Serendipity

Relinqueretur
 
 

Not for the reason that it wasn’t a huge hardship to be reflected about. It was more because they tried to move on with life and let the flow went as it already stirred by the time. If truth be told, Sehun and Kai literally never dispute about the lady or whatsoever. Then as tide already swirled by what destiny has brought them to some set circumstance, they were all indeed has to become fully grown. Suzy was expecting the big day with Sehun, by means of Kai has decided to settle by himself, still appreciating those best people of his life, along with the child. It was an erratic reality that they all have to live with.

 


 

“Jongin-ah—“

“No, Sehun-ah… I said I don’t want you purchasing that place. You think you can use money to bring about people’s life? I. Don’t. Need. Your. Help.”

Exceeding a month had gone by, and the palest didn’t have the outlook to see his best buddy worked as a poultry transport man. Yes, Sehun was that kind of person who fancied helping people he cared so much about through entirety that he was capable to. It was mostly by power and prosperity.

“No, no, no…”

He, then, eyed to the young lady who was lunching at the same table as both of them. They were visiting Kai at the condo along with the little boy on that weekend.

“Help me, please…” Sehun said to her who occupied by the eating child.

“No, thank you. I rather feed my baby.”

“Good, and thank you.” Kai exclaimed, and then he stared back to the palest. “Oh Sehun, you have assisted me so much. Nope, it’s already too much, to be honest—”

“Okay. Let’s say I won’t let you live here for free…  If you keep being the chicken guy, you won’t be able to pay the bills. It’s a bare truth I’m telling you.”

The condo was indeed located in the middle of an exorbitant residential complex. At the moment, Kai was the one who stole glance to Suzy. She sharply caught his.

“And no you don’t ask me for support. It’s just between you two.”

In due course, Kai weighed up for some time and finally giving his answer.

“You tell me the exact price of how much you acquired it and I will pay you back. Mark my words, Oh Sehun. And this is split from our friendship.”

The tanned guy offered a handshake to his best pal, and Sehun shook it straightaway.

“What took you so long to mull over it?”

He went to the restroom afterwards, leaving Kai and Suzy alone with their baby.

“You got such persistent husband-to-be right there.”

Kai spoke to the lady as wiping the food smear on the little one’s cheek.

“He cares so much about you that’s why…”

Suzy replied as still feeding the little Kai, and the young man smiled at her.

“Don’t make me start spoiling about how much he dears you…”

 


 

“Suzy-yah!”

One lean, beautiful mademoiselle with long, straight hair approached the exhausted-looking future bride in an over-the-top ‘house wedding’ venue in Gangnam-gu. They were still seeking for the best setting to hold the matrimony event in one spot, although it would be happening in no more than a single month.

“I managed to make a great deal with the head rep, we got this place aimed at the exact time meant for your wedding!”

“No, you’re not…?!”

Suzy quickly squeezed Krystal as she was before now ensuring thought of having a home wedding. For the reason that there was no hope getting a suitable location in almost no time.

“You really are the best maid of honor, ever!”

Those two were hopping full of joy because they finally achieved something that was more or less impossible.

“Now, you can tell Sehun about this.” Krystal told Suzy as their short merriment was over. She has been situated to inform the other bridesmaids. “I’ll call Jiyoung and Ayeon, then.”

 

“You think I’m the only one getting married?! Fine. I’ll sleep with Kai tonight and don’t you mind to follow.”

The best-girl-friend approached the weary Suzy on one of the sofa that provided at the lobby. “What’s wrong?”

She said as rubbing her back. The fiancée lifted her woozy head, Krystal perceived some waterworks on her eyes and quickly handed a hankie.

“The entire Sehun not-want-to-be-involved in this whole preparation is seriously making me sick and tired…”

The naive lass kept massaging her spinal and listening attentively such as Suzy muttered the exasperation.

“He hasn’t even picked his groomsmen— ugh… You know, he’s usually thoughtful, and kindly, and whatsoever…but, once he’s sulking, he’s such a pig. I hate him right now.”

