Imperfection

Relinqueretur
 
 

“You really sure you want to take him to the house?”

Sehun just nodded and answered Donghae without hesitation well ahead.

“Please check up more about what I’ve spoken to you earlier… You know, about some people that might demand him to do all of this. He said he wasn’t doing this by his own desire.”

“Sure.”

Donghae shut the black vehicle’s door as Sehun entered it with the sleeping child on his arms, and the adult Kai was already inside it. Of course, with some extra escorts to make him safeguarded. Kai restricted himself to not spilling whatever, which would harm the society he worked with, in any case that he would be imprisoned by these people. He just followed where they would take him to as he already caught off guard kidnapping a toddler.

The car that placed in the middle of the entourage was quiet as there was none of its passenger mind to do the talking. Until a tiny, soft voice cracked the still hush, when they have reached almost half of the journey back to the city.

“D-daddy…”

Sehun got startled and looked directly to the little boy on his limb. Who turned out, by far, was performing a sleep talking. The petite lad merely changed his position and resumed his nap on the palest lap.

“I supposed you know that is the only word he could’ve uttered…”

Sehun gazed to the person sitting next to him, Kai, who simply smiled and stared to the snoozing little boy. The tanned one already got pleasant with the baby for more than two days he was in his supervision.

“He hasn’t been able to talk when the last time I saw him.”

At flash, Kai gazed to the palest who said that.

“Well… You must’ve been happy to know that he can call you ‘daddy’ starting from now…”

He was back watching the kid again, he didn’t know why he couldn’t stop flattering the little one. Sehun looked intently outside to the road as he would express some bitter fact, which he definitely would face in near future.

“I’m not his real father.”

“I-I’m sorry…”

Kai felt sincerely bad hearing that from someone he fairly known for the last couple hours. He quickly distracted his view to outside, but then he was back staring at the palest.

“Excuse me… Um…”

“Sehun.”

The palest quickly mentioned his name so that Kai wouldn’t have hard time labelling him. Sehun contemplated the tanned guy and then giving his whole focus.

“Sehun-ssi—“

“No need to use honorific, please.”

Actually, Kai was a bit flustered since he had never faced such a person who fancied cutting other people’s line, as far as he remembered. He resumed his inquiry toward Sehun, nevertheless.

“Where are you taking me?”

“To my house.”

His respond certainly made Kai got confounded. He thought he would be jailed by the pale guy.

“Really?”

“Yes.”

Kai also never found any person in the last couple years that has such unreadable expression like this one. He couldn’t guess what’s on Sehun’s mind. This guy will be tough to deal with, Kai spoke in his own head.

“May I…know why?”

For a moment, Kai thought Sehun was mad at him for asking that question.

“Because you’re always like a brother to me.”

On the contrary, he was sure what Sehun said to him was true.

 

A beautiful young lady welcomed a bunch of people in the mansion at dusk. But, she stiffened as soon as she noticed a very familiar façade within. Suzy took her little boy quickly and rushed toward to central stairs once she thought it wouldn’t be the real Kai she had seen. Kai thought with certainty, that she was the little boy’s mother, even though he didn’t know why there was always a scarce beating inside his chest and sudden twinge on his head every time he saw her.

“Hyung, could you please make sure a space for him upstairs?”

Sehun instructed Donghae to take care of Kai, as he eyed to tanned guy himself.

“You can choose any room you feel comfortable with there… Well, now, if you may excuse me…”

Then, he went to the room where his fiancée and the little boy were at. Sehun took a seat next to his lady, who was placing her baby on the comfy surface.

“Did you see what I see?”

Suzy asked her fiancé once he rested next to her on bed’s edge.

“Can you be more specific?” He replied.

“That couldn’t be him, Hunnie… We all know that he’s gone.”

“I know that is really him… And I’m sure you can feel it, too.”

“But, Hunnie…”

“Suzy-yah…” Sehun took both of her hands and wrapped it on his. “Don’t we all want to have him back?”

“Yeah, but… He didn’t seem recognizing us…”

“I’m quite sure that he sort of having a memory loss.”

“Oh…”

Sehun brushed the girl’s fallen hair before he was exiting the room. But then, she held him by giving a very tight hug at the threshold, and then both of them fell into an abrupt stillness.

