Certainty

Relinqueretur
 
 

Formerly many years ago…

 

A fine-looking couple of two walked through the neighborhood that seemed so new, they barely moved there for a week. People around stared at the most recent sight, which they didn’t remarked often in their deserted town. The girl might be the prettiest they have ever seen, as well as the boy’s stunning appearance. The pair just went outside their place toward an acclaimed eating spot by his closest relative.

“Ken said it’s the best ramen in town, I kinda preferred yours though—”

“Hush…” Suzy sealed her boyfriend lips with a finger as she sipped the noodle broth. “The owner wouldn’t have hard time hearing you since it’s quite a tight space.”

Kai looked at the lovely mademoiselle next to him. “Do you realize he’s not speaking the same language with the one I spoke to you?”

“Good point.”

He kept staring at her, who was busy with her meal. “Hungry, huh?”

She stared back and responded, “What? It tastes great.”

“But I still want your ramyeon…”

“Alright,” She pinched the pouted mouth of his. “I’ll make one when we found a store that sells what we usually had back home.”

Kai grinned because of what Suzy had stated. He paid for the lunch and they went back to their place in not so later.

“Have you ever cooked for someone else before we met?”

The tanned guy asked before holding his girl’s hand, as they walked back to their dwelling.

“I always wanted to make ramyeon for my boyfriend…”

“Huh?! How many have you cooked for?”

“Well, how many have you asked to cook for you before me?”

A porcelain-skinned arm felt the much darker one had loosened the grip. Kai fasten his walking pace as he eventually left his girlfriend behind. Suzy smiled as she always enjoyed teasing her cranky boyfriend. She chased him and then wrapped her soft hand around his steady limb.

“Why my sweetie always so adorable when he’s mad like this…”

Kai turned his face away so that he didn’t look at the beaming, appealing girl aside.

“In my own defense,” Suzy twined her arm on Kai’s, even though the boy was still didn’t want to look at her and tucking his hand on his pocket. She kept resuming her talk. “I cooked ramyeon for them, so that they knew what I really love to eat when I was home—”

“Whatever. I don’t care whoever you’ve cooked for. Now, you only cook for me, just me, and no one else. You are mine at the present, straight on.”

“I understand, sir…” She gave a mischievous salute to the guy that hardly facing her. “What if I won’t be yours straight on?”

Suzy really enjoyed messing around with her man. She even giggled when Kai began to free himself from her grasp, yet she held him not to.

“Okay, my gorgeous young man… I promise I will be yours indefinitely.”

“Say sorry first...”

“I’m sorry.” She said before giving a peck on his plump lips.

He, then, wrapped his pinky on hers. “And promise that we’ll stay together, forever…”

“To be honest, we don’t know what’ll happen next—“

“Hush…” Kai was the one who sealed Suzy’s lips with his then.

“Mark my words, okay babe…” He locked his gaze on hers after the short make-out session in the nearby alley. “I’ll be with you, wherever you will be… To make you mine, even when you’re not, as long as I’m still breathing.”

She tried to hold her giggle, because she couldn’t stand such serious-minded situation.

“Hey, I mean it…” And the cranky Kai was back for it.

“Okay, I believe you.” She grasped the tanned face before it would turn away like earlier. She made the lad grinned awkwardly so happy.

“I love you.” He said, still regarding to her eyes.

“I love you too, Kai.”

Suzy replied him before they continued their stroll back to the new home.

 


 

“He wants to see you.”

Sehun said once he seated next to his fiancée on the sleeping petite boy’s bed. The little one just fell asleep after a long lullaby sang by his mother.

“I don’t think that's necessary.”

“Suzy-yah…” He took one of her hands, she gazed at him. “Why are you acting like this?”

“And why are you? He’s not Kai… Not the one that used to be with us.”

“Yes, he is.”

Then, a sound from the talk in one’s sleep forced the two individuals to move to the hallway.

“He seeks for you… Why do you think he could be looking for you if it isn’t from something within him that—”

“Hunnie, why are you doing this?”

