Veiled

Relinqueretur
 
 

A few years before…

 

One young man barely got required to join a malevolent society for his descendants’ duty. He was told to supervise the environs since the highest current leader was doing a highly furtive matter. Ironically, the person he obliged to work for was his own group fellow. They got differentiated by inherent. In any case, no one could choose as who they got into this world.

It was in some desolate location outside the country he used to live in, even though the land itself wasn’t his native, the guy was forced to fortify with some higher-ups in a bleak woods. Merely a moment when the sky was about to become dark, one of the personnel found a being, fell over from where their main doers were at. Then two of them dragged that one from the stream, without minding that somebody’s wounds and later he fainted. The greenest force followed the olders to identify the person, turned out, he sort of recognized him. However, he kept his mouth shut since he didn’t have any right to speak between the higher-ups.

“Isn’t he Master Kris’ hostage?”

One of the men chattered to his companions deprived of caring the subject, which seemed need assistance. There was an individual, the quietest one, who seemed care of the unconscious person that lay off-handed on the ground.

“W-why don’t we take him to our place…?”

Everyone stared to the newest member of their assembly, before the frontrunner finally set it, unexpectedly, since there was no order regarding to that person from the other higher personnel. They finally took the sedated captive back to their nearest base in the region. Since the organization was deep-rooted and immense, these people had centers in almost every territory in the eastern part of the planet.

 

Buzz, buzz—

Yo

Why didn’t I see you in Kris’ memorial?

One guy who got occupied guarding a knocked out individual rather faraway secretly replied his long-time friend.

I got duty to watch over someone here

Buzz, buzz—

I don’t know there are so many prisoners these days…

He responded fast since the one he communicated to have acquainted with the individual.

It’s Kai

Buzz, buzz—

Really? People here thought he was dead

Another reply got sent fast.

Nope

Buzz, buzz—

Great!

Then we can make use of him to racketeer this ty pale …

Anyway, he’s giving away the highest spot to I don’t ing know who

There will be a huge conference tomorrow.

One more answer posted quickly.

What are you talking about?

Buzz, buzz—

Whatever, I hope my father get that position

I’ll guarantee you as my right-hand if things went all well.

 

He unassumingly simpered reading the last text. Although it was quite ingenuous knowing he would lookout his own comrade, he didn’t want to live this kind of life. Being an aspirational performer is what he only wanted since he was a kid. Then a person who was being laid in a plain mattress for a couple days started to show some moves, he approached the consociate straightaway.

“Kai…”

He said the name that he already known for years. Though they didn’t have such friendly correlation through those moments. The person, whose name got called, only blinked his eyes.

“Who are you?”

That bewildering sentence said by the tanned one. The fairer simply noticed it might be because the damage on his head.

“It’s me Lay. Well, you may not know me—”

 


 

“I really appreciated that you care to come here…”

Sehun greeted a familiar guest, once walking down the central stairs later on the night after the disappearance of the little boy. The visitor straightly enfolded him since she already knew what was happening in advance of his previous phone call.

“How is she?”

She asked about her best-girl-friend, whom seriously needed some company subsequent to the unforeseen happening.

“Not good. You can accompany her in Kai’s playroom, while I got some stuff to deal with…”

The pale guy hurried to the study room when the lady seized him.

“Sehunnie…”

“Yes?”

Krystal didn’t exactly know what to say, therefore she smiled to the man that she actually still care so much about. “Don’t worry… Everything’s going to be alright.”

He replied her with such beam before finally rushing toward where the men were doing some investigating. Donghae had stand by there for hours, with some of his associates from the law enforcement. It actually wasn’t too negative by have been working for his past malign organization.

“Is there something has come up to the surface, hyung?”

The house master stated his point directly by way of entering the place, whereas everyone got up from their seats, greeted him, then he allowed them to sit back. Donghae took a piece of paper which one of the officer had drawn the suspect face earlier, from the caretaker that had seen him. The former keeper might predict that Sehun wouldn’t be contented considering the picture he would have grasped.

“This can’t be— Jongin is…” Sehun regarded to the older as he plunged to one of the nearest chair. “Hyung…”

“Drinks please…” Donghae ordered an individual, whom stood nearest to the beverage station to be quickly given some to the very baffled master. “Whiskey, neat.”

He handed the snifter to Sehun, who quaffed what’s on it straightaway by still observing the sketch.

“The sitter said this man looked so much alike the boy—“

Even before Donghae finished his sentence, the younger handed the empty glass and motioned to get more of it with no words. After finishing his third glass, Sehun finally gathered his wits back and seemed mindful enough to discourse about the situation.

“So…?”

“So what?” The palest looked to the older who said it. “I want his whereabouts to be discovered by tomorrow morning. All papers should be reported on this desk, I’ll be here expecting—”

“But, Sehun-ah… Things are not quite like it used to be…” Donghae whispered to the over-eager young man.

“What do you mean?”

