FINALE (part 1)

Relinqueretur
 
 

“Hence this is why you made all of us stayed in your place…”

“No. It’s because I wanted to make use of those vacant rooms.”

Sehun’s sarcastic answer somehow made the tallest of the group idle to counter. Chanyeol rested his head to the still-asleep Chinese guy shoulder, next to him. That gang was sitting on the lounger at the residence pool saloon. They gathered once more, leaving for their short bachelors’ getaway. Then, it was the bubbliest turn to speak from corner through corner, to the youngest who was sipping his early coffee.

“Even the sun’s still shy to show itself, Sehun-ah…”

“You guys are needed of getting up well-timed.”

“I’m supposed to go to bed at six in the morning, this precise time like almost every day.”

The palest guy merely chuckled seeing Chanyeol responded with his half-lidded-big-eyes. He was then not taking his sight off the notebook on his lap, as still dealing alongside a few corporate partners abroad. In advance of he perceived the most tanned young man was already at the approach carrying a tiny boy.

“Look who’s already up!”

Kai took his little one next to the bestest pal.

“Baek, do you know what time the plane will depart?”

“Eh…” The petite guy of their squad then eyed to the youngest following his top sidekick demand. “Sehun-ah, what time will we take off?”

“Eight.” He answered short while later frolicking with the toddler and his best comrade.

“And where will we be heading?”

“Nice, and then we’ll go by car to—“

“Also right now, which airport?”

“Gimpo.”

“Why?” Chanyeol got his head off Tao’s robust edge.

“You two are so nosy.”

The youngest soon be irritated by the pranksters’ duo.

“Just answer us, then.”

“Because it’s… Uhm…” He took a glimpse from the notebook screen. “Less hectic.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other, before they smirked and rather beholding disbelief to Sehun.

“Do you comprehend that is no any direct flight for outside Asia from there?”

“Commercial international flights, at least that’s what I’ve heard.”

The giant added his petite buddy inquiry.

“Hold up.”

At the moment, Kai joined their probing.

“I think I had this kind of deja vu of going for a trip with his private jet...”

 

“Sehunnie is so secretive, yet after we’ve known him for like a decade.”

The youngest guy was hacked off hearing it from the two olders. Even when their belongings were being placed into the vehicle that would take them to the airport, those beagles would not stop nattering him. Sehun then murmured to Donghae, who would lead the men taking the housemaster and his associates toward their destination.

“Hyung, is there any chance that I will be not in the same car as those loudsies?”

The older simply chuckled hearing what the former master had expressed. “Alright, another one will come right away for you.”

The palest later turned around then observed a set of two with their child, afore the main access of the house. Both were saying farewell and the little one seemed not pleased.

 

“Say goodbye daddy, I’ll see you later…”

Suzy uttered in hope the toddler would follow what she spoken. On the contrary, it made him began wailing. Kai hastily took his son from the mother clutch before long.

“I’ll be back within three of your sleeps, and while that…” He gazed at the adjoining mademoiselle. “You have to obey what mommy says to you, okay?”

The child was still weeping yet more, he buried his tiny face to the father steady chest.

“Okay…” At the moment, it was her turn to take hold of her son. Then she glanced to the lad, motioned him to just leave. “Take your bags, he understands you’ll be distant by seeing it.”

“Don’t make me look like a bad person—”

“Have fun, pop…”

She said while sustaining the pintsized hand, gesturing another sendoff to him. The child covered up his face to the mother’s shoulder, not wanting to see his father.

“Jeez… You try this in some other time and you’ll catch on me.”

Kai grumbled as picking up his luggage, then getting into the vehicle instead, once waved undesirable cheerio to the little one and Suzy. The young lady waved back and giggled for the artificial blame made by the tanned young man.

 

“Hellooo Sehunniiieee!!!”

An ear-piercing call made the palest guy got distracted from staring at the rather profound sight. It was the giant, who turned out already in his side for a while.

“Why me and Baek— Sehun-ah…” Chanyeol perceived the youngest was blue to a certain extent. “What’s wrong?”