Sehun could not directly answer what Suzy inquired. He heaved a very loud sigh after making up his mind of what he would say next.

“Do it for us. We always wanted him back. I would do anything I could to make him recalled everything that he lost. Do it for me, Suzy-yah...”

The young lady exhaled after quite a lot of discerning on her cognizance. “Where is he?”

“In my study, downstairs.”

Sehun didn’t know why he hugged Suzy so tight before she left him, encountering his bestest friend.

 

Kai waited patiently for a person he wanted to get the most at present. Ever since he saw the young lady at the first attempt to kidnap the toddler, he always desired to run into her with no exact reason. There were some unexplainable, weird reactions from inside him as well, every time he got to think of her. The scarce heart beating, even the agonizing twinges on his head, and now, it was all had gotten thrilling by the thought that she was coming to him. The tanned young man had stand up straight as son as he perceived the fair-skinned young lady was already at the threshold.

“Sehun said you wanted to see me—“

Kai couldn’t maintain to control himself as he directly embraced her. Suzy shoved him straightaway since she knew it was not appropriate.

“What do you think you’re doing?!”

“Pardon my impulses …” Didn’t know why I did that. The last one remained on his mind, as the other he spoke almost inaudible.

“That was how you treated other people you just met?”

She exclaimed as moving a few steps back, making him sensed more uneasy. An abrupt silence occurred right away between them. Those two actually had a lot of things to talk over, yet none of them face up to start a discourse.

“Wh-who are you…?”

He doesn’t even know my name. Suzy spoke in her own head, before she was answering Kai.

“That’s all you want to know?”

He nodded.

“I’m Suzy.”

“No, I mean… Who are you to me?”

“Maybe what you mean is, who was I to you?”

“If you say so, Suzy-ssi.”

It actually ached her heart so bad, hearing him sounded like a stranger.

“We went to the same high school.” She sighed. “We were good friends back then.”

She, then, turned away as exiting the place and holding her waterworks so it won’t stream down. But then, she felt a firm hand held hers. Kai was already standing behind her.

“No, don’t go.”

“What do you mean ‘no’?” Suzy said without facing him.

“You’re lying!”

Suzy shoved Kai back inside the room and shut the entrance. She terrified that tanned guy’s hollering voice might be heard upstairs.

“How come you said that I’m lying?!”

“I don’t… I-I don’t know… It’s just—”

His knees fell on the floor without warning, while his hand was squeezing the head. She tried to clasp him, but his body suddenly turned feeble, it was too heavy for her. Nevertheless, she gave all her strength to move him to a settee. Suzy knelt in front of the almost unconscious Kai while rubbing his freezing hands.

“Kai…”

His weary eyes stared at what in front of it. He realized those were muddle up with some stream by then. He couldn’t do anything as talking even seemed so difficult at that time. The pain on his head was severe.

“You okay?”

Suzy kept his awareness remained on the other hand.

“Wh—… Who are you?”

He was putting all his power to question her, squeezing the delicate fingers that wrapping his earlier.

“Kai…”

The pair of dark eyes gazed to a radiant brace that always mesmerized him.

“I’m sorry…” She let her hands off his that were holding hers fitted. “I’m with Sehun now.”

Suzy said before she finally exited the place, and somehow Kai comprehended, what they both once had was undeniably special.

 


 

Sehun leave out his work on the next day, to accompany Kai having a medical examination at the hospital. The tanned young man himself, followed what the palest intended to do, as he could do nothing as being in the same place with the young lady. He didn’t even confer about what happened between the two of them to Sehun, by way of the younger also didn’t ask.

 

As the doctor had observed the result earlier, Kai did experience loss of his memory. Sehun took the doctor advice to begin taking Kai to place where they used to spend a lot of time together in the past. He took the tanned buddy to a familiar residence complex in the city.

“Are you usually quiet like this?”

Sehun asked Kai on their way to his old dwelling. Their old dwelling.

Kai moved his gaze to the younger from the road. “Well… None of people I’ve known these past years have ever said that I’m chatty.”

“Hmm… That’s weird.”