“Eyy… I know you don’t mean that… Suzy-yah,” Krystal gently enfolded her bestie’s shoulder. ”You’re just going through a teeny-tiny hitch at this instant, before you really getting hitched— you know what I’m talking about?”

The guileless gag Krystal brought in simply made Suzy giggled. The wife-to-be squeezed the tender limb of the chief bridesmaid. “I’m so grateful for you being consequently supportive like this. Thank you so much, Krystal-yah…”

“Anything for you… I’m sure it’s all going to be worth it at the end of the day.”

 

“And here she bugs me again…”

One pale young man grabbed the resounding mobile on the end table next to his bed. He already got irritated by the earlier phone call and at this time, it was back buzzing. He took a glimpse by his half-lidded eyes to the caller ID, then perceived it was different from who called previously.

“Huh?” He spoke reluctantly to the person across the line.

Oh Sehun—

“Yes, Ms. Jung?”

Sehun could hear the lady within scoffed hearing her words got cut by him, unsurprisingly.

“Krystal-yah, did she force you—“

Yah!” He knew she never sounded so petrifying than it was. “I’m not letting you marry my best friend if you’re being such…uhm… Dirtbag…like this.

“Eh?? You mean it?!” The palest surely has fully awakened when he heard that.

Yes… I mean it—“

“Hey! I have my own right to spend my only peaceful Sunday by nap—“

As well as letting her sobbed while she fed up of you for being too uninterested about the total planning?

“She did…cry?” The sudden high-pitched voice of his suddenly turned low. “Because of me?”

Yes.

He heaved a loud sigh, partly wanting to apologize to the prospect Mrs. very bad. “Okay, then… What are you suggesting me to do?”

First, make your own fixed list of groomsmen… She has three bridesmaids including me, so—

“But—“

Save your ‘but’s for some other time. Uhm… She already out from the ladies’ room. You can figure out the rest by yourself. I never doubt your extreme level of intelligence, so… You go Sehunnie!

Then, she hung up.

“Urgh…”

Sehun tossed his fatigued body to the enormous mattress and typed something rather nippy on his phone, formerly sending it to the closest fellows.

 

My house in one hour.

No exception, all of you.

Or it could be the end of me…

Buzz, buzz—

Oh please Sehun-ah… You’re bluffing

The youngest countered it fast.

STFU and just come here Park Chanyeol

Buzz, buzz—

Just done bathing Kai and we’re ready to go there

Buzz, buzz—

Give me half more hour...

Sehun typed swift to reply the last text.

Jongin-ah

It’s not even got me fifteen minutes to make the kid all set

Buzz, buzz—

No wonder why my boy kinda sloppy everytime you took care of him

The pale fingers moved instantly to respond.

Have you ever look yourself at the mirror, Kim Jongin?

Buzz, buzz—

Oh Sehun you ahole

Buzz, buzz—

How can I reach your place that quit?

The individual who invited everybody answered that one.

This is tolerable only for your case

We’ll see you in town 3 weeks frm now

Buzz, buzz—

Oh I miss correcting this one misspells…

Buzz, buzz—

It’s quick

Buzz, buzz—

Tao

Buzz, buzz—

Quick.

And not a single person reacted to the bubbliest guy on the group.

 

“I guess I can see how all of us will gather for most Sundays on the next decade…”

Baekhyun was the last party to join his squad at the little Kai’s playroom that early evening. The petite guy approached the baby who was seated on the tallest’ lap, while the other two folks occupied by setting the webcam to Tao in another country. Given that the palest considered the substance was too essential to leave the Chinese guy behind. Well along, the child refused to be carried by the bubbliest. He enhanced the adorable-little-handgrip to his uncle Chanyeol.

“You don’t want this guy to get handy?”

The giant embraced the tiny boy that turned around and squeezed him with such cute clutch.

“No…”

The little Kai uttered the other word he had able to spoken. The toddler has learnt some basic terms and added it to his small number of expressions.

“He’s traumatized by you…”

“Me?? Why?”

“Remember you made him cry from the start, duh…”

“Kai…“ The petite young man moved swiftly to the back of his soaring friend, fronting the baby’s façade. “I’m always the Mr. Nice Guy of the bunch. Come on...”