“We’re not having too many supports like we used to… When stuff like this could be solved in just a couple hours—“

“How long do we need to figure things out?”

“Um…” Donghae tried to give Sehun an estimated time. “A week.”

“Wh— That couldn’t be happen, hyung! Pay attention, you guys… I want that man and my boy to be at this point in three days, and I won’t take no for an answer. I’ll pay the whole enchilada at any cost.”

Everybody in the room certainly got stunned hearing the order, and Donghae quickly revived their awareness.

“You heard him… Come on everyone start working! Call every backup we got to link up with this case… Check every security cameras from here to the outer state! And you, drink boy,” He pointed the one who brought refreshments for Sehun previously. “Prepare booze for each person! Come on, we got a lot to snap!”

“Hyung…”

Sehun seized Donghae’s limbs in the midst of all the bedlam.

“Please let this remains only with people who are here right now…”

Donghae judged him with such consideration until he assumed to some degree, even though the younger did not referring in every respect to his wife-to-be.

“At least, until we made sure that is really him.” Sehun added.

“Alright, I got it all covered.”

 


 

Back to one modest room at the outskirts inn…

 

It was barely passing midnight when Kai arrived in his room with fried chicken take-outs from a store nearby. He was used to live by himself for the last couple years with only Lay as his closest friend, who was rarely stopped by his place on indeterminate times. Without delay, Kai recognized he wasn’t alone as usual when he left earlier. He recalled the little one that he snatched had fallen asleep by then. Once getting sleepy by learning words that in the end, the boy still haven’t capable to utter. The little Kai apparently wasn’t on the bed as he rested him less than an hour ago. Only the red toy car was being placed on the mattress.

“Oh no… Kiiiiid!!”

He quickly released the food wrap to the floor, when he realized the child might be missing. Kai basically thought that he would be a dead meat if the master knew he had lost the baby. If only he knew, there was a much stronger force inside him that pushed to care about the little boy very much.

“Kiiiiiiiiiiid!!! Where are you?!”

Kai hastily bowed and search for the kid under the bed, he wasn’t there. He, then, opened the closet and still the kid was nowhere to be found. Just before he panicky headed to the restroom and finally observed a little individual was struggling to flush the toilet. The little Kai held a much bigger arm than his to help reach the flusher. The adult quickly embraced the little one, deprived of minding the sharp pounding that he awkwardly felt, while assuming the boy was missing. He dropped his knees on the floor without be bothered by the damp surface he put on.

“Listen, kid… “ Kai gently brushed the soft dark locks after doing what the infant required for help. “Please give some notice to me first if you wanna go out of my supervise—“ He gazed to the little one on his grip at last. “Hey, you can urina— I mean, pee-pee by yourself… You’re quite sophisticated for a kid, huh?”

The little Kai only nodded before reaching out his hand, stretching his tiny limb to the door. “Daddy…” He simply muttered that particular term since it was the only one that he could.

“Um… Your dad has potty trained you?”

“D-daddy…” The kid started to whine and Kai racked his mind to figure what he wanted.

“Wh-what? Ah… Do you want to go back to sleep?”

The petite boy quickly nodded.

“Okay, then—“

Kai stopped muttering as soon as he looked at their reflection on the bathroom shaving mirror. He realized something, a huge resemblance of himself on the little boy on his arms. Kai looked back and forth to the child on his grasp and to the mirror. He innocently stared to the little boy.

“Is it a coincidence that after a while, I think… Somehow, we look the same? Tch…”

He chuckled before exiting the restroom, then rested the toddler back to the bed, and fell asleep next to him later that night.

 

“You’re forcing a two-and-a-half-year-old to eat your staple chow?”

The next morning, Lay came visit his associate’s transitory dwelling. Kai was merely feeding the little Kai with the food he bought a night before.

“This is the most decent food I succeeded to found last night… Besides, look! He’s enjoying it…”

Kai seemed more delighted seeing the child eating his preferred supper.

“And it’s also leftover?” Lay sighed as sitting on the bed, looking at those two on the table. “I pity him for being captured by you…”

“So…” Kai was unwrapping to coleslaw and began eating for himself, as well as still feeding the infant. Then, he merely gazed at Lay. “What sort of fusses that bring you here?”

“To make sure that you’re not abandoning him since you’re not usually fond of any tiny being.”

“Tsk… Lay…” He sneered and gazed to the person on the mattress in jiffy, before back to the child again. “He can hear you, and he’s quite a smart kid. Am I right, huh?”

He didn’t get any respond from the child that appeared too occupied eating the chicken.

“Oh yeah, now I’m invisible again… You have set up another thing to care so much about, aside from your red mini wagon…”

“It’s quite unexpected that you’ve managed to get amicable with the kid… This is not good.” Lay said the last sentence in almost inaudible volume yet Kai could still hear it. Now, the paler young man got the tanned one full attention.

“D-did you… Um… Come to take him?”

“Uhm… Nope.”

