FINALE (part 2)

Relinqueretur
 
 

Suzy and her group of bridesmaids arrived very early at the venue, since they would prepare the makeup and else on the provided suite. When she got out from the vehicle while carrying her baby, she perceived a familiar young man was standing near the place entrance and he approached her right away. Kai tightened his coat as the morning autumn weather was brisk whilst he walked toward his little one and the mother.

“Hey…”

“Hey… Aren’t you supposed to be here like in another four hours?”

The young lady greeted such familiar individual that rubbed the son’s hair and then gave a light peck.

“Yeah… I just… Catching some fresh air and ending up being here.”

Indeed, Kai didn’t tell her that he left his sleeping group of friends at the condo more than an hour ago. Their dwelling was located not too far from the site. Suzy passed the little boy to carry by her supposed-to-be-mother-in-law. Then asked the rest of the ladies to come into the place, leaving they both alone. She indeed noticed there was something distressing with the man she has the frontage on.

“What’s the matter?”

“So… I guess this is it, huh?” Kai put his chilly hands outside the coat pocket after a while. He grabbed hers and then wrapped it to his. “I’ll see you before we walk to the altar, then…”

“O-okay…”

Suzy didn’t know how to properly respond him. She didn’t even budge when he untwined their hands and put his back inside the coat then and there left. Thenceforward, he turned around again instead.

“I love you, Suzy-yah… I always do.

None of them could avoid the prompt stillness that occurred within. Until Suzy began to enclose and Kai overlapped her by expressed something to conclude with.

“No, don’t. I don’t want you to have any sympathy.”

He forced smiling to some certain extent. Suzy moved a couple steps forward, getting near to him.

“Sometimes I still wish things were not happening this way…”

She said that while smiled such a heartfelt some.

“Well, don’t…” He forced his edge to be curved once more. “Because it is.”

He was about to set sights on away and departed from there.

“Kai…”

She made he delayed for the second time.

“By the time you had all your memories back… That’s when you’ll know exactly, what I got to say now in return for you…is far beyond than just sympathy.”

Suzy was the first to left the young man at the open-air. She could not hold her waterworks any longer by the time she went through the entrance. As well as Kai, who let go of the streams that he was upholding, after saying the farewell to the one that he sure would love in perpetuity.

 


 

In advance hours for the rite…

 

Sehun was having a glass of coffee when Kai entered the condo. He confronted the best pal with his frank inquisition from the eating table.

“Where have you been?”

“Oh Sehun…”

The tanned guy couldn’t conceal his perplexity knowing the palest was already got awakened. He cautiously took a seat across Sehun at the dining room. It turned out made him prying more.

“You’re mentioning my full name?”

“I was… Catching some fresh air.”

That wasn’t a hard task for the youngest to observe the white lie created by Kai.

“And where have you gone to get that fresh air?”

“Uh… Somewhere near—“

Not even a minute equal to Sehun hypothetical analyze was arresting.

“You met her, weren’t you?”

No one has ever succeeded to escape from the piercing contemplation of the coldest human being.

“I just went there to meet my son. Okay, I need to use the bathroom…”

“Jongin-ah, sit.”

The older one was certainly back to the chair.

“Sehun-ah, I was—“

“Silent.”

That was the most talking they did after the night they sort of had fall out, ahead of going back to their hometown.

“I’ve been thinking a lot ever since we returned here—”

“I’m sorry Sehun-ah… I didn’t mean—“

“My lips still moving. I’m talking Kim Jongin, and I hate on getting sacked when I do it…”

Kai had no choice but thought of having another discord with his bestest buddy that morning.

“I was thinking… Perhaps it’s the best that you’re the one that marrying her.”

“Seriously, I’m so sorry, Sehun-ah… I did not meet her— what?? What did you say?!”

“I’m not going to be today’s groom.”

It took a full minute of Kai getting stoned up to Sehun handed over his drink, and then the tanned guy quaffed it until the cup got empty.