Baekhyun offered his arms to carry, yet was still being rejected. He surrendered in a short time. “You’ll learn who’s your real favorite when you’re older.”

 

“Okay, everyone’s set now, so…”

Sehun began his discourse after settling the decent connection with one other fellow abroad.

“I’m gonna make you guys my groomsmen…”

“I thought the wedding is off somewhere we don’t know—”

A big hand of the best comrade beside sealed his edges. “Shut up and listen, Byun Baekhyun.”

“And Bacon is totally not my best man…” Sehun wrote something to the paper on his grip, making the petite young man spurted using scoff. Then, the youngest eyed to all of them including Tao on the big screen.

“Question.” The extensive limb that earlier sealed Baekhyun’s mouth raised quickly to inquire the housemaster. “What best man will be doing?”

“You’re curious about the responsibilities?”

“Uh-huh.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Well…”

Not any of them indeed knew the answer, since no one has ever joined in matrimony. Then, there was some speaking came from the monitor after somewhat interval.

“’Boarding’ the wedding ring until D-day—“

“Huh?”

“……..”

“I believe what he mean is guarding.”

Baekhyun answered Sehun and Chanyeol’s related probing.

“Where did you get it, Tao?”

“Googling.”

The foreigner replied the future groom by still looking at his laptop’s display.

“Okay, then, what else?”

“Prepare speech at the ‘recession’…”

“Reception.”

“Be legal ‘whiteness’ of the ‘crummy’ and sign wedding ‘certified’…”

All eyes were on Baekhyun, anticipating the proper translation.

“Witness for the ceremony as well as the time you and Suzy sign the certificate.”

“Yeah, sumthin like that…”

“Don’t he‘s also should help me all the way through the provision?”

“Are you ‘hitching’ me as the candidate?”

“It’s ditching, Tao.”

“It called speaking the reality since you’re far-flung… I guess it’s either you both.” Sehun stared to the person who held the little boy, and the other who has been somewhat quiet. “Oh —“

Up till the moment when the youngest shrieked it.

“Yeol, can you please cover my baby’s ear because this conversation is getting out of place.” The tanned guy said to the tallest that was enfolding his child.

“Sorry Kai…” Sehun quickly eyed to the little boy, then back to his buddies. “I forgot that I only needed three of you.”

“So, now it’s either Tao if not I, which will be uninvolved?”

“Nooo!!” That echo was hastily come out from the screen.

“Uhm…”

“Can’t it just be me?”

Each perceptive were absorbed on Kai who babbled that.

“No, no… Don’t take this the wrong way…” He briefly exclaimed as he realized their facial expression has turned tense, particularly the palest.

“Sehun-ah…” Kai approached the rigid best buddy adjacent to him. “It’s better to occupy people that so excited to get tangled. I’m pretty busy these days thanks to the store you just bought.”

“Aren’t you gonna come?”

Kai chuckled and wrapped his firm hand to Sehun’s shoulder. “Of course I am coming. It’s you and the mother of my child. Me and my boy will never miss it.”

It took a while for Sehun to finally resume his confers, even so, Kai was steady next to him.

“Okay. Such as what we have discussed, so I finally chosen our attention seeker, and not-too-employed lately, Park Chanyeol as my best man.”

“Aissshh… Can you please not mentioning the last label?” The leader groom usher sighed hearing what the youngest stated in the end.

 


 

 

Though ever this feeling still lasting…

 

 

“Jongin-ah…”

Sehun remained with his tanned pal while the rest were downstairs for pre-dinner munchies. The two of them just finished maintaining the little one slumbered.

“Yes?”

Kai glanced to the pale buddy from the edge of his son’s bed. He then swiftly moved to the opened enormous window of the room, beside his palest chum. Sehun pore over him, wanting to round about something. One way or another, the older discerned what it was in one piece, and he twined an arm around the slender shoulder.

“I… Uhm…”

“Sehun-ah… If this is about the whole groomsmen matter, I’m absolutely cool, you don’t have to—“

“I’ve never asked for your approval, Jongin-ah… And I almost never consider in when is appropriate except for now.”

The bronzed one became wordless at the occasion. Over and above, he began to speak in conclusion.