“Yes?” Sehun promptly returned from his wandering mind, fronting the older. “So, everyone is ready, huh?”

 


 

An assembly of gentlemen was lounging in the small, however, extravagant hotel lobby in the heart of Monte Carlo. They have concluded more than twelve hours voyage.

“Here are your keys…”

After completed checking in, Donghae handed those to the former master as he dismissed the older and the rest to be unoccupied.

“They’re not staying with us?”

“They will be around.”

Sehun simply answered the interfering giant, by way of showing the sets to get choose by his group of friends. He somehow enclosed it within his palms.

“What’s the difference?”

Baekhyun examined in such meticulous way, surely didn’t want to choose the inferior.

“Equally suites, with double bedrooms. These are what we have succeeded to book in such instant. Apparently, there will be three of us lodging the same area and then one pair should be in the same—“

“Chanyeol and I definitely taking this!” The petite guy snatched the first one showed by the youngest. On the other hand, it made Sehun hid a slightly suspicious smirk.

“Well, fine… Anybody want to share a bed with me?”

“I have no problem with that…”

“Yeah, like no one would except you.”

Chanyeol mocked the darkest fellow of the group and Kai merely hissed back at him. Soon they were in the same lift going upstairs. The pranksters’ duo was supposed to exiting at the second floor. Nevertheless, both felt meddlesome about where the three youngests were heading.

“Why don’t you press the button?”

“Later when you guys are about to off…”

The palest quickly answered the tallest in quite narrow space in use by five of them.

“We are now…”

“Okay then…” He pushed the ‘8’ on the side right away.

“What so special that made you delaying to press it?”

“There are just eight floors in the building…”

Sehun gestured to the olders who were on the elevator step, gaping full of bewilderment yet shakeup vis-à-vis not picking the penthouse.

“See you in an hour for lunch!”

Kai joined the fair-skinned buddy teasing those set of beagles, and then the access got shut.

“Sehunnie is so cool…” Tao said it afterwards without a glitch.

 


 

It was their first night in the gambling center of Europe. A group of fine young men were in suits, since they entered passing dinnertime, looking rather jaded after the last round of Black Jack. They were still mulling over their next destination in the private room. Some were intending to spend the rest of the night at a club, while particularly one person, the future groom was blasé to do so.

“What about the Buddha Bar?”

“Huh?”

“At least, Sehunnie will chill a bit rather than going to the nightclub.”

“Nice one, Baek… Look he’s sulking…”

Kai pointed the pale buddy on the settee.

“But, it’s closed on 2am…”

“How did you know?”

“I’ve been there with some business ‘praters’.”

“Partners. Well, it’s around two more hours to go—”

A giant approached the petulant individual, indeed being the youngest, who was sipping the remained bourbon as looking to the others in close proximity.

“This stuff bore you stiff?”

“You know I don’t like going to that kind of place, Yeol... How long have you been a friend of mine?”

“Ahh… Sehunnie our little-bratty-GQ…” The tallest chuckled by way of wrapping the younger’s shoulder. “It is the last time we all can gather freely like this. You soon are a married man and I’m sure some of us will follow.”

“Some excluding you?” The palest countered what Chanyeol had stated, his cold snicker went by subsequently teasing the giant.

“Come on… We’ll go for a calm hang out tomorrow. I’ll book a spot for dinner along with some jazz.”

“If only you promise to be the legit best man. You know what I’m talking about?”

 

A couple hours later…

 

“See?! I knew this exact thing will happen! These people are behaving like we’re still in the coming of age, like none have drunk any before.”

The gang finally went to the place reserved club, one of the most popular in the city. Sehun endured on the table with the bibulous Kai and Tao, who prior had quaffed the alcoholic liquids as if it was water. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was just back from attaining Baekhyun of chasing a French lady on the dance floor devoid of consciousness. The petite guy knocked out as soon as he reached the leather couch.

“Come on, we all got high even before that day had come. Besides, I stay on the ball ‘cause I’m your best man, right?” The tallest of the group barely took a seat next to his intoxicated sidekick. “And now I wonder how we will take them to our room…”

The palest nippily summoned for distinctive backing through his mobile. They were returning to the hotel in the same area well along, with Donghae and some of his other men assistance.