“Urgh… Americano is not my thing…”

“So, Jongin-ah—“

“You’re insane.”

“Hey… You think I’m not serious?”

“You’re ing kidding me—”

“Yeoooooooolll!!!”

The giant soon got out from the room, which occupied by him and his still-slumbering-sidekick overnight. Chanyeol scratched his messy locks as sitting between the youngers. He yawned the minute he began the call for.

“What?”

“He doesn’t believe me when I told him about he’s the one that getting hitched today.”

“Hold up, hold up… I’m the one that— wait, he knew about this??”

“Yup.”

“Since when?”

“Sehunnie been musing this on from the time when we were in Europe.”

Kai was still holding disbelief toward the two other persons.

“Did I was the one that not knowing this plot for myself?”

“Well… I asked Tao to come with me picking up your suit.”

“Let’s wake him to start making over this dark dude…”

The tallest then walked to the other bedroom to waken up the Chinese guy. It was Sehun and Kai that remained at where they were.

“This is opposing what you have spoken back then.”

“Jongin-ah…” Sehun had swiftly moved next to his best tanned buddy. “You said she is worth of everything, right?”

Kai merely nodded in the same way staring to the palest pal.

“I might provide all of it, but… Somehow I understand, when you’re with her and more with your son… That is what everything really stands for.”

“But, our farewell already set earlier…”

“And so there will be no other farewell between you two.”

The tanned one kept staring at the palest.

“Don’t you love her, Sehun-ah?”

The youngest strived to snicker by way of wrapping his pale arm to the steady tanned edge.

“I guess there’s no one could love her better than you.”

Those set of two ended their whole-hearted conversation with a hold close, such as their much more rising brotherly care, and then they began getting ready for the pre-lunch event.

“God bless you, Oh Sehun.”

 

“Why in the world I should be doing it?!”

“In view of the fact that you’re technically still the best man.”

A few hours later, one group of five young men arrived at the ceremonial location. Baekhyun and Tao were rushed to the restroom as fixing their appearance, while the other three were ready to get into the main hall. Hitherto, a single hitch yet hasn’t been solved.

“Aren’t you the one that altering the entire plan and causing it this way?”

“Yeol, isn’t it enough for me not taking my meant-to-be wedding day as it was?”

“Sehun-ah, are you actually not willing this to be happen?”

Another person got distracted by what the palest had spoken.

“No, no… You keep concentrating on your vow, Jongin-ah.”

Two other people were back from checking out themselves afterward.

“What are you two being so noisy about?”

“This brat…” Chanyeol pointed the youngest of their group. “Forced me to inform everyone about the exchanging groom.”

“Tch…” Baekhyun snorted, but then, “Yeah, you should do it considering you are the best speaker.”’

“Why can’t you be on my side in this kind of situation, Baek?” The giant then snooped for another decoy. “What about him?”

“Tao? You want the whole room be misunderstood by the entire state?”

“Hey, Sehun-ah…” The Chinese guy felt offended of hearing it.

“Hey… That supposed to be said by me.” The petite guy added.

Chanyeol pondered in jiffy before finally making up his mind.

“Okay, if I should going down, then I’m taking somebody with me.”

 

Well along, the pranksters’ duo was on the side altar platform, facing so many guests that already in attendance for the ceremony. They were certainly apprehensive as should notify lots people about the alteration. Chanyeol was testing the mic, checking if it been working properly. He clasped both of his palms, and then began to speak.

“Good day, everyone… You all are looking very stunning at this incredibly blessed day…”

“Praise the Lord…”

The tallest elbowed the petite guy to have a word, instead of ridiculing him and being incompetent. Baekhyun then remained secure behind the soaring comrade.

“As the groom best man, I feel mandatory to inform you that the whole event will be starting as it should be in…” Chanyeol looked at the watch on his left wrist, to waste some ticking. “Precisely forty nine minutes.” He grinned and could be not hiding his edginess further. “How…ever…”

“The groom will be not the one that written on the invitation.”

