy tried to reach the knick-knack on the tanned hand.

“You like it so much, do you?”

He got puzzled when the kid only responded him with nodding.

“Hang on…” He looked intensely to the boy. “Are you mute?”

There was no respond for him, and Kai instinctively communicate him a word.

“Let’s try to say Kai… It’s our wonderful name…”

He put the boy on the futon.

“Come on… K-a-i…”

The boy merely stared to the older since he was busy with the toy.

“Okay, then… What’s word your mommy and daddy had taught you?”

He felt like the toy was much more interesting than him. Kai lastly scoffed and intended heading to the restroom to wash himself up.

“D-daddy…”

He already took off his shirt when an uttered word from the little boy stopped him. Kai rushed back to the mattress where he placed the infant.

“D-did you just say something? Thank God… I thought you were kind of slow or what.”

After all, the kid gave him a full attention above the car.

“Daddy…”

And that seemed the only word he could’ve uttered. Kai looked to the boy, sort of relieved, and he was ready to teach him another term.

“Come on, kid… That won’t be your only expression… He grinned. Besides, I’m not your daddy.”