“I’ll be honest with you… ‘Cause I can’t in front of those guys…”

He tried to chuckle and soothed the situation, before seizing the deep contemplation from the cold palest.

“I was a wreck when I first got that she really had settled with you at the moment… But, it is you on the other side, Sehun-ah.”

“I-I… Don’t really get what you have in mind…”

“If there is any person I ever have willing to replace me as her man and my boy’s father, that person couldn’t be anyone but you.”

Sehun enfolded the well-founded body of his best friend in chorus. “Thank you so much, Jongin-ah.”

Kai patted the lean back of his bestest mate as they were gradually released the clasp. He stared intensely to Sehun’s once again.

“And it was her that finally had chosen you... You know what? It was you that she always remembered even when you were not here and I was with her. Please don’t ever let her down, okay? Or I’ll come right away to kick your …” He gently rubbed the youngest limb and sort of resisted to smile.

Then, it was Sehun’s turn to be chortled. “Of course, I will never ever let her.”

 


 


 

Chanyeol strolled by himself as entering the extensive porch of the mansion. He arrived an hour earlier for the luncheon invitation from the dweller, by means of wanting to talk over the bachelor party that he had planned to Sehun. Then, he spotted Suzy and Krystal walked toward the kitchen from the backyard access quite in distant. The tallest marched hasty to approach the mademoiselles.

“What are you two talking and beaming all about?” He examined them.

“Ah… Sehun told me about you being his best man, and then I would like you to meet your partner for the day.”

They were all requested to the place also for the first wedding ceremony rehearsal.

“I’m sure having thought about this…” Chanyeol grinned.

“Certainly, I haven’t.” Krystal replied with a lighthearted answer.

“Whatever.” The giant kidded back before grabbing her petite limb. “Can I talk with you in personal?”

“But, I want to help her preparing dessert…”

“That’s okay…” The young lady gave her best friend permit with the guy.

“Yeah, she has like tons of helpers therein.” Chanyeol added, making the lady of the house humbly smiled. “Suzy-yah, if Sehun asked, tell him I’m in the patio, thanks.”

 

“Have you made the arrangement for the pre-wedding?”

Krystal gazed to the guy beside her when they were already seated on the veranda chaise longue. “Of course, it’s two weeks before the event.” She kept staring at him. “Do you want to compare ours?”

“Oh you know me…” He somehow grinned full of proud, feeling sure that his was better. “What have you planned?”

“I’m going to hold a bridal shower, make the most of this very stunning and vast garden…”

“Tch… That’s it?”

“And complete spa treatment, at one of the best in town, on the next day just for us girls.”

That caused him feel rather intimidated. The miss later sneered because she knew Chanyeol was the type of person that didn’t fancy losing on everything, even this kind of stuff.

“Now, it’s your turn…”

“I… Uhm… We’re gonna do some gaming… You know, boys’ kinda thing…”

“That’s it?” She countered of what he had spoken.

“Well… That won’t be just it…”

“And then what?”

“Er…” Chanyeol managed his sort of sufficient cleverness to dig up about white lie. “I’m currently seeking for some first class strip—“

“Did you two conversing stripper?”

Sehun was already on the spot and took a seat with his companions. Krystal spilled the giant devious scheme for him.

“He’s arranging your last single man celebration.”

The palest guy seemed disgusted hearing it. “Are you sure you’re not planning a treat for yourself, Park Chanyeol?”

“Sehun-ah, it won’t be that bad after the entire night-out with poker and else…”

“You’re talking about betting game and so?”

“Uh-huh…”

“That sounds not bad…”

Chanyeol protruded rag to the younger female beside and Sehun resumed his curiosity.

“Where will we be going to then? You don’t organize that kinda episode in my house.”

“Uhm… I’m about to ask for your approval before we’ll be departing to Macau in the end of next week.”

“Macau?”

“Yeah… That’s the most decent place all of us could reach.”

“Okay, then…” The groom-to-be seemed not too relishing it. ”Why don’t we discuss this later… I think the others are coming.”

 

“Hellooow! Does anybody ‘other’ fine Chinese?”