The answer from Lay practically eased Kai, and he didn’t know why for sure. Lay placed a paper bag on the table before he was exiting the place.

“I came to give some mini outfit for this kid and diapers—“

“He probably won’t need that. He can pee-pee by himself… Yeah, I know right!”

Lay confusedly stared to those two very alike individuals who just high-fived in harmony. He also never had seen the mature Kai laughed so joyfully like that in these past years.

“Seriously, Kai… Don’t get too attached with him.”

Only he said it just on his mind.

 


 

There was noises from the main kitchen in pre-lunch, which made Sehun rushed toward it since the voice could be heard from the study. Hitherto, he found his own fiancée who caused the mess, she apparently spilled some wine and a few tumblers on the floor. Sehun thought he was supposed to be with her since Krystal has to leave the place earlier in the morning. He dismissed all the servants, who were just staring at the young lady without doing anything since he arrived in the room.

Sehun enfolded his wife-to-be who was picking up the broken glasses below, and took a seat next to her. He quickly held both her hands and made her not touching the shattered tiny, sharp pieces on the floor. Suzy sipped the liqueur as soon as she grabbed the nearest wineglass she could reach. Sehun prevented her to drink her second glasses later.

“You’re not usually like this…”

“I’m just trying to get ease from any idea of might not seeing my baby anymore…”

“Hey…”

The palest young man took the wineglass from his lady, which made she glared at him.

“You have no idea how much I terrified of losing Kai for real! Oh Sehun, don’t try to forbid me—“

“I haven’t slept in any sec for two days by putting all I could, searching anywhere I know and I don’t, just for him, Suzy-yah! You supposed I’m having fun locking myself in the study, drinking with those men… Do you think I’m not feeling the same way as you—“

“Of course you’re not! You’ll know how exactly how I feel when you have your own—”

Suzy realized her last sentence really made Sehun got offended. The young man himself, abruptly took the glass, and slammed it to the sink. He washed his weary face on it then bent it downward by leaning to the counter. There was a quite long stillness occurred until meridian. Suzy later approached her fiancé after wiping the tears that streamed down for a while.

“I’m sorry.” She said as back-hugging the person she knew would do all his best to solve this problem.

“I didn’t mean to—“

“I know.” He answered by way of holding her fair arms, and turned around, enfolding her. “I always assume that kid as mine.”

She silently gave nodding. Sehun, then, put his hands on her cheeks. He made Suzy locked her intent look on his. “I’ll bring him back to you, okay?”

Even before she gave an affirmation, Donghae came to the room to take Sehun out from the place. He apparently had found the target position, yet still managed it to not be figured by the lady.

“You okay?”

Donghae asked his former master once they got into one of the black vehicle. Sehun eyed to the older, and tried to get ease the severe pounding on his chest.

“I promised her a long time ago to bring Jongin back as well…”

“Well, you might also do it this time, Sehun-ah.”

 

Donghae led a bunch of personnel slithered to a room on the second floor of a modest inn at the outskirts, the one that he has made sure of where his target located. For some reason, Sehun chose to follow him far along. He decided to wait in the vehicle rather than being in the front line up of getting the child back. Donghae observed the little was sleeping peacefully, alone on the mattress, just before someone grabbed him on the neck and pointed a jackknife to it.

“Okay, easy tiger…”

It was none other than Kai who was strangling the older.

“Do you think you can sneak in with such flashy entourage?”

Kai motioned to the balcony where he could see their vehicles yonder, and threatened the others to slit the man’s throat if everyone dared to get closer. The tanned young man eyed to the unfriendly visitors at the threshold.

“Who are you and why make you get into here?”

He talked to the man on his stranglehold.

“I came for the boy.

No one knew exactly when Sehun was already on the onset.

And I believe you have seen me at my house.”

Kai knew what was he talking about was true, since he tried to run away from that pale young man on his first attempt of kidnapping the little one, where he ended up hiding in some timbered, combating building. He quickly released the man on his stranglehold, by knowing he could be imprisoned by dint of seized with these people.

“Please take him to the car, hyung.”

Sehun ordered Donghae to get the child out from the place, while he remained there with the confounded Kai and some of the personnel.

“Okay, listen… I didn’t kidnap that boy by my own wish— See this…”

Kai put the flip knife slowly on a table near him, before about to gesture a renunciation moves, and the palest walked toward him.

“Hold up,” The tanned young man held Sehun’s upper limb. The guards on the threshold rushed to approached them, but Sehun gestured them to not to.

For the meantime, Kai surely couldn’t read the other person’s flat, yet cold contemplation. “Before you smack or even sue me, sir… I swear I never lay any bad hand on that kid—“

The palest was the one who held the darker shoulder that time. “Jongin-ah… I’m so grateful to see you alive…”

Kai didn’t know what was that mean. He eyed to the individual that set upright in front of him, whose words just got him even more disoriented.

“I beg your pardon… Are you referring that to me?”