“I promised to get him back, did I?”

Sehun simpered when he spoke that to her. He already had so much mixed feelings inside through previously.

“You know I love you, right?”

Suzy didn’t know why she was asking that to him. Sehun just nodded before he left her to another room, and he turned around after, while the lady was still looking at his back.

“But, you can’t love two people at once.”

He, then proceeded to wander where his old bestest buddy was placed.

And that wouldn’t be me. Sehun kept the last one on his mind.

 


 

Guys’ night at 8, in my place.

 

Some pale fingers texted to some people he very close with, before he entered a room where one people he has known so much had finally back with him. Sehun gave a light knock on dark double-door on the end of his second floor. Kai opened it with his damp hair and bare torso. He seemed finished taking a shower when the palest came. Sehun noticed a slight mark on the tanned forehead, and a much bigger wound on his left upper limb. Therefore, he discerned it was the reason why Kai couldn’t recall anything.

“Do you mind if I come in?”

“Yeah, sure…”

Kai let the housemaster make an entrance to his new room.

“So…?”

He didn’t know why Sehun has awkwardly said that once he entered.

“What?”

“Is there anything you’re not satisfied with your new room?”

“Uhm… Nope. Everything’s cool.”

None of them were talking then. Sehun merely checked to his phone, before he began another conversation with Kai.

“Do you mind if—“

“You said there’s even no honorific in between, so please don't be this stiff...”

Kai was the one to cut Sehun’s line at present. The palest eyed at him for a jiffy before starting his chatter.

“Okay… Jongin-ah, I invited some of our friends for dinner. You okay with that?”

The tanned guy directed his index finger to himself as indicating if Sehun was referring it to him. He quickly nodded after doing his signature tongue-out.

“I guess I’m okay… Do I need some formal outfit? I can seek some from my—“ Kai chattered as he approached the backpack he brought from where he being captured with Sehun and his men.

“No, it will be just casual sup. And no need to rush, Jongin-ah… They’ll be here at least in an hour.” Sehun was already at the doorstep when he exclaimed that. “I’m expecting you to be downstairs by then.”

“That name you’ve been calling me… Is that my real name?” Kai held the palest on his threshold, Sehun halted his departure to answered him.

“Yeah… Your real name is Kim Jongin. What’s the name you’ve known for these last years?”

“People had called me Kai.”

“Well, in that case, some things are not changing…”

“Really?” The dark pupil surely had gotten bigger by hearing it. Sehun nodded before adding some of it.

“That’s what people started calling you since middle school—“

“And you have known me since…?”

“Since we were still kids.”

“Ah…”

“Do you want me to call you Kai, too? I try to get used to it, only if you demand me…”

“No.” He quickly responded. “Um…”

“What? I know it maybe too early for me to say this, but… Jongin-ah, you always tell me everything.”

“Please keep calling me with it…” I don’t know why it kinda relieves me, that last sentence remained inside his head.

Sehun just grinned before he left to his own room and get ready for the dinner.

 

“Here what I’ve succeeded to discover for you…”

Donghae handed Sehun some documents in the vast dining room. The younger was expecting some of his guests, yet none of them were arriving. He took some time to read the papers.

“Well, not quite a shocker.”

Donghae took back the papers as he was about to expressed his own term. “You’re somewhat good to made me inspect your own associates.”

“Well, hyung… There’s a very good saying to keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Oh…” He heard some ruckus from the central foyer. “I guess my companies have arrived. Can you please take Jongin here?”

The older nodded as he headed out from there. Not so later, two noisy individuals came into the hall.

“Sehun-ah, what have gotten into you to invite us suddenly for dinner?”

“Yeah, you’re not usually so generous like this…”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol never managed to shut their own mouth, especially when they were together. The youngest let those two sat on one of his side on the huge table.

“I just met an old buddy and I want you guys to meet him…”

“Really?”

“Who is it, Sehun-ah?”

“We’re still waiting for some more parties…”

“Who?”

“Tao’s already back to his locale—”

Those two seriously couldn’t keep their mouth sealed.

“Luhan is on his way with Lay— ah…” Sehun caught a familiar façade that he was expecting to come. Kai had already there with Donghae, while the two loudsies were speechless by way of noticing who has appeared. Sehun dismissed his former guard as he lingered Kai to meet the comrades.