All eyes in the vast room were on the giant as his short buddy was back hiding in arrears him, as soon as he finished pronounced the direct statement.

“Excuse us for a sec…”

The full-sized-eyes individual spared himself and his best friend to have speedy discussion.

“What the are you doing?!”

“Hey, hey… Language. We’re on the side of God’s sacred table.” The petite limb directed the sanctuary slab adjoining them. “These people have right to know straightaway, Yeol…”

“Yeah, but you’re using me as your shield and I should be holding their weird stares.”

“Whatever, at least it’s going to be settled now.” Baekhyun replied in such lack of concern, so much alike him.

“Ugh… That freaking Oh Sehun ought to repay me heaps.”

 

Then the fate has been twisted by the authority of a mortal will…

 


 

“He’s in the altar, waiting for his bride.”

Sehun smiled as answering the young lady he should be walking on the aisle. Suzy then halted when the pale guy drew her to begin walking through the lane.

“Hunnie, what is this all about?”

“This is what you both should have done from a long time ago.”

She was still hesitant from start marching, taking place to shed tears instead. The pale limbs then grasped her delicate fingers harder, and then brushing it from her cheeks. At that point, he looked at her glimmering pair of eyes through the not-yet-secure covering.

“Come on… It’s definitely right for all of us.”

He enclosed the veil and they finally began striding.

 

“You have read my kinda letter, huh?”

Once again, Sehun made Suzy rather gaping as he handing her to the future husband, in advance to commencement of the occasion. Kai then opened the veil that concealing the beautiful façade he always longed for, after taking the gentle hand that passed by his bestest friend. The tanned young man smiled as widely as he could not take off his stare from hers, and so did she.

“So, this will be you and me.” He said.

“Yes…” She replied him with such indescribable joy. “It’s now will be you and me.”

And the reverend initiated the matrimonial formality.

 

Kai and Suzy seek for their best friend, who actually planned the entire event, but then it got delayed by the appearance of her family. They lastly made it to the wedding reception right after the ceremony finished. As accompanying his wife favorably gathered with her folks, Kai perceived a slender back of the palest leaving the scene, and no one have ever seen him on the rest of the day. Onwards…

 


 


 

It was Sehun first time returning to his hometown after a few years of his leave-taking. The pale young man had returned to be present on the little Kai fifth birthday. That daybreak, he asked the chauffeur to make a stop at a coffee house on his way back to his condo. The place was vacant after Kai and Suzy moved to the tanned’s old dwelling. That long-standing residence was apparently still being kept by Ken, which was Kai’s distant cousin, who attended their wedding back then. The small family lived happily at their modest house for several durations by now.

 

As the recent autumn weather was chilly, the pale guy chose to enjoy his hot beverage inside. Then soon, he observed someone si familier was on a couple tables away from him. The signature tongue-out was occurring within, he took off his beanie and fixing the messy hair that covered under. Sehun doubted for a moment to approach the person who was busy with various papers on the surface. However, he still did it in the end.

“Excuse me…”

The party that got called by him could not hide the bewilderment, and nearly leapt off her seat as recognizing the person she hasn’t seen for long.

“Sehunnie!!!”

At that point, the palest never felt such assured to enfold someone he somewhat hankered for.

 

Those set of two spent the late morning at the café by way of telling plentiful pieces. There were three cups by the same token, on both sides of the table. And then, it was almost noon when Sehun finally spilled what was on his mind from the beginning.

“Aren’t you feeling hungry?”

“Not really. I had french toast earlier, why?”

It wasn’t the answer he was expecting. “Uhm… Krystal-yah,” The pale guy coughed in place of adjusting his speaking tone. “Would you mind having lunch with me?”

She never thought of hearing that kind of request from the only person, which she still wished for through conviction. Krystal never had beamed that eclectic such as answering him. “Sure. And… Are we going now?”

“It’s always better now or never, huh?”

Sehun replied her with comparable sincere smile and they took off from there. The pair headed to another eating spot to spend their afternoon by one accord.

 

 

TO BE SETTLED.