Tao succeeded to arrive a week advancing his former schedule to the best friend marital formality. His booming entrance appeared not pleasing a group of people who had finished having meal that afternoon. Especially the bubbliest guy who loved joshing him. The house residents were there with their party of wedding ushers, and also Kai who was having turn to visit his baby by the end of the week.

“It should be ‘order’, and no, thank you… We’re full by the Italian we just ate.”

The latest visitor playfully pinched Baekhyun’s cheek once greeting the others in the dining room.

“Did you bring your passport?”

“He’s coming from another country. You suppose he’ll be allowed to pass the arrival gate if he did not?”

The chief groomsman and the leader bridesmaid competition weren’t rounding up beforehand.

“Did you guys planned for some trip before the wedding?”

Jiyoung questioned. She was one of their high school mates and also in the bridesmaid troops, along with Suzy’s childhood friend Ayeon, who sat next to her.

“Yeah…” Chanyeol answered proudly. “I have designed the whole short-delighting-trip to Ma—“

“What about Monte Carlo?”

The entire eye of grownups in the room was on Sehun who briefly said that.

“Like seriously?”

“Well… If you want to gamble, shouldn’t you do it all or nothing?”

“But, Sehun-ah… I don’t think I have much time to reschedule—“

“Relax, I got it all covered.” The youngest confidently responded the giant.

“What about the travelling fee? Wouldn’t it cost us more?”

“I said I got it all covered, Baek.”

“Can’t I be one of your groomsmen, too? I have no problem wearing suit.” Ayeon stated, in conjunction with the over admiration toward the young man of the house.

 

“Guys… We sort of have problem here…”

Sehun started to speak when they are prepared to begin practice. They were still at the dining hall.

“Suzy’s father unfortunately will be not present at the wedding…”

He spoke the truth of what they both had discussed overnight. It was because her family, particularly the father, hasn’t give amnesty for what she had done by running away in the past.

“I need someone to replace him to walk her on the aisle.”

“I’ll do it.”

Chanyeol surely would do anything to make him feel unsurpassed. His rival of the day reacted without delay.

“I’m okay marching by myself.”

“I guess you two kinda against each other starting today, and no…” Sehun eyed to one person who occupied feeding a little one who just got awakened subsequently their luncheon.

“Jongin-ah…”

“Hold up.”

Everyone must have thought Suzy didn’t want it to happen that way by giving a halt.

“What is that thing doing on the table?”

Apparently she was about to scold the young man by feeding their toddler with a knick-knack.

“What is wrong if he plays a bit while eating?”

“Oh… That is so wrong.”

The young lady snatched the red toy car from the well-polished surface while the mature Kai detained it.

“It makes him easier to eat and munch even faster.”

“No wonder why he’s being so whiny ever since you took part by taking care of him.”

“What did you say?? I’m just—”

“Kim Jongin! You can’t spoil him each and every—”

“Don’t point your finger at me, Bae Suzy!“

“What—“

“Excuse me… Parents…”

None of the arguing set of two noticed the palest appeal, until he called them by the names and raised his tone quite a lot. The whole room was stupefied in passing their rather frenzied quarrel.

“Suzy-yah! Jongin-ah!”

“Yes?”

“What?”

“Can we please mind the rehearsal to start with?”

Suzy and Kai were finally set by not letting their baby to play while having meal.

“You were saying, Sehun-ah?”

“I demand you to walk her on the aisle at the ceremony.”

“Really? Me?”

Kai glanced to the young lady next to the son on the further side. She was not looking contented replying his stare.

“Who will carry the baby then?”

“I’ll tell my mother to do the privilege by the time she’s home next Friday.”

Sehun quickly replied the future wife, whereas the tanned man ready for his following purpose.

“Only if she says sorry for blaming me—“

“You are so not pleasing… Aiiiissshh… Really— “

The young lady soon caught Sehun’s cold contemplation and he mouthed; Please…

“Fine then... I’m sorry.”

Kai offered his hand excitingly by means he won the argument, Suzy barely shook it and crashed hers to his instead. But, he was still smirking from edge to edge.

“Fine then, I’ll walk you.”