 

Sehun was in the bathroom later above midnight when he heard a clashing sound outside. He rushed to the bedroom, finding the tanned buddy lied on the carpeting instead of the bed. The much paler guy carried that tumbled individual to doze on the mattress, which was when he actually come what may been delirious.

“You know…what?”

The younger enfolded the bronzed hand around his nape as hauling him back to the double bed, he didn’t answer since he knew Kai was under the influence.

“She was the reason why I maintained to survive…”

The set phrase obliged Sehun to close down the movement. It forced the entire doubt he had before departing returned all over. “Jongin-ah…” He identified the best pal was unconsciously saying it.

“I only remembered her…face, before I thought I was all done... You. Are. A. Lucky. Man… S-Sehun-ah…”

Kai was quickly back dozing after being laid properly by the younger. Sehun delayed his desire to sleep on that nighttime and made a call to a particular number instead.

“You’re asleep?”

Hoahm…” The deep voice across was indeed yawning. “Not really.

 

Chanyeol offered the late night visitor some remaining complimentary champagne and fruit basket from earlier when he got into the room. They were on the balcony seating on the second floor suite, facing toward the lights from the casino view.

“I knew there’s something wrong with you.”

“Says who? I took too much nap carrying on lunch this afternoon.”

Sehun said as he munched the strawberry, the giant sneered as still examining the younger.

“You can’t fool someone who has known you well over so many years. What's more,” The older adjusted his sitting position “I’m the one that you spent most of your time with.”

It was true though, considering Chanyeol had the least time being away with the youngest of their group. They went to the same nation state for higher education, the municipalities were proximate, and it caused some occasions to meet each other on long weekends.

“Do you suppose I’m doing the right thing at this point?” Sehun finally spilled what was bothering his mind.

“Please be more specific…”

“It’s about marrying her…”

Chanyeol heaved a loud sigh before responding it. “If the principle why people are getting married hasn’t changed, then I supposed because you love her and so does she…”

“Really?”

“Are we seriously discussing this right now?”

“Yeah…” The younger started doing the signature tongue-out by means of feeling some anxiety.

“And what made you?”

“Did you… Uhm…” His habit became more intense as he has gotten more perturbed. “Jongin said something on his sleep—“

“People tend to say senseless things when they got drunk, Sehun-ah...”

“As far as I know, people express things they really mean to when they’re not sober.”

In advance, the giant never grasped such cold contemplation from Sehun.

“Okay, let’s say Kai is really still care so much about her… Then why he’s giving his blessing to you? If I were him, I’ll go all the way to get back the woman that I love—”

“That’s not the only thing… Have you seen the attachment between him and the kid? I was with that boy ever since he was born and I never get that kind of intimacy…”

“Shut up, duh… You barely hang around in our country, and Kai was in town all the time ever since he returned—”

“But, it’s a real family that I am in-between, Yeol… I might stand on their way of getting the right joy as a whole.”

They got fixed by an abrupt silence for quite long time at that moment.

“You need some rest, Sehun-ah… Those eye bags won’t fit D-day well.”

Chanyeol required the palest retreating to his room to put it briefly.

 


 

A sound of glass clang by spoon stopped the young men dining activities. That evening they were celebrating the last night of gathering as complete bachelors, before the youngest would be tying the knot in less than a week.

“To Oh Sehun… Who soon will be officially got taken.”

Chanyeol led the toast as the groom-to-be best man and called it a night before they would depart on the next day, returning to their native land. On the contrary, the one that should be the happiest at the moment, turned out was having the worst mood. And someone noticed it by his sharp impulse, even from the beginning of the day.

 

Kai approached Sehun on their suite living space while Tao was already in his bedroom. The tanned guy speculated why the palest did not preparing to rest as they were having flight later on before noon.

“Sehun-ah…”

The one that got called put the snifter on his grip once realizing Kai was about taking a seat next to his.