The tanned one kept his intent look to the palest. “Was I a talkative person?”

“Do you really wanna know?” Sehun merely took his eyes off the road.

“Uh-huh.”

“Just so you know, there were times when I really wanted to duct-taped your mouth.”

“Really?” Kai seemed interested to the subject. “Was I as noisy as… Uhm…” He tried to dredge up something. “Ah… Baekhyun and Chanyeol?”

He was sure he never met such loud individuals as those two.

The palest chuckled. “No, Jongin-ah… You were still can be retained. And them… So beyond help.”

“Thank God… I thought I really lost everything I had in the past… Even my overly-speaking skill.”

Sehun had sneered quite a lot hearing the tanned pal babbled to a certain extent.

“So, Sehun-ah…”

And he was very contented hearing Kai called him like he always had.

“Where are we going?”

“To the condo.” He replied his best buddy at ease.

 

The room that located in the 25th floor was still the same as it used to. Donghae really did what Sehun told him to keep his place in order to remain unchanged. It was his first time visiting the condo on this stable return, along with his best friend, who stayed there with him through many highs and lows. Except Kai was the one who has forgotten everything in present.

Sehun headed to the kitchen straightaway to stock the fridge with some refreshments he bought earlier. He knew there were no staple remained in this place. When he approached the living room, he perceived Kai was observing the photographs on the cabinet near the TV set.

“I can see from these that we were that close.” Kai stated. He surely couldn’t spot Sehun’s grateful beam behind his back. Kai, then, took a particular picture with Sehun, Suzy, and him on it. The girl was twining her arms on their shoulder. He never thought he could grin as much as he did on that picture, and might did the girl, too. The eye-smile of hers easily revealed that she had a great time as well. Whereas Sehun posed a ‘V’ sign with his fingers with the usual, unreadable, flat face. The palest seemed loathing the sunlight that shone right through his façade.

“Its about seven or maybe eight years ago. We were having summer break in Gangneung. You forced me to use the beach house.” Sehun explained even before Kai inquiring.

“Sehun-ah…”

“Yes, Jongin-ah?”

The darker friend couldn’t take his eyes off the snapshot on his grip. “You two were the closest to me…”

“It’s a question or—“

“Yes. it is.”

“Yeah…”

Sehun answered him fast, then, “What did she tell you last night?” He formerly hesitated to ask the tanned buddy about that.

“She said we were friends in high school.” Kai replied as putting the photo back to its place.

“Ah…” Sehun didn’t know why the mood turned unpleasant out of the blue. “Do you want to order fried chicken?”

“Did you have an ability to read people’s mind?”

“Nope, that was just what you always ate almost every day.”

“Really?”

The younger pale guy simply nodded.

“Whoa… No wonder why I’m addicted to it.”

 

The two buddies later spent their time watching TV by way of munching the meal they ordered earlier.

“You even bought my favorite yangnyeom.”

“You turned into Jongin that I used to know little by little.”

Kai snickered with ease and no reason by hearing it. Although he couldn’t recall anything yet, but hanging out with Sehun in such familiar place really made him at relief.

“Sehun-ah…”

“Huh?” The younger responded with mouth full of pickled radishes.

“I know I might a handful to take on, but…”

Sehun gulped the munchies as he sensed Kai was wavering.

“You’re not a handful, just simply high-maintenance to live with.” He chuckled, but Kai appeared to be serious. “Okay, that was a joke… What is it, Jongin-ah?”

“Do you mind if I stay here until I settled a place of my own?”

“Why is that if I may know?”

“I… Uhm… It’s just feels so familiar and comfy…”

“But, it’s a lot safer and spacier in the house. Beside, my family’s there, so… Well, if you demand to, Jongin-ah… I’ll tell my people to stock some decent things for you here then.”

Kai never thought Sehun would effortlessly agree.

“That’s it? Thank you, Sehun-ah!”

He squeezed the fairer body with his tanned solid naturally. There were actually some other things that made him want to move out from the house. One of it was, to escape the fact that Suzy was already composed with the pale buddy.