“Jongin-ah, these are Baek and Yeol… We kinda stuck with these dummies in high school.”

The tanned arm hesitantly reached to shake, yet a bigger limb pulled it to a squeeze. In advance one petite body joined the group-hug. Kai has felt awkward doing embrace to some people he hasn’t familiar with no doubt.

“Kaaaiiiii!!!”

“Oh my God, I can’t believe it is really you!”

“Okay, enough, guys… Let Jongin sit first.”

Sehun gave the muted Kai a seat next to him. When the entrée were served on the table another companies has arrived.

“Yo—“

But, Luhan became rigid the moment he realized who was there with the guys, and so did Lay.

“You have something to explain me, Lu?”

Sehun folded his hands on the surface and smirked once he grasped what he had assumed was correct. And later everyone perceived, the room was already surrounded by the palest defenses. One of his men was enclosing the huge entrance, with the purpose of what would happen remained simply in the restricted area.

 

Turned out, Luhan’s father was one of the substitutes for Sehun’s withdrawal. But since the youngest was the one that was real entitled with the highest position, he had some prerogatives to keep everything on his track. He chose to exempt Kai from his yet-eternal-enemy, who he thought has been on his side for the last few years. The others surely wouldn’t underestimate Sehun’s very sharp instinct in the near future. They were likewise, receiving some details about the malign society, particularly Kai.

“Hey dickface,” Sehun was back calling Luhan with the old nickname he used when they were younger. “When did exactly you were doing all of this behind my back?”

“Yo , in case you ever notice, I’ve never really wanted to be your real pal, ever.”

“And why’s that to be exact? Wasn’t that because of our stupid teenage rivalry?”

“Come on, Lay… We should get outta here—“

“Hey!”

Sehun grabbed the older’s collar brusquely.

“Did you were intending to do this to my brother as well?”

Luhan smirked so evilly before answering that. “You know… I always hated all the treats he had for being the big boss’ son, even my father always praised him. Tch… I’m grateful that moron was the one who’s dead—“

A rapid smack from pale hand stopped Luhan’s prattling. Sehun was so furious by the thought of his whole kindness were only a part from his big act.

“Don’t you dare talk about my brother like that. And now…” Sehun heaved a loud sigh to prevent of following his urge to slay Luhan at the precise time. He also didn’t want the others to judge him as the bad person. “I want you to go from here and never, ever, have the guts to show yourself on my sight.”

Luhan dragged Lay departing from there, whilst Kai approached his ally for the last couple years, who was silent as he mainly always.

“Thanks for everything, Lay…”

The fairer one simply smiled as his current master dragged him to leave the place, and Kai bitterly looking at him, knowing Lay still should do what was he actually didn’t want for living.

 

“I’m sorry if the dinner went reverse as you all might have expected…”

Sehun spoke to his comrades when things were back to normal in the room. They barely were finishing the sweet courses.

“It’s okay, Sehun-ah…”

“Yeah, I think you have done what you’ve considered right.”

Kai remained silent as he digging up the meal when the others were chattering.

“It’s also a very rare sight to us of witnessing that kind of stuff… Haha—”

Chanyeol nudged the petite limb next to his to get along with his guffaw. The two loudsies left the place in not so later then.

“I hope you can get a decent sleep in your new place, good night.”

The palest was about to leave the place at the moment, he had so much things going on in a day.

“Sehun…”

The younger turned around hearing Kai has awkwardly called his name.

“Yes, Jongin-ah?”

“Thanks for saving me from those bad people.”

Sehun chuckled as responding Kai’s statement. “Anything for you, Jongin-ah… And don’t mind to even wake me up at night, because it is what you always do when we were living together back then.”

“Really? We were that close?”

“Told you’re like a brother to me.”

“Ah…”

“Anything else you wanna ask?” Sehun leaned to the doorframe as he noticed Kai was pondering something.

“Who’s that young lady?”

And he had a hard time to answer that one.

“Suzy??”

The tanned one nodded.

“She… Um…” Sehun might had a pang of contrition by what he would say next, but, “Why don’t you talk to her by yourself?”

Once more, Kai hesitantly nodded. “If you may let me…”

“I’ll check if she’s yet asleep, Jongin-ah.”