“Is it not comfortable for you being in the same room as me? You stayed awake since yesterday…”

It was just his basical instinct which made the darker friend expressed that. Sehun eyed him with an easing yet aloofness as still gulping the booze. He swallowed it to initiate his will to sleep, also to keep away the bad thoughts that making him rather insecure for a couple days.

“No. I woke up much earlier than you today… That’s why you didn’t see me at all in the room.”

Sehun was lying without a doubt, the pocket beneath his eyes were emitting.

“Did I behaving poor when got smashed last night?”

“Tch…” The younger chortled by way of sipping more of his beverage. He merely shook his head in between.

“Alrighty… I’m gonna go washing up and then get snooze.”

Kai patted the slender shoulder of the best friend just before Sehun uttered something moderately unexpected.

“I actually have something to ask you, Jongin-ah…”

Which made the tanned young man back to the settee and it wouldn’t take much time for Sehun to spill what disturbing his notion.

“Do you truly be willing of Suzy taken by me?”

The older guy thoroughly observed the other person.

“How much jack d have you drank?”

“Jongin-ah… I’m totally clearheaded. Delight me by answering that please.”

“Okay… Didn’t we previously have discussed about this? I told that I’m fine if it’s you—“

“Let’s say it’s not me. What will you do?”

“Sehun-ah… I don’t think this—“

“Just answer.”

Sehun pierced his bestest friend with the typical cold contemplation and Kai could not help but to get tightened by it.

“You want me to be honest?” He asked.

“Of course.”

He sighed before finally giving his straightforward response. “I will not let that happen.”

“Why?”

“Sehun-ah… This isn’t right to talk over—“

The swift grab on one’s neckline by the younger stopped his conveying.

“Why are you letting me?”

Kai threw his stare off Sehun before he replied. “You’re always my best friend, indeed like my own brother. As well, I owed a lot to you and you have done much to me.”

“Tsk… Then, she doesn’t worth that a lot or that much for you?” Sehun let loose the grab on the tanned’s collar. “You are so disappointing, Jongin-ah… This had settled me to marry her beyond doubt.”

The pale young man was ready to be off the area, only before Kai exclaimed something to stand and grabbed the lean back on the opposite.

“I want you to mind your own happiness this time. And yes, she doesn’t worth that, Sehun-ah… You know what?” He hauled the younger to face him. “As it should be more than that. Because she is worth of everything. Yes… Everything. Which you already given to her, while all I could do is offering nothing.”

At present, it was the moment when Sehun got stupefied, and Kai was the one who left in no time far along.

 


 


 

Suzy was all dressed up when she exited the powder room, it was on the wedding day. She never been any prettier on her own past fine-looking times, maybe it was because she had never wore such beautiful wedding gown. The bridesmaids were there, all a bit tearing up yet fairly jittery, when they noticed her out from the changing. Nevertheless, the maid of honor almost immediately handed her a deeming piece of paper.

 

I hope to pass on good wishes for what today you will begin…

Even supposing this sure will be our end.

If only you knew, I’d rather lose everything other than you…

However, nothing could stop this from coming.

I’ll be no longer with you as you got how much I care…

And so, my dear love… Not even every word may well define it.

What is more, you will be not I for one, meant to indefinitely…

Though ever this feeling still lasting…

 

“Who wrote this?”

She eyed the entire people in the room as she asked for tissue. Krystal soon passed it to her as asking to get prepared.

“You’ll know… Come on, it’s about time.”

She reacted equally dragging the wife-to-be outside, en route toward the chapel.

 

The wedding organizer looked overwhelmed managing the bridesmaids and groomsmen lineup. It was sort of mayhem on the hallway before the side altar access. The bride was the only one who hasn’t get partner to walk on the aisle, and the instrumental already began within the next area. Resulting to no time, Suzy perceived someone walking from the threshold, vaguely over the not-too-closed veil, offering his hand to be wrapped by her. It wasn’t the actual person for the young lady to march with. She perplexed recognizing who it was at the outset, following her direct inquiry.

“Wh-why…you— Where’s Kai?”